Satellite Television (DBS, DTH, DSat, DVB-S, DVB-S2) News
Arianespace to launch Hellas Sat 3 and GSAT-17 on June 28
Jun 22, 2017 – For its seventh launch of the year, and the fourth Ariane 5 mission in 2017 from the Guiana Space Center in French Guiana, Arianespace will orbit two payloads: Hellas Sat 3-Inmarsat S EAN and GSAT-17 for the Indian space agency ISRO.
News categories: Arianespace, Hellas Sat, ISRO, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, India, Middle-East, Satellite, South Africa
Pay TV firms to continue to dominate $126bn US video/TV market
Jun 21, 2017 – The video and TV market is changing, but not as fast as many people are suggesting. In a new report, Strategy Analytics predicts that annual spending on subscription video and TV services in the US will peak at $130.3B in 2019.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, David Mercer, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, USA
Almatel Kazakhstan launches DTH with Harmonic
Jun 13, 2017 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Almatel Kazakhstan has augmented its cable television service with the launch of a DTH satellite TV platform using the latest generation HEVC video compression solution from Harmonic.
News categories: Harmonic, Almatel, Ian Graham, Eric Franke, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Kazakhstan, Satellite
Global pay TV subscribers reach 969 million
Jun 12, 2017 – Digital TV Research has estimated that 254 million pay TV subscribers were added between 2010 and 2016 to take the global total to 969 million. Cable TV created the most digital additions as it switched over from analogue.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Worldwide
Dalkom Somalia takes broadband and DTH capacity from Intelsat
Jun 9, 2017 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that it has signed an agreement with Dalkom Somalia to expand Dalkom's broadband enterprise and direct-to-home (DTH) services in East and Central Africa and the Middle East.
News categories: Intelsat, Dalkom Somalia, Brian Jakins, Mohamed Jama, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite, Somalia
Simpa Networks launches PAYG solar television in India
Jun 7, 2017 – Simpa Networks has announced the launch of Magic TV, India’s first solar-powered Pay-as-you-Go (PAYG) satellite TV solution. Simpa Magic TV includes 100+ free-to-air satellite TV channels.
News categories: Simpa Networks, Piyush Mathur, Digital TV, India, Satellite
SES enables MultTV to deliver TV to ISP subscribers in Brazil
Jun 6, 2017 – SES (Paris; LuxX: SESG) and MultTV have announced a capacity agreement which will enable MultTV’s ISP customers to deliver TV content to their subscribers via IP. MultTV will use C-band capacity on SES-6.
News categories: SES S.A, MultTV, NEOTV, Jurandir Pitsch, Osmir Petrini, Alex Jucius, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite
EUTELSAT 172B satellite soars into space
Jun 2, 2017 – EUTELSAT 172B (Paris:ETL) has been successfully launched into space. The satellite is scheduled to enter service in Q4 2017 providing increased capacity, including in-flight entertainment and connectivity services, to the Asia Pacific region.
News categories: Eutelsat, Panasonic Avionics, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
FTA satellite in 18% of TV households worldwide
May 31, 2017 – According to research conducted by Dataxis, 314 million households receive free-to-air satellite television, representing 18% of TV households worldwide. Dataxis forecasts that this ratio will reach 20% in 2021.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
- GroupM revises 2017 UK advertising growth forecast down to 4.1% from 7%
- PeerLogix Partners with Neustar to propel OTT audience segmentation
- KDDI chooses Sigma Design's Z-Wave for Smart Home service
- Arianespace to launch Hellas Sat 3 and GSAT-17 on June 28
- Quality of OTT video streaming experience directly tied to viewer loyalty
- Pay TV firms to continue to dominate $126bn US video/TV market
- Blue Ridge Communications prepares for OTT video with SeaChange
- EBU urges EU policy makers to set out clear privacy rules for audience measurement
- Digisoft.tv unveil Playmigo, multiscreen made simple
- UK media and entertainment sector remains robust
- Freeview Play updates UX with launch of Freeview Explore
- Evolution Digital reaches eVUE-TV agreement with GCI
- Slovenia's Teleing adds catch up and multiscreen with UniqCast
- Time Warner to develop and produce Shows for Snapchat
- Samba TV raises $30 million in growth capital
- Zenith renews TV ratings agreement with Nielsen
- Adobe announces Adobe Advertising Cloud TV
- OTT driving Taiwan multichannel video
- Net Insight and Ericsson together offer end-to-end media contribution
- Global pay TV revenues climb by $32 billion