Software (Media Players, Middleware, Browsers, Stacks, …) News
Freeview NZ to launch new on-demand platform and connected PVR
Oct 19, 2017 – Freeview New Zealand has announced the launch of a new PVR along with a new Freeview On Demand platform combining Live TV and On Demand services. The PVR will be the first device to combine Freeview Live TV, Freeview On Demand and Freeview Record capabilities.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Jason Foden, Digital TV, HbbTV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Czech HbbTV adopts header bidding solution from R2B2
Oct 16, 2017 – R2B2 has announced that it has developed a header bidding solution called R2B2 AYM. R2B2 AYM (Automated Yield Management) is an HbbTV compatible solution that links demand for programmatic advertising with addressable TV.
News categories: R2B2, Martin Čelikovský, Advertising, Czech Republic, Digital TV, HbbTV
Metrological and ActiveVideo enable OTT on existing STBs
Oct 16, 2017 – Metrological and ActiveVideo have announced a joint solution that enables pay-TV operators to deploy OTT content experiences on existing set-top boxes. Two operators in the Caribbean and Latin America region plan to launch the integrated solution in 2018.
News categories: Metrological, ActiveVideo, Jeroen Ghijsen, Jeff Miller, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware, OTT, SCTE•ISBE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
R2B2 brings content targeting to ads on HbbTV
Oct 12, 2017 – R2B2, operator of R2B2 Multiscreen, a programmatic advertising network that includes internet content as well as Czech TV stations, is introducing content targeting for ads on HbbTV. Content targeting has been primarily associated with the internet, but now it is on TV as well.
News categories: R2B2, Aleš Sekanina, Advertising, Czech Republic, HbbTV, Worldwide
Ten TV app vendors adopt Vewd certification process
Oct 12, 2017 – Vewd has announced that ten of the world’s top TV app vendors will unite in support of the Vewd ecosystem in a bid to unify the fragmented TV app market. The ten app vendors are Accedo, Cisco, Easel TV, Float Left Interactive, Fractal Media, Massive, Tradecast, TV App Agency, Wizitivi, and 24i.
News categories: Vewd, Accedo, TV App Agency, Easel TV, Daniel Nordberg, Michael Lantz, Bruno Pereira, Joe Foster, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, QoE
Mariner xVu provides monitoring and analytics for MAXtv update in Croatia
Oct 11, 2017 – Mariner xVu has announced that Hrvatski Telekom (HT) has expanded its use of xVu software. The latest version of xVu will support the integration of HT's new middleware platform and STBs with the existing xVu deployment, providing monitoring and analytics for both.
News categories: Mariner xVu, Hrvatski Telekom, Marc Savoie, Hrvoje Jerković, Croatia, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, QoE, Set Top Box
Megacable selects ThinkAnalytics for TV experience personalisation
Oct 11, 2017 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that Megacable is now personalizing Xview pay-TV customers’ linear and VOD experiences on set-top boxes, online and on mobile apps with recommendations based on their viewing preferences.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Megacable, Rick Schiavinato, Oscar Gerardo Seifert, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Multiscreen, Set Top Box, UX
RiksTV deploys AdScribe audience measurement and analytics
Oct 10, 2017 – AdScribe has announced that RiksTV has deployed its audience measurement and analytics tool AdScribe Audience to accurately measure live TV; time-shift TV; catch-up TV; and VOD content viewed on connected set-top boxes; Android™ apps; and iOS devices.
News categories: AdScribe, RiksTV, Donal O'Connor, Ole Martin Andersen, Advertising, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, Multiscreen, Norway, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
TV in 2020: 50 percent of viewing will be mobile
Oct 9, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) has unveiled the eighth edition of its annual ConsumerLab TV and Media report, which details the massive growth in TV and video viewing and the ongoing shift in the way consumers watch content.
News categories: Ericsson, Anders Erlandsson, Digital TV, Market Research, Multiscreen, UX, VR, Worldwide
- CASBAA forms Coalition Against Piracy in Asia
- Verizon FIOS video subscribers down 18,000 in 3Q 2017
- Eurofins Digital Testing acquires U.S.-based My Eye Media
- Freeview NZ to launch new on-demand platform and connected PVR
- Brazilian antitrust authority approves AT&T acquisition of Time Warner
- IC Insights raises 2017 IC market forecast to +22%
- Nielsen launches SVOD content ratings
- Optic Communications launches pay TV with Espial
- Encoding.com launches first video QC service in the cloud
- Montage Technology licenses Allegro DVT video encoder IP for STB ICs
- Touchstream debuts live OTT stream content availability monitoring
- true[X] and Innovid partner to bring Engagement Ads to living room devices
- MCTV launches IPTV services with Espial
- Worldwide device shipments to increase 2.0% in 2018
- Vodafone TV launches in New Zealand
- Czech HbbTV adopts header bidding solution from R2B2
- Metrological and ActiveVideo enable OTT on existing STBs
- Kaon adopts monitoring from Greenwave Systems for cable devices
- INSIGHT TV joins Amazon Channels line-up in UK and Germany
- US leads in scripted TV production but volume is declining