Software (Media Players, Middleware, Browsers, Stacks, …) News
Digisoft.tv unveil Playmigo, multiscreen made simple
Jun 21, 2017 – Digisoft.tv has announced the release of its casting solution, Playmigo. The SaaS and technology platform enables OTT video providers to cast their content to almost any connected TV device without the need to develop and deploy TV apps.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, John Casey, Digital TV, Middleware, Multiscreen, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Freeview Play updates UX with launch of Freeview Explore
Jun 21, 2017 – Freeview has announced the launch of Freeview Explore. Freeview Explore will demo core functionality, deliver the latest news on the Freeview channel line-up and provide a showcase of the day’s best on-demand programmes from the UK’s leading broadcasters.
News categories: Freeview, Guy North, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK, UX
Slovenia's Teleing adds catch up and multiscreen with UniqCast
Jun 20, 2017 – Teleing, a cable operator in Slovenia, has launched Catch Up TV and multiscreen support based on UniqCast's Interactive TV platform, enabling them to extend their service and keep an edge in the competitive TV market.
News categories: UniqCast, Teleing, Darko Robič, Janez Smolkovic, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Slovenia
Tata Elxsi announces Connected Home Center of Excellence
Jun 19, 2017 – Tata Elxsi's Connected Home Center of Excellence leverages expertise in video, IoT and smart home services, experience of open source middleware such as RDK and Android TV, and solution accelerators to support rapid development and deployment of next-generation Connected Home services.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Airtel, K P Sreekumar, Sunil Taldar, Digital TV, India, Smart Home, Software
Spectral Edge launches Ultra HD solution for color-blind viewers
Jun 8, 2017 – Spectral Edge has announced that it will unveil a 4k Ultra HD version of its Eyeteq content accessibility technology at the M-Enabling Summit. This enables pay TV operators to better meet the needs of those that suffer with color-blindness.
News categories: Spectral Edge, Matthew Terrell, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX
YouView developing voice controlled TV with Amazon
Jun 8, 2017 – YouView has announced plans for a pilot to enable a voice controlled TV experience for YouView viewers using Amazon Alexa. YouView are one of the first developers worldwide to work with the new Alexa Video Skill API.
News categories: YouView, Amazon, TalkTalk, Fani Sazaklidou, Fabrice Rousseau, Aleks Habdank, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK, UX
SBS launches HbbTV advertising with Chio, 24i, Isobar and Carat
Jun 8, 2017 – 24i Media has announced that they have joined forces with Isobar and Carat to create and implement HbbTV-based addressable TV for SBS Broadcasting in the Netherlands. The first campaign is with the brand Chio Heartbreakers.
News categories: 24i Media, SBS Broadcasting, Carat, Isobar, Madelon Olsthoor, Dorine van Mullem-Ale, Ronnie van Briemen, Advertising, Digital TV, HbbTV, Netherlands
Tele2 deploys enhanced viewing experience with Espial
Jun 7, 2017 – Espial has announced the deployment by Tele2 of an updated video user experience in the Netherlands. The enhanced viewing experience features high-definition menus and content posters and new features such as an interactive trailer channel.
News categories: Espial, Tele2, Michael McCluskey, Fouad el Idrissi, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands, UX
You.i Engine adds support for Roku Scene Graph 7.6
Jun 5, 2017 – You.i TV has extended the cross-platform reach of its video experience platform by adding support for Roku Scene Graph 7.6. Apps built on You.i Engine for Roku support the standard monetization and discovery features of the platform.
News categories: You.i TV, Filmstruck, Roku, Jason Flick, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, UX, Worldwide
- GroupM revises 2017 UK advertising growth forecast down to 4.1% from 7%
- PeerLogix Partners with Neustar to propel OTT audience segmentation
- KDDI chooses Sigma Design's Z-Wave for Smart Home service
- Arianespace to launch Hellas Sat 3 and GSAT-17 on June 28
- Quality of OTT video streaming experience directly tied to viewer loyalty
- Pay TV firms to continue to dominate $126bn US video/TV market
- Blue Ridge Communications prepares for OTT video with SeaChange
- EBU urges EU policy makers to set out clear privacy rules for audience measurement
- Digisoft.tv unveil Playmigo, multiscreen made simple
- UK media and entertainment sector remains robust
- Freeview Play updates UX with launch of Freeview Explore
- Evolution Digital reaches eVUE-TV agreement with GCI
- Slovenia's Teleing adds catch up and multiscreen with UniqCast
- Time Warner to develop and produce Shows for Snapchat
- Samba TV raises $30 million in growth capital
- Zenith renews TV ratings agreement with Nielsen
- Adobe announces Adobe Advertising Cloud TV
- OTT driving Taiwan multichannel video
- Net Insight and Ericsson together offer end-to-end media contribution
- Global pay TV revenues climb by $32 billion