In-Car & Automotive News
ACCESS adds NetRange App Store to its in-vehicle infotainment offer
Jul 28, 2020 – ACCESS Europe has announced that its sister company NetRange has developed a car-centric app store that is now part of its ACCESS Twine for Car (Twine4Car) in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) system.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, Dr. Neale Foster, Apps, Digital TV, In-Car, UX, Worldwide
Polestar 2 first car with Android Automotive OS infotainment
Jul 23, 2020 – Polestar 2 is the first car in the world to feature an infotainment system powered by Android Automotive OS. Polestar is also releasing a new version of its system emulator for the Android Studio development platform.
News categories: Polestar, Thomas Ingenlath, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Worldwide
ACCESS releases NetFront Browser BE v2.8
Jul 21, 2020 – ACCESS Europe has announced the release of NetFront Browser BE v2.8 that supports the company’s goal of providing the automotive, entertainment, and media markets with the most secure and advanced commercial embedded browser.
News categories: ACCESS Europe, Dr. Neale Foster, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Worldwide
Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
Jan 14, 2020 – Cerence (NASDAQ: CRNC) has announced the signing of an MOU with LG Electronics to develop a software solution that integrates LG’s webOS Auto In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) system with the Cerence AI Reference Kit (ARK).
News categories: Cerence, LG Electronics, Sanjay Dhawan, Dr. I.P. Park, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Worldwide
Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
Jan 14, 2020 – Skyworth unveiled its smart home system and full lineup of smart household appliances at CES 2020. Skyworth's Q91 8K Ultra HD TV and W81 Wallpaper OLED TV series led the lineup. The Q91 series is based on MediaTek's S900C TV SoC.
News categories: Skyworth, CES2021, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
LG and Luxoft establish webOS Auto joint venture
Jan 10, 2020 – LG Electronics and Luxoft have agreed to jointly develop the webOS Auto platform. The pair will advance the deployment of digital cockpit, in-vehicle infotainment, rear-seat entertainment (RSE) and ride-hailing systems based on the platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, Luxoft, Dr. I.P. Park, Dmitry Loschinin, CES2021, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, USA, Worldwide
Amazon expands features and solutions for Fire TV Edition partners
Jan 6, 2020 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has expanded its Fire TV Edition program, delivering opportunities for developers, operators, device makers and manufacturers across multiple categories including automotive, smart TVs, soundbars and streaming media players.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Luke Motschenbacher, Fathi El-Dwaik, Tony Wang, Ed Mas, CES2021, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
U.S. consumer technology sales to hit $422 billion in 2020
Jan 5, 2020 – Skyrocketing popularity of streaming services and wireless earbuds along with 5G connectivity and AI-enabled devices will drive revenue growth for the U.S. consumer tech industry to a record $422 billion in retail revenues in 2020, according to the CTA.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, CES2021, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Luxoft introduces digital, consumer-grade in-vehicle experience at CES
Jan 2, 2020 – Luxoft, in collaboration with LG, Amazon and Mapbox, has unveiled Luxoft HALO, the company’s shared mobility concept featuring a digital, consumer-grade in-vehicle experience. Luxoft HALO will be formally debuted at CES 2020.
News categories: Luxoft, Vildan Hasanbegovic, CES2021, Digital TV, In-Car, UX, Worldwide
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0