Subscribers (customers, users, RGUs, …), number of, News
Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
Aug 12, 2019 – According to the Leichtman Research Group (LRG), the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 1,530,000 net video subscribers in 2Q 2019, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 420,000 subscribers in 2Q 2018.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
Aug 9, 2019 – LG Uplus (KRX: 032640) has announced results for Q2 2019. The company finished the quarter with 4.241 million IPTV subscribers, up 92 thousand over the period, and up 451 thousand (11.9%) versus Q2 2018.
News categories: LG Uplus, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Results, Subscribers
Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
Aug 8, 2019 – Singtel has reported results for its first quarter, ended 30 June 2019. In Singapore, pay-TV customers increased by 1,100 on a sequential quarter basis to finish the period at 382,000.
News categories: Singtel, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Singapore, Subscribers
Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019
Aug 8, 2019 – Deutsche Telekom has released results for the second quarter of 2019. In Germany, 58,000 new MagentaTV customers were recorded in the quarter, taking the total number to 3.477 million, an increase of 7.3 percent compared with June 2018.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Austria, Cable TV, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers
Liberty Global organic video subscriber losses at 54,900 for 2Q 2019
Aug 7, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB/LBTYK) has announced results for the second quarter of 2019. The company's continuing operations ended the quarter with 8.44 million video subscribers, a reduction of 54,900 on an organic basis in the quarter.
News categories: Liberty Global, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
KT adds 147,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
Aug 7, 2019 – Korea's KT Corporation (KRX: 030200; NYSE: KT) has announced results for Q2 2019. The company finished the quarter with 8.113 million IPTV subscribers, up 147 thousand over the period, and up 441 thousand (5.7%) versus Q2 2018.
News categories: KT Corp, IPTV, Korea, Results, Subscribers
StarHub pay TV subscribers down 20,000 in 2Q 2019
Aug 6, 2019 – StarHub has announced results for the quarter and six months ended 30 June 2019. The company's Pay TV base finished the period at 374,000 customers, after a net reduction in the quarter of 20,000 customers.
News categories: StarHub, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Singapore, Subscribers
Brazil pay TV subscribers down in 528k in 2Q 2019
Aug 2, 2019 – According to Anatel, Brazil's pay TV subscriber base ended June 2019 at 16.71 million, down 528 thousand subscribers in the quarter and down 1.23 million versus one year before.
News categories: Anatel, Brazil, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
Costa Rica TV subscriptions up 6.2% in 2018
Aug 1, 2019 – Costa Rica's Superintendencia de Telecomunicaciones (SUTEL) has releases statistics for the country's telecoms market in 2018. Costa Rica finished 2018 with 884,000 pay TV subscribers. The market grew by 52,000 (6.2%) over the year.
News categories: SUTEL, Cable TV, Costa Rica, Digital TV, IPTV, MMDS, Satellite, Subscribers
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019