CES2018 (International CES): January 9-12, 2018: Las Vegas, Nevada
SK Telecom, ONE Media, and Sinclair to develop ATSC 3.0 platform
Jan 11, 2018 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) has announced that the company will jointly explore the development of an ATSC 3.0 platform with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) and its subsidiary ONE Media 3.0.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Park Jung-ho, ATSC, CES2018, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Sinclair Broadcast and Imagine Communications collaborate on ATSC3.0 monetization
Jan 10, 2018 – Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) and Imagine Communications are working to develop an advertising management software platform to enable broadcasters to exploit the monetization opportunities of ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Imagine Communications, Del Parks, Sarah Foss, Advertising, ATSC, CES2018, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Comcast expands home automation across its entire Xfinity portfolio
Jan 10, 2018 – Comcast has announced plans to significantly expand its home automation capabilities across its entire Xfinity services product portfolio, which includes X1 (TV and voice remote), xFi (WiFi), Xfinity Home (home security), and Xfinity Mobile.
News categories: Comcast, Chris Satchell, Cable TV, CES2018, Digital TV, Smart Home, USA
Stream TV And BOE team up on high-resolution Glasses-Free 3D
Jan 10, 2018 – Stream TV Networks and BOE Technology have announced a cooperation to combine the high-resolution panels of BOE with Stream TV's Glasses-Free 3D technology (@UltraD3). The project will enable development of devices across the entire CE industry.
News categories: Stream TV Networks, BOE Technology, Mathu Rajan, CES2018, Digital TV, VR, Worldwide
Telechips announces SoC for 4K set-top boxes
Jan 10, 2018 – Telechips has announced their first ever 14nm finFET SoC for 4K STBs. STBs powered by the TCC899X SoC series decode 4K video at 60fps with a 4K UI while handling other requirements including: Dolby Vision, the advanced security capabilities of Nagravision, Cisco and Verimatrix, and other CA systems.
News categories: Telechips, BM Lee, CES2018, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Samsung 2018 Smart TVs industry-certified for enhanced security
Jan 10, 2018 – Samsung has announced that its Smart TV security has been recognized by global certification institutes. Samsung’s Smart TV is the first in the industry to receive the Common Criteria (CC) certification for three consecutive years.
News categories: Samsung, Jonghee Han, CES2018, Content Protection, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Tata Sky expands security partnership with Irdeto
Jan 9, 2018 – Irdeto has announced that Tata Sky will implement Irdeto Cloaked CA and Middleware to ensure that its content remains secure. In addition, Tata Sky has selected Irdeto to enhance its end-to-end solution for OTT services.
News categories: Irdeto, Tata Sky, Doug Lowther, Harit Nagpal, CES2018, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, OTT, Satellite
Giraffic releases video acceleration SDK for FireTV, Apple TV and Android TV
Jan 9, 2018 – Giraffic has announced the availability of its client-side streaming optimization and acceleration technology as an SDK for TV streaming. By integrating AVA TV SDK, video providers can boost the performance of their apps on FireTV, Apple TV and Android TV platforms.
News categories: Giraffic, Yoel Zange, Apps, CES2018, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
Vewd announces Vewd OS for Smart TVs
Jan 9, 2018 – Vewd has announced Vewd OS, an entertainment operating system designed for smart TVs. Vewd OS elevates what consumers can expect from their smart TVs, while fundamentally changing the game for TV manufacturers.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, CES2018, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Worldwide
- ENENSYS technology deployed in live ATSC 3.0 showcase
- Eastern Europe digital pay TV subscribers to grow 27% between 2017 and 2023
- Mongol TV goes live with Brightcove OTT Flow
- Tencent Video subscriptions reach 62.59 million at end-February 2018
- Baidu and Skyworth to jointly build AI ecosystem for Smart Homes
- Turner consolidates international digital advertising activity
- One in five U.S. broadband households use a digital antenna to access live TV
- Akamai enables Dynamic Ad Insertion in live cricket on SonyLIV
- U.S. set-top box energy efficiency voluntary agreement extended
- SpotX matches media buyers to Pluto TV’s OTT TV service
- ATEME and CANAL+ extend partnership to include UHD premium services
- Traditional U.S. pay TV subscriptions down 3.7% in 2017
- TV ‘cord-cutting’ in Canada slows in 2017
- Live TV viewing has continued to decline among U.S. broadband households
- Marketing Evolution adds Smart TV data from Inscape
- HEVC Advance eliminates content distribution royalty fees
- NAGRA’s NexGuard watermarking passes ChinaDRM certification
- Citizens Fiber upgrades UX with MobiTV Connect
- VOD and SVOD services take root in France
- Vestel and Vewd add newest HbbTV standard to smart TV partnership