Digital TV Business, Technology and Market Research News
Creonic launches additional DVB-S2X IP cores
Apr 28, 2017 – Creonic has announced the launch of multiple IP cores for wideband satellite communication, satisfying current and future requirements of nanosatellites as well as high-throughput satellites (HTS).
News categories: Creonic, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Satellite, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
69% of U.S. TV households have a connected TV
Apr 27, 2017 – According to Leichtman Research, 69% of US TV households have at least one television set connected to the internet via a smart TV set, a stand-alone device, a video game system, and/or a Blu-ray player.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Streaming far surpasses VOD as the go-to source for on demand content
Apr 27, 2017 – The rise of streaming is being driven largely by the increase of streaming to the TV set, reveals the latest data from Horowitz Research’s State of Pay TV, OTT and SVOD study released to clients last week.
News categories: Horowitz Research, Stephanie Wong, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Malaysia's tonton OTT to be available through Singtel
Apr 27, 2017 – Malaysian OTT content player, Media Prima Television Networks (MPTN), has inked a strategic marketing partnership agreement with Singtel to bring its popular OTT streaming service, tonton, to Singapore.
News categories: Media Prima, Singtel, Datuk Kamal Khalid, Goh Seow Eng, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Singapore
Totalplay selects ATEME virtual encoding for its converged headend
Apr 26, 2017 – ATEME has announced that Totalplay, triple play operator affiliate of Mexican multimedia conglomerate Grupo Salinas, has selected ATEME’s TITAN virtual encoding solution for its converged headend.
News categories: ATEME, Totalplay, Robert Oaxaca, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico
Sky's OTT service, NOW TV, launches in Ireland
Apr 26, 2017 – NOW TV, the online streaming service offering millions the opportunity to stream unmissable shows, the biggest blockbuster movies and exclusive live sport, all without a contract, is now available in Ireland.
News categories: Sky, NOW TV, Ann-Marie MacKay, Digital TV, Ireland, OTT, Set Top Box
PLDT announces next generation TVolution streaming box
Apr 26, 2017 – PLDT has announced the next generation of its TVolution streaming box. PLDT has worked with Roku to deliver to its customers a fully proven solution that is easy to use and loaded with great content.
News categories: PLDT, Roku, Oscar Reyes Jr, Andrew Ferrone, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines, Set Top Box
FreeCast to offer OTA TV via its ATSC 3.0 STB
Apr 25, 2017 – With the ATSC 3.0 standard, FreeCast plans to offer hundreds of TV networks, including pay channels, over-the-air. FreeCast's upcoming ONE set top box will play a key role, adding crucial elements of the current pay-TV experience to the broadcast lineup.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
Viu hits 6 million active users, 50% growth in 4 months
Apr 25, 2017 – Viu has announced that it hit 6 million monthly active users (MAU) across its markets in March this year, up 50% on November 2016. Viu is now available in Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, India, Indonesia, the Philippines, Oman, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Jordan, Kuwait, Egypt and Bahrain.
News categories: PCCW Media, Janice Lee, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Oman, OTT, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Subscribers, UAE
- Creonic launches additional DVB-S2X IP cores
- 69% of U.S. TV households have a connected TV
- Streaming far surpasses VOD as the go-to source for on demand content
- Malaysia's tonton OTT to be available through Singtel
- Comcast video subscribers up 42,000 in 1Q 2017
- Kinnevik acquires 18.5% in Com Hem
- Totalplay selects ATEME virtual encoding for its converged headend
- Sky's OTT service, NOW TV, launches in Ireland
- PLDT announces next generation TVolution streaming box
- AT&T linear down 233k; DTVLA up 91k video subs in 1Q 2017
- FreeCast to offer OTA TV via its ATSC 3.0 STB
- Viu hits 6 million active users, 50% growth in 4 months
- Samsung employees show experimental hands-free VR interface
- Channel 4 launches world's first audio personalised TV ads
- SES, Fraunhofer HHI and Newtec show 360° VR over DVB-S2X at NABShow
- Eutelsat running antenna seeding programme across the Americas
- Paywizard integrates with Cisco's Infinite Video Platform
- ZoneTV and ActiveVideo show cloud delivery of Dynamic Channels
- RTÉ to develop next generation RTÉ Player with Fincons Group
- Cincinnati Bell takes multiscreen OTT security from Verimatrix