Digital TV Business, Technology and Market Research News
CASBAA forms Coalition Against Piracy in Asia
Oct 19, 2017 – CASBAA has announced the formation of the Coalition Against Piracy (CAP), an initiative to coordinate industry resources in the fight against rampant content theft. The CAP includes leading video content creators and distributors in Asia.
News categories: CASBAA, John Medeiros, Neil Gane, Asia, Content Protection, Digital TV
Eurofins Digital Testing acquires U.S.-based My Eye Media
Oct 19, 2017 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that it has acquired My Eye Media to strengthen its ability to help serve multiplatform TV and video service providers, including studios, programmers, broadcasters, OTT providers and operators around the globe.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, My Eye Media, Johan Craeybeckx, Michael Kadenacy, Digital TV, MnA, QoE, USA
Freeview NZ to launch new on-demand platform and connected PVR
Oct 19, 2017 – Freeview New Zealand has announced the launch of a new PVR along with a new Freeview On Demand platform combining Live TV and On Demand services. The PVR will be the first device to combine Freeview Live TV, Freeview On Demand and Freeview Record capabilities.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Jason Foden, Digital TV, HbbTV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Brazilian antitrust authority approves AT&T acquisition of Time Warner
Oct 18, 2017 – Brazil’s antitrust authority, the Conselho Administrativo de Defesa Econômica (CADE) has approved AT&T’s pending acquisition of Time Warner. CADE’s approval does not require the sale or divestiture of any AT&T or Time Warner assets.
News categories: AT&T, Conselho Administrativo de Defesa Econômica, David McAtee, Brazil, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Regulation
Nielsen launches SVOD content ratings
Oct 18, 2017 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced that it is now offering a syndicated solution to independently measure subscription-based streaming content. Eight television networks and production studios have already subscribed to the service.
News categories: Nielsen, Megan Clarken, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Optic Communications launches pay TV with Espial
Oct 18, 2017 – Espial has announced that Optic Communications has launched a pay-TV service called Optic Hub powered by its Espial Elevate cloud SaaS solution. Optic Communications is a fiber provider serving customers in Kansas and Missouri.
News categories: Espial, Optic Communications, Michael McCluskey, Nick Saporito, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Multiscreen, USA, Wireless
Encoding.com launches first video QC service in the cloud
Oct 18, 2017 – Encoding.com has introduced the first Video QC as a Service in the cloud. The new service will enable content providers to offload their video quality control infrastructure, and instead utilize the cloud based API service from Encoding.com.
News categories: Encoding.com, Greggory Heil, Digital TV, OTT, QoE, Worldwide
Montage Technology licenses Allegro DVT video encoder IP for STB ICs
Oct 17, 2017 – Allegro DVT has announced that Montage Technology has licensed Allegro DVT's AL-E100 multi-format H.264/AVC and H.265/HEVC encoder IP for integration into its next-generation set-top box (STB) products.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Montage Technology, Pierre Marty, Gene Liu, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Touchstream debuts live OTT stream content availability monitoring
Oct 17, 2017 – Touchstream has announced StreamCAM, Stream Content Availability Monitor, its cloud-based service for live linear OTT streams. StreamCAM ensures stream availability by monitoring each bitrate 24/7/365 to help providers mitigate QoE issues.
News categories: Touchstream, Brenton Ough, Digital TV, OTT, QoE, USA, Worldwide
- CASBAA forms Coalition Against Piracy in Asia
- Verizon FIOS video subscribers down 18,000 in 3Q 2017
- Eurofins Digital Testing acquires U.S.-based My Eye Media
- Freeview NZ to launch new on-demand platform and connected PVR
- Brazilian antitrust authority approves AT&T acquisition of Time Warner
- IC Insights raises 2017 IC market forecast to +22%
- Nielsen launches SVOD content ratings
- Optic Communications launches pay TV with Espial
- Encoding.com launches first video QC service in the cloud
- Montage Technology licenses Allegro DVT video encoder IP for STB ICs
- Touchstream debuts live OTT stream content availability monitoring
- true[X] and Innovid partner to bring Engagement Ads to living room devices
- MCTV launches IPTV services with Espial
- Worldwide device shipments to increase 2.0% in 2018
- Vodafone TV launches in New Zealand
- Czech HbbTV adopts header bidding solution from R2B2
- Metrological and ActiveVideo enable OTT on existing STBs
- Kaon adopts monitoring from Greenwave Systems for cable devices
- INSIGHT TV joins Amazon Channels line-up in UK and Germany
- US leads in scripted TV production but volume is declining