Digital TV Business, Technology and Market Research News
Casbaa releases updated pay TV and OTT Regulatory Review for Asia
Jul 19, 2018 – Casbaa has released a review of OTT and regulatory policies for the video industry around Asia. Based on a year-long study of legal frameworks and government policies, Casbaa has examined key issues in regulation of the pay TV and online video industry.
News categories: Casbaa, Louis Boswell, John Medeiros, Australia, Cambodia, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, USA, Vietnam
Minerva launches turnkey cloud video service for cable and telco operators
Jul 19, 2018 – Minerva Networks has unveiled a cloud video offering for pay TV operators. Built around the Company’s Minerva 10 platform, the service is a turnkey solution for the delivery of pay TV to both STBs and streaming media devices.
News categories: Minerva Networks, Com Net Inc, Mauro Bonomi, Randy Plaisier, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Multiscreen, North America
AlphaNetworks creates global A.I. powered media platform
Jul 19, 2018 – AlphaNetworks has announced video infrastructure powered by AI and blockchain. The digital framework provides creators, media companies and advertisers with applications for better video monetization, management and analytics.
News categories: AlphaNetworks, Seth Shapiro, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Oversupply of large TFT LCD panels to prompt restructuring of older fabs
Jul 19, 2018 – TFT LCD panel makers are expected to reduce production of comparatively smaller sized 32-, 40- and 43-inch panels, helping to stabilize panel prices in the third quarter of 2018, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, David Hsieh, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Aiming to be local everywhere, Amazon and Netflix ramp up content production
Jul 18, 2018 – Since rolling out worldwide in 2016, Amazon and Netflix have both stepped up original video content production. Netflix launched 1,257 hours of original first-run content in 2017, well ahead of Amazon Prime Video’s 285 hours, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Tim Westcott, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Innovid adds VAST inventory support across major vendors
Jul 18, 2018 – Innovid has announced support for third party viewability measurement from all major vendors in VAST inventory. Complete video viewability measurement was previously only available in VPAID inventory. On mobile and connected TV, VAST is more commonly used than VPAID.
News categories: Innovid, Michael Tuminello, Felix Hansen, Saar Paamoni, Dale Older, Dan Fichter, Advertising, Digital TV, Multiscreen, OTT, USA
SimpleReach launches all-in-one digital video measurement platform
Jul 18, 2018 – SimpleReach has announced the release of its all-in-one video measurement platform that enables brands to seamlessly track owned, publisher partner, and influencer video performance across the digital video landscape.
News categories: SimpleReach, Edward Kim, Luke Kintigh, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
UK: TV streaming services overtake pay TV for first time
Jul 18, 2018 – The number of UK subscriptions to television streaming services like Netflix has overtaken those to traditional pay television for the first time. The findings are part of Ofcom’s Media Nations report, a study of major trends in the UK’s television, radio and audio sectors.
News categories: Ofcom, Sharon White, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Tremor Video DSP and Dstillery deliver joint audience targeting solution
Jul 17, 2018 – Tremor Video DSP has announced that it has partnered with Dstillery to deliver an exclusive audience targeting solution. The partnership leverages Tremor Video DSP’s video bid stream data and advanced creative with Dstillery’s predictive marketing intelligence.
News categories: Tremor Video DSP, Dstillery, Abbey Thomas, Evan Hills, Jarod Caporino, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- Casbaa releases updated pay TV and OTT Regulatory Review for Asia
- Minerva launches turnkey cloud video service for cable and telco operators
- AlphaNetworks creates global A.I. powered media platform
- Oversupply of large TFT LCD panels to prompt restructuring of older fabs
- Aiming to be local everywhere, Amazon and Netflix ramp up content production
- Innovid adds VAST inventory support across major vendors
- SimpleReach launches all-in-one digital video measurement platform
- UK: TV streaming services overtake pay TV for first time
- Tremor Video DSP and Dstillery deliver joint audience targeting solution
- Smart TV share jumps to 70% of TV shipments in 2018
- TDS Telecom Selects TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
- Verizon Digital Media Services provides content delivery for Grupo Clarín
- 52.5 million pay TV subs for European former USSR countries in 1Q 2018
- Anevia joins Red Hat technology partner program
- Telia acquires TDC’s Norwegian business
- Pay TV subscribers in Latin America reached 71.4 million in Q1 2018
- Telkom Indonesia launches OONA mobile TV app with Brightcove
- Smartphone displays set to move rapidly to 18:9
- iflix subscriber numbers up 250% in 1H 2018
- Online video viewing to exceed an hour a day in 2018