Satellite Television (DBS, DTH, DSat, DVB-S, DVB-S2) News
Creonic launches additional DVB-S2X IP cores
Apr 28, 2017 – Creonic has announced the launch of multiple IP cores for wideband satellite communication, satisfying current and future requirements of nanosatellites as well as high-throughput satellites (HTS).
News categories: Creonic, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Satellite, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
AT&T linear down 233k; DTVLA up 91k video subs in 1Q 2017
Apr 25, 2017 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has announced results for the first quarter of 2017. Total U.S. linear video subscribers were down 233,000 in the quarter. DIRECTV Latin America first-quarter subscriber net adds were 91,000.
News categories: AT&T, IPTV, Latin America, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
SES, Fraunhofer HHI and Newtec show 360° VR over DVB-S2X at NABShow
Apr 25, 2017 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG), together with Fraunhofer HHI and Newtec, will demonstrate an immersive Virtual Reality (VR) experience via a live 360-degree Ultra HD VR satellite broadcast at NAB 2017 in Las Vegas.
News categories: SES S.A, Fraunhofer, Newtec, Thomas Wrede, Ralf Schäfer, Hans Massart, Content Distribution, DVB-S2, NABShow, Satellite, USA, VR
Eutelsat running antenna seeding programme across the Americas
Apr 25, 2017 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) is carrying out an antenna seeding programme to allow broadcasters across the Americas to enhance their reach and cable operators to enrich their offer via Eutelsat’s premium video neighbourhoods at 65°W and 113/117°W.
News categories: Eutelsat, Content Distribution, Latin America, NABShow, North America, Satellite
U.S. MVPDs launch first linear consumer Ultra HD services with SES
Apr 24, 2017 – SES (Paris; LuxX:SESG) has announced that two MVPDs in the US have launched the first commercial linear Ultra HD services to cable and IPTV subscriber homes using SES’s satellite-delivered, pre-packaged, Ultra HD solution.
News categories: SES S.A, Vivicast, Highlands Cable, Marquette-Adams, Steve Corda, Stuart Smitherman, Nin Bond, Jerry Schneider, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Satellite, USA
Ethiopia launches Ethiosat satellite TV platform
Apr 21, 2017 – Ethiopia's Information Network Security Agency (INSA) has launched a National Integrated Satellite Television Transmission Platform to provide an opportunity for all the country's television stations to transmit from one platform.
News categories: Information Network Security Agency, Teklebirhan Wolde-Aregay, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Satellite
Televisa selects Ericsson for HD delivery
Apr 21, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that it is implementing an end-to-end primary distribution system for Televisa. The system features Ericsson's AVP Encoder, Multiplexer and several receivers with integrated DVB-S2X de-modulator.
News categories: Ericsson, Televisa, Elisabetta Romano, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, NABShow, Satellite
Vivendi selects Streamroot for OTT video delivery
Apr 21, 2017 – Streamroot has announced that it has entered into an agreement to help Vivendi deliver large-scale OTT video content. Vivendi is implementing Streamroot DNA to improve quality of experience and cut operating costs.
News categories: Streamroot, Canal+ Group, Vivendi, Pierre-Louis Théron, Philippe Rivas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, OTT, Satellite
Mongolia to launch free DTH TV on ABS-2A
Apr 19, 2017 – ABS has announced that 12 transponders on ABS-2A will be co-branded as Mongolsat-1, dedicated to the Mongolia market. The capacity will be used to launch a free nationwide digital TV service, telecommunications and broadband services.
News categories: ABS, Tom Choi, Digital TV, Mongolia, Satellite
- Creonic launches additional DVB-S2X IP cores
- 69% of U.S. TV households have a connected TV
- Streaming far surpasses VOD as the go-to source for on demand content
- Malaysia's tonton OTT to be available through Singtel
- Comcast video subscribers up 42,000 in 1Q 2017
- Kinnevik acquires 18.5% in Com Hem
- Totalplay selects ATEME virtual encoding for its converged headend
- Sky's OTT service, NOW TV, launches in Ireland
- PLDT announces next generation TVolution streaming box
- AT&T linear down 233k; DTVLA up 91k video subs in 1Q 2017
- FreeCast to offer OTA TV via its ATSC 3.0 STB
- Viu hits 6 million active users, 50% growth in 4 months
- Samsung employees show experimental hands-free VR interface
- Channel 4 launches world's first audio personalised TV ads
- SES, Fraunhofer HHI and Newtec show 360° VR over DVB-S2X at NABShow
- Eutelsat running antenna seeding programme across the Americas
- Paywizard integrates with Cisco's Infinite Video Platform
- ZoneTV and ActiveVideo show cloud delivery of Dynamic Channels
- RTÉ to develop next generation RTÉ Player with Fincons Group
- Cincinnati Bell takes multiscreen OTT security from Verimatrix