In-Car & Automotive News
Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
Jan 14, 2020 – Cerence (NASDAQ: CRNC) has announced the signing of an MOU with LG Electronics to develop a software solution that integrates LG’s webOS Auto In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) system with the Cerence AI Reference Kit (ARK).
News categories: Cerence, LG Electronics, Sanjay Dhawan, Dr. I.P. Park, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Worldwide
Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
Jan 14, 2020 – Skyworth unveiled its smart home system and full lineup of smart household appliances at CES 2020. Skyworth's Q91 8K Ultra HD TV and W81 Wallpaper OLED TV series led the lineup. The Q91 series is based on MediaTek's S900C TV SoC.
News categories: Skyworth, CES2020, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
LG and Luxoft establish webOS Auto joint venture
Jan 10, 2020 – LG Electronics and Luxoft have agreed to jointly develop the webOS Auto platform. The pair will advance the deployment of digital cockpit, in-vehicle infotainment, rear-seat entertainment (RSE) and ride-hailing systems based on the platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, Luxoft, Dr. I.P. Park, Dmitry Loschinin, CES2020, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, USA, Worldwide
Amazon expands features and solutions for Fire TV Edition partners
Jan 6, 2020 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has expanded its Fire TV Edition program, delivering opportunities for developers, operators, device makers and manufacturers across multiple categories including automotive, smart TVs, soundbars and streaming media players.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Luke Motschenbacher, Fathi El-Dwaik, Tony Wang, Ed Mas, CES2020, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
U.S. consumer technology sales to hit $422 billion in 2020
Jan 5, 2020 – Skyrocketing popularity of streaming services and wireless earbuds along with 5G connectivity and AI-enabled devices will drive revenue growth for the U.S. consumer tech industry to a record $422 billion in retail revenues in 2020, according to the CTA.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, CES2020, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Luxoft introduces digital, consumer-grade in-vehicle experience at CES
Jan 2, 2020 – Luxoft, in collaboration with LG, Amazon and Mapbox, has unveiled Luxoft HALO, the company’s shared mobility concept featuring a digital, consumer-grade in-vehicle experience. Luxoft HALO will be formally debuted at CES 2020.
News categories: Luxoft, Vildan Hasanbegovic, CES2020, Digital TV, In-Car, UX, Worldwide
LG and Qualcomm join forces on automotive infotainment
Oct 30, 2019 – LG and Qualcomm have announced plans to work together to further develop webOS Auto, LG’s connected in-vehicle infotainment system. The companies aim to create and advance a more convenient in-car experience for drivers and passengers alike.
News categories: LG Electronics, Qualcomm, Dr. I.P. Park, Jim Cathey, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, UX, Worldwide
Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
Aug 19, 2019 – ACCESS is acquiring from Viacom (VIMN) the right to make linear feeds of MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon available in German-language for integration into in-car infotainment systems being developed by German car manufacturers.
News categories: ACCESS CO., Viacom, Dr Neale Foster, Raffaele Annecchino, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, In-Car, Middleware
ZTE and China Telecom show 5G 8K+VR at MWC Shanghai 2019
Jun 28, 2019 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) and China Telecom have demonstrated 5G 8K+VR at MWC Shanghai. Images and data were captured by an 8K VR 360° camera and transmitted via a 5G network, allowing visitors, wearing VR glasses, to enjoy an immersive viewing experience.
News categories: ZTE, China Telecom, 5G, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, MWC20, VR
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020