CES2018 (International CES): January 9-12, 2018: Las Vegas, Nevada
SK Telecom, ONE Media, and Sinclair to develop ATSC 3.0 platform
Jan 11, 2018 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) has announced that the company will jointly explore the development of an ATSC 3.0 platform with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) and its subsidiary ONE Media 3.0.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Park Jung-ho, ATSC, CES2018, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Sinclair Broadcast and Imagine Communications collaborate on ATSC3.0 monetization
Jan 10, 2018 – Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) and Imagine Communications are working to develop an advertising management software platform to enable broadcasters to exploit the monetization opportunities of ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Imagine Communications, Del Parks, Sarah Foss, Advertising, ATSC, CES2018, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Comcast expands home automation across its entire Xfinity portfolio
Jan 10, 2018 – Comcast has announced plans to significantly expand its home automation capabilities across its entire Xfinity services product portfolio, which includes X1 (TV and voice remote), xFi (WiFi), Xfinity Home (home security), and Xfinity Mobile.
News categories: Comcast, Chris Satchell, Cable TV, CES2018, Digital TV, Smart Home, USA
Stream TV And BOE team up on high-resolution Glasses-Free 3D
Jan 10, 2018 – Stream TV Networks and BOE Technology have announced a cooperation to combine the high-resolution panels of BOE with Stream TV's Glasses-Free 3D technology (@UltraD3). The project will enable development of devices across the entire CE industry.
News categories: Stream TV Networks, BOE Technology, Mathu Rajan, CES2018, Digital TV, VR, Worldwide
Samsung 2018 Smart TVs industry-certified for enhanced security
Jan 10, 2018 – Samsung has announced that its Smart TV security has been recognized by global certification institutes. Samsung’s Smart TV is the first in the industry to receive the Common Criteria (CC) certification for three consecutive years.
News categories: Samsung, Jonghee Han, CES2018, Content Protection, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Tata Sky expands security partnership with Irdeto
Jan 9, 2018 – Irdeto has announced that Tata Sky will implement Irdeto Cloaked CA and Middleware to ensure that its content remains secure. In addition, Tata Sky has selected Irdeto to enhance its end-to-end solution for OTT services.
News categories: Irdeto, Tata Sky, Doug Lowther, Harit Nagpal, CES2018, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, OTT, Satellite
Giraffic releases video acceleration SDK for FireTV, Apple TV and Android TV
Jan 9, 2018 – Giraffic has announced the availability of its client-side streaming optimization and acceleration technology as an SDK for TV streaming. By integrating AVA TV SDK, video providers can boost the performance of their apps on FireTV, Apple TV and Android TV platforms.
News categories: Giraffic, Yoel Zange, Apps, CES2018, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
Vewd announces Vewd OS for Smart TVs
Jan 9, 2018 – Vewd has announced Vewd OS, an entertainment operating system designed for smart TVs. Vewd OS elevates what consumers can expect from their smart TVs, while fundamentally changing the game for TV manufacturers.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, CES2018, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Worldwide
Cinemo, ST and Valens demo Connected Car Infotainment at CES2018
Jan 9, 2018 – At CES 2018, Cinemo, STMicroelectronics, and Valens are demonstrating an in-vehicle infotainment system powered by Cinemo's media distribution system and enabled by Valens' HDBaseT technology running on ST's infotainment and telematics processors.
News categories: Cinemo, STMicroelectronics, Valens, Elif Ede, Fabio Marchio, Micha Risling, CES2018, Connectivity, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- Correction in LCD TV panel demand expected in 1Q 2018
- fuboTV taps SpotX For monetization of OTT content
- Online video in MENA to grow more than 22% annually until 2021
- Growth in HD FTA channels at Eutelsat's 7/8°W neighbourhood
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to grow 7.5% in 2018
- Fincons selected by Sky Deutschland as preferred supplier for OTT
- Marlin DRM announces Enhanced Content Protection for UHD content
- Pay TV competition biting in the MENA region
- Dentsu Aegis forecasts improved ad spend outlook for 2018
- Inview and Montage LZ offer joint STB middleware and chipset solution
- Partner Communications monitors OTT video quality with Interra Systems
- 8K display production to begin ramp-up in 2018
- SK Telecom, ONE Media, and Sinclair to develop ATSC 3.0 platform
- Stoneroos delivers set-top box UI for DELTA’s IPTV service
- Tru Optik launches OptOut.TV to give consumers OTT privacy controls
- 60 million pay TV subscribers added globally between Q316 and Q317
- Sinclair Broadcast and Imagine Communications collaborate on ATSC3.0 monetization
- Comcast expands home automation across its entire Xfinity portfolio
- LG 4K UHD TVs in Korea include ATSC 3.0 tuners
- DISH to work with the Google Assistant