In-Car & Automotive News
SK Telecom, Harman and Sinclair to commercialize in-car ATSC 3.0
Jan 10, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) have announced that with Harman they intend to jointly develop and commercialize digital broadcasting network-based automotive electronics technology for global markets.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, SK Telecom, Harman, Chris Ripley, Park Jung-ho, Dinesh Paliwal, ATSC, CES2019, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
ACCESS CO and Irdeto partner to safeguard in-car data and services
Jan 8, 2019 – ACCESS CO. and Irdeto are partnering to safeguard in-car data and services. Vehicle connectivity can result in increased security threats. Infotainment systems could allow access to other connected components, rendering the vehicle's control systems open to attack.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Irdeto, Dr. Neale Foster, Niels Haverkorn, CES2019, Content Protection, In-Car, Worldwide
Phoenix Model Market broadcasters plan in-car TV trial with Avis Budget Group
Oct 15, 2018 – Television broadcasters working together to advance the launch of next-gen TV broadcasting are planning an early 2019 trial of the mobile video capabilities of the new broadcast TV standard, in concert with Avis Budget Group.
News categories: Pearl TV, Avis Budget, Anne Schelle, Arthur Orduña, Chetan Sharma, ATSC, Digital TV, In-Car, USA
NAGRA protects KT SkyLife's satellite/mobile TV service for vehicles
Jun 25, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it is securing SkyLife LTE TV (SLT). SLT allows passengers in cars and buses to enjoy HD satellite programming 'on-the-go' without interruption caused by traveling in heavy rain or through South Korea’s tunnels.
News categories: NAGRA, KT SkyLife, Stéphane Le Dréau, Han Lee, ConnecTechAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, Satellite
Cinemo, ST and Valens demo Connected Car Infotainment at CES2018
Jan 9, 2018 – At CES 2018, Cinemo, STMicroelectronics, and Valens are demonstrating an in-vehicle infotainment system powered by Cinemo's media distribution system and enabled by Valens' HDBaseT technology running on ST's infotainment and telematics processors.
News categories: Cinemo, STMicroelectronics, Valens, Elif Ede, Fabio Marchio, Micha Risling, CES2019, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
ACCESS browser selected by JVC KENWOOD for in-vehicle infotainment
Aug 30, 2017 – ACCESS CO. has announced that its NetFront Browser NX has been selected by JVC KENWOOD Corporation for its custom in-vehicle device being supplied to car manufacturers for use as in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) systems.
News categories: ACCESS CO, JVC KENWOOD, HTML5, In-Car, Japan, Worldwide
Parrot Faurecia supplies European car maker with in-car TV reception
Jul 11, 2017 – Parrot Faurecia Automotive has announced that its Media Center solution has been selected by a European car maker as a line-fit option. The Media Center entered mass production in early 2017 for the European, Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese and Korean markets.
News categories: Parrot Faurecia, Jean-Luc Tété, Digital TV, Europe, In-Car, Terrestrial
Wipro's in-car DTV middleware adapted for Japan
Feb 15, 2017 – Wipro (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO) has announced that its Digital-TV (DTV) Middleware Solution, which facilitates In-Car TV reception systems, has been customized for the Japanese automotive market.
News categories: Wipro, Anita Ganti, Digital TV, In-Car, ISDB-T, Japan, Middleware, Terrestrial
Connected car infotainment & telematics to account for 98% of M2M data traffic by 2021
Jul 27, 2016 – Juniper Research has found that in-vehicle infotainment services such as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto will generate large amounts of new cellular M2M data traffic. Over the next five years, this will account for up to 98% of all M2M data traffic.
News categories: Juniper Research, Sam Barker, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Multiscreen, Worldwide
- Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
- DAZN drives global growth via social video with Grabyo
- Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
- TDG research shows sensitivity of Netflix subscribers to price rises
- Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
- Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
- 16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
- OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
- Mediamorph achieves record customer acquisitions in 2018
- Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
- ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
- SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
- Mirada multiscreen solution launches at One Communications in Bermuda
- Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV
- TrueVisions extends CA partnership with Synamedia
- Liberty Latin America confirms discussions with Millicom
- NBCUniversal announces Direct-to-Consumer streaming service
- Syncbak to debut straight to OTT syndication marketplace at NATPE 2019
- Endeavor video technology with NeuLion becomes Endeavor Streaming
- TrueVisions takes Ku-band capacity on Thaicom-8