Digital TV Business, Technology and Market Research News
ENENSYS technology deployed in live ATSC 3.0 showcase
Mar 19, 2018 – ENENSYS has announced that its ATSCheduler – ATSC3.0 Broadcast Gateway - was successfully used in the recent live Next Gen TV showcase by WRAL-TV, NBC Universal and NAB. The technology has also been deployed in several other US trials and by broadcasters in Korea.
News categories: ENENSYS, WRAL, Richard Lhermitte, Pete Sockett, Apps, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, NABShow, USA
Eastern Europe digital pay TV subscribers to grow 27% between 2017 and 2023
Mar 19, 2018 – The number of digital pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe will increase from 25.49 million in 2010 to 61.57 million in 2017 and onto 78.08 million by 2023, according to a new Digital TV Research report.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Russia, Subscribers
Mongol TV goes live with Brightcove OTT Flow
Mar 19, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that Mongol TV has launched ORI TV, an OTT streaming service utilising Brightcove OTT Flow, powered by Accedo. ORI TV is the only Mongolian language OTT service delivering on-demand and live TV content to viewers worldwide.
News categories: Brightcove, Mongol TV, Accedo, Ben Morrell, Bat-Erdene Gankhuyag, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mongolia, Multiscreen, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Tencent Video subscriptions reach 62.59 million at end-February 2018
Mar 18, 2018 – Tencent Video has announced its paid subscriptions reached 62.59 million as of the end of February 2018, which further enhanced its leading position as the largest online video platform in China.
News categories: Tencent, Thirty Sun, China, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers
One in five U.S. broadband households use a digital antenna to access live TV
Mar 15, 2018 – According to Parks Associates, the percentage of U.S. broadband households that use digital antennas in their home has steadily increased to reach 20% near the end of 2017, up from 16% in early 2015.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, Terrestrial, USA
Akamai enables Dynamic Ad Insertion in live cricket on SonyLIV
Mar 15, 2018 – Akamai (NASDAQ: AKAM) has announced that SonyLIV provided multi-screen engagement to users on all devices, using Akamai's Dynamic Ad Insertion capabilities during the India-South Africa cricket series held over January and February 2018.
News categories: Akamai, Sony Pictures Network, SonyLIV, Sidharth Pisharoti, Uday Sodhi, Advertising, Digital TV, India, OTT
U.S. set-top box energy efficiency voluntary agreement extended
Mar 15, 2018 – The CTA and NCTA have announced a four-year extension of the Voluntary Agreement for Ongoing Improvement to the Energy Efficiency of Set-Top Boxes, initially signed in 2012. The extended agreement is expected to save consumers energy and avoid CO2 emissions.
News categories: NCTA, Consumer Technology Association, Neal Goldberg, Doug Johnson, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
SpotX matches media buyers to Pluto TV’s OTT TV service
Mar 15, 2018 – SpotX has extended their strategic partnership with Pluto TV, a free OTT TV service in America. As part of the collaboration, SpotX will match media buyers to Pluto TV’s premium inventory and power the programmatic monetization of Pluto TV’s OTT content.
News categories: SpotX, Pluto TV, Mike Shehan, Ilya Pozin, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Traditional U.S. pay TV subscriptions down 3.7% in 2017
Mar 14, 2018 – Subscription losses slowed for traditional multichannel video providers in Q4 2017, but the sector still tumbled for the full year, according to data compiled by Kagan, a group within S&P Global Market Intelligence.
News categories: Kagan, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
- ENENSYS technology deployed in live ATSC 3.0 showcase
- Eastern Europe digital pay TV subscribers to grow 27% between 2017 and 2023
- Mongol TV goes live with Brightcove OTT Flow
- Tencent Video subscriptions reach 62.59 million at end-February 2018
- Baidu and Skyworth to jointly build AI ecosystem for Smart Homes
- Turner consolidates international digital advertising activity
- One in five U.S. broadband households use a digital antenna to access live TV
- Akamai enables Dynamic Ad Insertion in live cricket on SonyLIV
- U.S. set-top box energy efficiency voluntary agreement extended
- SpotX matches media buyers to Pluto TV’s OTT TV service
- ATEME and CANAL+ extend partnership to include UHD premium services
- Traditional U.S. pay TV subscriptions down 3.7% in 2017
- TV ‘cord-cutting’ in Canada slows in 2017
- Live TV viewing has continued to decline among U.S. broadband households
- Marketing Evolution adds Smart TV data from Inscape
- HEVC Advance eliminates content distribution royalty fees
- NAGRA’s NexGuard watermarking passes ChinaDRM certification
- Citizens Fiber upgrades UX with MobiTV Connect
- VOD and SVOD services take root in France
- Vestel and Vewd add newest HbbTV standard to smart TV partnership