Subscribers (customers, users, RGUs, …), number of, News
Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
Nov 14, 2019 – Dish TV India (BSE: 532839, NSE: DISHTV, LSE: DTVL) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2019. The Company added 42 thousand subscribers at a net level during the period. The total net subscriber base finished at 23.94 million.
News categories: Dish TV India, Anil Dua, Digital TV, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
Nov 14, 2019 – Kagan, a TMT research group within S&P Global Market Intelligence, estimates that traditional multichannel subscribers in the U.S. fell by nearly 1.9 million in the three months ended Sept. 30, a 25% spike from the previous largest drop in the second quarter of 2019.
News categories: S&P Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
Nov 13, 2019 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. – representing about 93% of the market – lost about 1,740,000 net video subscribers in 3Q 2019, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 975,000 subscribers in 3Q 2018.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
Nov 13, 2019 – Disney+, the highly anticipated streaming service from The Walt Disney Company, has already reached a major milestone, achieving a remarkable 10 million sign-ups since launching.
News categories: The Walt Disney Company, Canada, Digital TV, Netherlands, OTT, Subscribers, USA
SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023
Nov 12, 2019 – North America’s SVOD market will close 2019 with an estimated 147 million subscriptions, expanding at a CAGR of 9% through 2023, according to GlobalData. The US market is one of the most competitive SVoD markets worldwide.
News categories: GlobalData, Eulalia Marín-Sorribes, Digital TV, Market Research, North America, OTT, Subscribers
Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
Nov 11, 2019 – Five global platforms will have 529 million SVOD subscribers by 2025. According to Digital TV Research, these five global platforms will add 257 million subscribers between 2019 and 2025 – doubling their total.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
Nov 7, 2019 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has reported results for the quarter ending September 30, 2019. The company closed the quarter with 12.18 million pay TV subscribers, including 9.49 million DISH TV and 2.69 million Sling TV subscribers.
News categories: DISH Network, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Pay-TV revenue in Russia up by 14.2% in 2018 year-on-year
Oct 31, 2019 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has released a report written by J’son and Partners Consulting on pay-TV and cord cutting in Russia. At the end of 2018, 43.2 million viewers were subscribed to Pay TV services in Russia, 3.1% more than in 2017.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, J’son and Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Charter residential video customers down 77,000 in 3Q 2019
Oct 25, 2019 – Charter Communications has reported results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2019. Residential video customers decreased by 77,000 in the quarter. At the end of the period, Charter had 15.7 million residential video customers.
News categories: Charter Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV