Denmark Digital TV News
YouSee and Media Distillery use AI to enhance the TV viewing experience
Aug 27, 2019 – YouSee and Media Distillery have announced that they have partnered on the use of AI to improve the television viewing experience and to provide a clean on-demand experience, offering an experience similar to that of online video subscription services.
News categories: Media Distillery, YouSee, Roland Sars, Henrik Harder, Big Data, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, UX
Nuuday selects Agama for service and customer experience assurance
Aug 27, 2019 – Agama has announced that Nuuday has chosen to implement Agama’s end-to-end video assurance and analytics solution for its video services delivered under the YouSee brand. Nuuday will use Agama across all platforms, including OTT, cable and IPTV.
News categories: Agama, Nuuday, Mikael Dahlgren, Peter Bukhave, Big Data, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, OTT
Dplay expands Appear TV OTT delivery with dynamic ads
Jul 9, 2019 – Appear TV has announced that Dplay is expanding their OTT solution from Appear and NEP Norway with dynamic ad insertion. Dynamic ad insertion functionality was initially launched in May for select channels in the Nordic region.
News categories: Appear TV, Dplay, NEP Norway, Naser N. Haify, Peder O. Krogh, Timothée Thirouin, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, OTT, Sweden
TDC selects Mediamorph for its Blockbuster VOD services in the Nordics
Jun 20, 2019 – TDC Group will use Mediamorph’s Content Value Management (CVM) for its BLOCKBUSTER VOD business in the Nordics. The CVM enables TDC to automate its VOD platforms and more effectively capitalize on content contracts, control VOD royalties, and streamline their supply chain.
News categories: Mediamorph, Blockbuster, Rob Gardos, Casper Hald, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, OTT, Sweden
Western European telcos are winning the European 5G race
Jun 10, 2019 – In Europe, Western countries are leading 5G development, with Denmark, Portugal and Switerland’s 5G adoption set to take a 23.2%, 16.2% and 16.2% share respectively of total mobile subscription in their markets by 2023, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Jonathan Bachrach, 5G, Denmark, Finland, Market Research, Netherlands, Portugal, Switzerland
10 million streaming subscriptions in the Nordics
May 27, 2019 – Streaming video continues to grow rapidly in the Nordics, Mediavision concludes in its recently published analysis of the Nordic TV and video market. An increasing number of consumers subscribe to SVOD and year-on-year the growth is 800,000 new subscribing households.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, OTT, Subscribers, Sweden
TDC launches next generation Home Gateway in Denmark with SoftAtHome
Apr 18, 2019 – SoftAtHome has announced that its software enables TDC’s Danish customers to benefit from gigabit services. TDC’s subscribers now enjoy a much faster Internet connection with two bonded VDSL lines, highest quality TV and uninterrupted communications.
News categories: SoftAtHome, TDC, David Viret-Lange, Michael Vig Larsen, Broadband, Denmark, Gateway, Middleware
Local online video actors particularly strong in the Nordics
Mar 20, 2019 – Local online video actors are particularly strong in the Nordics compared to the European market. Mediavision has found that Netflix and Amazon combined holds roughly a 40% share of all Nordic online video subscriptions.
News categories: Mediavision, Denmark, Digital TV, Europe, Finland, Market Research, Norway, OTT, Sweden
Mediavision: Nordic AVOD viewing growing, local players gaining share
Jan 31, 2019 – According to Mediavision, AVOD viewing across the Nordics has grown considerably over the last couple of years. Incumbent actors, both broadcasters and other traditional media companies, are contributing through their ad-funded offerings.
News categories: Mediavision, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, OTT, Sweden
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs
- iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
- WIZTIVI and SERAPHIC co-work on HbbTV OpApps
- MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
- Turkcell selects Witbe to monitor video QoE
- Bouygues Telecom adds start-over to Bbox EPG using Alpha Networks
- RecordTV uses MediaKind IRD for 2019 Pan American Games coverage