Games Console (Xbox, Playstation, PSP, Wii …) News
Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
Dec 2, 2019 – Tru Optik has partnered with Anzu.io to make first and third-party data for enhanced audience targeting available for in-game advertising on gaming consoles. Leveraging such data, advertisers are able to engage with gaming consumers that are difficult to find on linear TV.
News categories: Tru Optik, Anzu.io, Andre Swanston, Itamar Benedy, Advertising, Big Data, Games Console, USA
Disney renews PlayStation Vue distribution agreement
Sep 27, 2019 – The Walt Disney Company has agreed the continued deliver of its lineup of sports, news and entertainment content to PlayStation Vue customers. The agreement includes the newly acquired FX and National Geographic networks as well as ESPN's newly launched ACC Network.
News categories: Walt Disney, PlayStation, Sean Breen, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, USA
Roku stretches lead as #1 streaming TV platform in US
Jun 26, 2019 – Roku's platform accounted for more than 30% of U.S. sales of connected TV devices in Q1 2019, further increasing its lead in streaming TV platforms according to Strategy Analytics. The company's research finds that there are now more than 41 million Roku-based devices in use in the U.S.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, David Mercer, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Atari VCS home gaming and entertainment platform unveiled
Jun 13, 2019 – Atari has made further announcements about its Atari VCS home gaming and entertainment platform. As well as gaming, the Atari VCS is optimized for video entertainment. The system is 4K HDR capable and supports video apps such as Netflix, Hulu, and Showtime.
News categories: Atari, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Microsoft previews Xbox in the cloud and Project Scarlett console
Jun 9, 2019 – At the Xbox E3 Briefing, Xbox demonstrated its commitment to console gaming with a preview of its next generation machine due to arrive in 2020. Attendees were also among the first in the world to play Xbox One games streaming on smartphones and tablets.
News categories: Xbox, Phil Spencer, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
31% of U.S. adults watch video via a connected TV device daily
May 31, 2019 – Research from Leichtman Research Group (LRG) finds that 74% of U.S. TV households have at least one Internet-connected TV device, including connected Smart TVs, stand-alone streaming devices, connected video game systems, and/or connected Blu-ray players.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Nintendo to re-take number one spot in game console market
Nov 29, 2018 – Nintendo is set to regain its leadership position in video game consoles for the first time since 2009, according to Strategy Analytics. Nintendo is expected to sell 17.3 million Switch consoles worldwide in 2019.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Chirag Upadhyay, Games Console, Market Research, Worldwide
7% annual growth expected for connected TV devices in the U.S.
Sep 6, 2018 – In the U.S., at the end of 2017, 210 million devices were installed in consumer homes actively delivering internet connectivity to the TV screen, and by the end of 2021 there are forecast to be 275 million, according to The NPD Group.
News categories: NPD Group, John Buffone, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Global connected TV device installed base passes one billion unit mark
Aug 13, 2018 – According to Strategy Analytics, more than one billion Connected TV devices are now in use worldwide. Smart TVs have been consistently gaining share in the market and now stand at nearly 60% of the total installed base of devices.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, David Mercer, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA