CES2017 (International CES): January 5-8, 2017: Las Vegas, Nevada
Eurofins Digital Testing announces 4K HDR Ultra HD logo scheme
Jan 9, 2017 – Giving consumers the confidence to invest in the latest and the best television technology will now be easier, thanks to a new logo scheme that delivers High Dynamic Range (HDR), Ultra-High Definition (UHD) and Wide Colour Gamut (WCG) simultaneously.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, Tim Morgan, CES2017, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
LG introduces first 4K UHD TVs for ATSC 3.0 in Korea
Jan 6, 2017 – Starting this spring, ahead of the 2018 Winter Olympics, LG will introduce the first ATSC 3.0-enabled 4K Ultra HD TVs to support the deployment of the Next Gen TV broadcast standard in South Korea.
News categories: LG, Brian Kwon, ATSC, CES2017, Digital TV, Korea, Smart TV
Rockchip launches 4K HDR TV STB SoC at CES2017
Jan 6, 2017 – Rockchip has launched its 4K HDR TV Box Solution RK3328 which boasts higher integrity and additional cost and performance advantages at CES 2017.
News categories: Rockchip, CES2017, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ThinkAnalytics previews ThinkMarketing platform at CES2017
Jan 6, 2017 – ThinkAnalytics has previewed ThinkMarketing, a suite of marketing-oriented dashboards and consoles that give pay-TV operators and OTT players a unified view of the performance of campaigns and KPIs and an integrated platform from which to manage recommendations, analytics and editorial programmes.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Peter Docherty, Advertising, CES2017, Digital TV, Worldwide
Vimeo's VHX adds Android TV, Amazon Fire TV and Xbox One app support
Jan 5, 2017 – Vimeo has unveiled white-label partner app support on three new platforms – Android TV, Amazon Fire TV and Xbox One. Vimeo’s OTT product, VHX, is a turn-key solution for launching OTT streaming video channels.
News categories: Vimeo, Blue Ant Media, VHX, Jamie Wilkinson, Jesse Dallal, Apps, CES2017, OTT, Worldwide
ViXS partners with MaxLinear, Morega Systems and GIEC on 'EasyOTA' dual streamer
Jan 5, 2017 – ViXS Systems has announced a collaboration with MaxLinear, Morega Systems and GEIC on a Dual Tuner Over-the-Air (OTA) Streaming solution called 'EasyOTA'. EasyOTA converts ATSC OTA signals and transforms them to IP format for viewing on a variety of devices.
News categories: ViXS Systems, MaxLinear, Morega Systems, GEIC, Anselmo Pilla, Will Torgerson, Ashraf Tahir, Aileen Liu, CES2017, Digital TV, Gateway, Multiscreen, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, USA, Worldwide
Sagemcom STBs integrated with Minerva 10
Jan 5, 2017 – Sagemcom and Minerva have announced the integration of their solutions to provide IPTV operators a turnkey solution for new services. Sagemcom’s set‐top box is built around a quad digital core from Broadcom.
News categories: Sagemcom, Minerva, Olivier Taravel, Jean‐George Fritsch, CES2017, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum releases updated deployment guidelines
Jan 5, 2017 – The Ultra HD Forum has released version 1.2 of its Ultra HD Phase A industry guidelines. This revision builds on best practices and lessons learned in 2016 and feedback on previous versions of the guidelines.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Madeleine Noland, CES2017, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
LG licenses MPEG-H software from Fraunhofer IIS
Jan 5, 2017 – In early 2017, LG will deliver television models with the MPEG-H TV Audio, a technology mainly developed by Fraunhofer IIS. In advance of the service launch in South Korea, Fraunhofer IIS will preview the system at CES 2017.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, LG, Harald Popp, CES2017, Digital TV, Korea, Licensing, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- GroupM revises 2017 UK advertising growth forecast down to 4.1% from 7%
- PeerLogix Partners with Neustar to propel OTT audience segmentation
- KDDI chooses Sigma Design's Z-Wave for Smart Home service
- Arianespace to launch Hellas Sat 3 and GSAT-17 on June 28
- Quality of OTT video streaming experience directly tied to viewer loyalty
- Pay TV firms to continue to dominate $126bn US video/TV market
- Blue Ridge Communications prepares for OTT video with SeaChange
- EBU urges EU policy makers to set out clear privacy rules for audience measurement
- Digisoft.tv unveil Playmigo, multiscreen made simple
- UK media and entertainment sector remains robust
- Freeview Play updates UX with launch of Freeview Explore
- Evolution Digital reaches eVUE-TV agreement with GCI
- Slovenia's Teleing adds catch up and multiscreen with UniqCast
- Time Warner to develop and produce Shows for Snapchat
- Samba TV raises $30 million in growth capital
- Zenith renews TV ratings agreement with Nielsen
- Adobe announces Adobe Advertising Cloud TV
- OTT driving Taiwan multichannel video
- Net Insight and Ericsson together offer end-to-end media contribution
- Global pay TV revenues climb by $32 billion