Digital TV Business, Technology and Market Research News
Correction in LCD TV panel demand expected in 1Q 2018
Jan 17, 2018 – While some TV brands are expected to maintain their panel purchasing plans, others are forecast to reduce demand in the first quarter as it is a traditionally slow season and some demand was pulled into the last quarter, according to IHS Markit.
News categories: IHS Markit, Deborah Yang, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
fuboTV taps SpotX For monetization of OTT content
Jan 16, 2018 – SpotX has announced a partnership with fuboTV, the leading sports-first streaming TV service. Through this partnership, SpotX is powering the programmatic monetization of fuboTV’s live, over-the-top (OTT) content.
News categories: SpotX, fuboTV, Ryan Kenney, Andy Hammond, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Online video in MENA to grow more than 22% annually until 2021
Jan 15, 2018 – According to EY’s report on video consumption trends in the region, most MENA markets are projected to grow online video revenues by 22%–35% annually until 2021. As a result, digital’s share of the video revenue pie is projected to rise from 9.6% in 2017 to 17.3% by 2021.
News categories: EY, Ahmed Reda, Nripendra Singh, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT
Fincons selected by Sky Deutschland as preferred supplier for OTT
Jan 15, 2018 – As part of Sky’s ‘Better Sky’ programme, set up in 2016 to identify strategies and reliable partners to invest and take part in its growth strategy, Fincons Group has been named by Sky Deutschland as Preferred Supplier in their OTT Cluster.
News categories: Fincons Group, Sky Deutschland, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Multiscreen, OTT
Marlin DRM announces Enhanced Content Protection for UHD content
Jan 15, 2018 – Marlin DRM has announced a compliance and robustness (C&R) framework for enhanced content protection (ECP) for ultra-high-definition (UHD) content. This solution conforms with requirements set by the content industry.
News categories: Marlin DRM, Hide Hosokawa, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Multiscreen, Worldwide
Pay TV competition biting in the MENA region
Jan 15, 2018 – Pay TV revenues in the Middle East and North Africa will reach $3.62 billion in 2023 – up by only 7.8% on 2017. Pay TV revenues will fall in 2018. They will be flat in 2019 before starting a slow recovery.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East
Inview and Montage LZ offer joint STB middleware and chipset solution
Jan 12, 2018 – Inview and Montage LZ have announced they are collaborating to offer a pre-integrated set-top box middleware and chipset platform for emerging markets. This solution will offer a range of user experiences.
News categories: Inview, Montage, Raza Ansari, YC Lai, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
8K display production to begin ramp-up in 2018
Jan 12, 2018 – As the demand for super-large TV displays grow, the need for higher resolution is set to increase, seeing the first uses of 8K display in 2018, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO). Most TV panel suppliers are planning to mass produce 8K displays in 2018.
News categories: IHS Markit, Ricky Park, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
SK Telecom, ONE Media, and Sinclair to develop ATSC 3.0 platform
Jan 11, 2018 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) has announced that the company will jointly explore the development of an ATSC 3.0 platform with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) and its subsidiary ONE Media 3.0.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Park Jung-ho, ATSC, CES2018, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
- Correction in LCD TV panel demand expected in 1Q 2018
- fuboTV taps SpotX For monetization of OTT content
- Online video in MENA to grow more than 22% annually until 2021
- Growth in HD FTA channels at Eutelsat's 7/8°W neighbourhood
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to grow 7.5% in 2018
- Fincons selected by Sky Deutschland as preferred supplier for OTT
- Marlin DRM announces Enhanced Content Protection for UHD content
- Pay TV competition biting in the MENA region
- Dentsu Aegis forecasts improved ad spend outlook for 2018
- Inview and Montage LZ offer joint STB middleware and chipset solution
- Partner Communications monitors OTT video quality with Interra Systems
- 8K display production to begin ramp-up in 2018
- SK Telecom, ONE Media, and Sinclair to develop ATSC 3.0 platform
- Stoneroos delivers set-top box UI for DELTA’s IPTV service
- Tru Optik launches OptOut.TV to give consumers OTT privacy controls
- 60 million pay TV subscribers added globally between Q316 and Q317
- Sinclair Broadcast and Imagine Communications collaborate on ATSC3.0 monetization
- Comcast expands home automation across its entire Xfinity portfolio
- LG 4K UHD TVs in Korea include ATSC 3.0 tuners
- DISH to work with the Google Assistant