CES 2019 (International CES 2019): January 8-11, 2019: Las Vegas, Nevada
SK Telecom, Harman and Sinclair to commercialize in-car ATSC 3.0
Jan 10, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) have announced that with Harman they intend to jointly develop and commercialize digital broadcasting network-based automotive electronics technology for global markets.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, SK Telecom, Harman, Chris Ripley, Park Jung-ho, Dinesh Paliwal, ATSC, CES, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
TiVo signs metadata deal with Minerva Networks
Jan 9, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Minerva Networks has signed an IP license renewal and metadata deal to use TiVo as the primary metadata provider for their new cloud service delivery platform, Minerva YourTV Now.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Minerva Networks, Arvin Patel, Sarah Gaeta, Big Data, CES, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
TiVo extends content discovery agreement with Verizon
Jan 9, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has extended its agreement with Verizon to incude the latest version of TiVo’s Personalized Content Discovery Platform. Verizon has utilized TiVo’s content discovery solutions since 2013.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Verizon, Raghu Rau, Big Data, CES, Digital TV, IPTV, USA, UX
TiVo signs IPG and metadata deal with izzi Telecom in Mexico
Jan 9, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that izzi Telecom has signed a license for interactive program guides (IPG) and entertainment metadata for their izzi Telecom video service in Mexico.
News categories: TiVo Corp, izzi Telecom, Karl Misling, Guillermo Salcedo, Big Data, Cable TV, CES, Digital TV, Mexico, UX
BitRouter provides ATSC 3.0 software for Airwavz.tv USB stick
Jan 9, 2019 – BitRouter and Airwavz.tv have announced the availability of BitRouter’s ATSC3pro ATSC 3.0 receiver software for Airwavz’s ATSC 3.0 RedZone Receiver USB stick. BitRouter will be showcasing at CES 2019.
News categories: BitRouter, Airwavz, Gopal Miglani, Bonnie Beeman, ATSC, CES, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
NOVATEK and Vewd partner to create turnkey smart TV platform
Jan 8, 2019 – Vewd has partnered with NOVATEK to enable Vewd OS on chipsets powering Linux-based smart TVs. Adding Vewd OS to NOVATEK chipsets provides OEMs with a pre-integrated Smart TV OS containing the most requested advanced smart TV features.
News categories: Vewd, NOVATEK, Aneesh Rajaram, CES, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Telefónica deploys NAGRA content protection on Movistar IPTV worldwide
Jan 8, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Telefónica has deployed the NAGRA Security Services Platform (SSP) managing the NAGRA Connect client to secure its Movistar IPTV service and 4K Ultra HD content in multiple countries with newest STBs.
News categories: NAGRA, Telefónica, Maurice Van Riek, CES, Content Protection, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Latin America, Set Top Box
DEG creates Direct-to-Consumer advocacy alliance
Jan 8, 2019 – DEG has announced a new direction in media industry advocacy with the formation of the DTC Alliance as a subset of DEG membership. The alliance has established six committees to set objectives and agendas.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Group, Amy Jo Smith, Big Data, CES, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
8K Association formed to help develop 8K ecosystem
Jan 8, 2019 – A group of display technology brands have come together at CES 2019 to form the 8K Association (8KA). The group recently signed an MOU to form the non-profit organization to advance their common vision and mission.
News categories: 8K Association, Hyogun Lee, Dr. Weidong Liu, Chris Larson, WeiLung Liau, Michiko Ogawa, CES, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware