Satellite Television (DBS, DTH, DSat, DVB-S, DVB-S2) News
Grupo TVCable using OpenVault to optimize performance and UX
Oct 9, 2018 – OpenVault has announced a trial with Ecuador’s largest cable operator, Grupo TVCable. Using OpenVault’s cloud-based tools, Grupo TVCable is to use better visibility of its network to optimize capacity and provide the most responsive services to as many users as possible.
News categories: OpenVault, Grupo TVCable, Tony Costa, Jorge Schwartz, George Kassas, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ecuador, Satellite, UX
Foxtel chooses Harmonic to power first 4K UHD service in Australia
Oct 9, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Foxtel has launched the first 4K UHD offering in Australia using a Harmonic software-based UHD solution. Harmonic's solution maximizes workflow efficiencies and ensures exceptional video quality at low bitrates.
News categories: Harmonic, Foxtel, Tony Berthaud, Darren Windus, Australia, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite
AsiaSat agrees 4K soccer distribution deal with MEDIAPRO for AsiaSat 9
Oct 2, 2018 – AsiaSat has announced an agreement with MEDIAPRO, a producer and distributor of audiovisual content, to deliver live 4K top tier soccer matches on AsiaSat 9, AsiaSat’s most powerful satellite serving the Asia-Pacific.
News categories: AsiaSat, MEDIAPRO, Ina Lui, Asia, Digital TV, Satellite
Sky partners with Common Sense Media for content rating
Oct 1, 2018 – Sky is partnering with Common Sense Media to introduce a detailed rating system that will help parents make smarter choices about what their children watch on Sky. The new service will launch in the UK in 2019.
News categories: Sky, Common Sense Media, Jeremy Darroch, James P Steyner, Big Data, Digital TV, Satellite, UK, UX
ACCESS browser selected for Panasonic Blu-ray recorder with 4K satellite
Sep 20, 2018 – ACCESS CO. has announced that its NetFront Browser BE v2 DTV Profile has been selected by Panasonic for its DIGA Blu-ray disc recorder with built-in 4K tuner (DMR-SUZ2060), to be released on the Japanese market.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Panasonic, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Japan, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Sky and Netflix join forces as Ultimate On Demand comes to Sky Q
Sep 19, 2018 – Sky has announced Ultimate On Demand - the UK’s biggest on demand TV service, bringing together Sky Box Sets and the full Netflix service. Recommendations for Sky and Netflix shows will share the spotlight on Sky Q’s homepage.
News categories: Sky, Netflix, Stephen van Rooyen, Chris Whiteley, Digital TV, Ireland, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, UK, UX
MaxLinear satellite receiver powers Cyfrowy Polsat's Evobox HD
Sep 18, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced that Cyfrowy Polsat has selected its MxL541C for its Evobox HD STB, the latest product in its Evobox product line. The MxL541C is a four-channel satellite receiver and Evobox HD STB makes use of the device’s very low power consumption and its Unicable support.
News categories: MaxLinear, Cyfrowy Polsat, Will Torgerson, Dariusz Działkowski, Digital TV, Poland, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Skyworth Digital selected to supply latest Tata Sky DVB-S2 STB
Sep 16, 2018 – Skyworth Digital has been selected by Tata Sky to supply its latest DVB-S2 set-top box. Skyworth Digital continues to develop its network of partners throughout the pay-TV ecosystem, to reducee operator time-to-market.
News categories: Skyworth Digital, Tata Sky, Stephen Hau, Yigs Riza, Digital TV, DVB-S2, IBCShow, India, Set Top Box
Irdeto to secure content on Airtel’s Digital TV platform
Sep 15, 2018 – Irdeto has partnered with Bharti Airtel to secure all content offered on Airtel’s Digital TV services. As part of the partnership, Irdeto will deploy its security solutions to secure the linear channels offered on the STB and the content offered on Airtel’s hybrid Android TV platform.
News categories: Irdeto, Airtel, Doug Lowther, Sunil Taldar, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Ultravision deploys Conax Go Live multiscreen solution in Mexico
- Study shows strong interest in ATSC 3.0 Next-Gen Television concept
- comScore audience segments available through Oracle Data Cloud
- 80% of U.S. cable subscribers also stream digital video
- ATEME provides virtualized video headend to CJ Hello
- Google, Sky, RAI, ERT, Kineton, Skyworth join HbbTV Association
- Ooyala bought from Telstra by its management
- Allegro DVT introduces HDR and HFR system compliance streams
- Phoenix Model Market broadcasters plan in-car TV trial with Avis Budget Group
- FuboTV provides business update
- FreeWheel launches advanced advertising suite for the new TV landscape
- 8K TV shipments at more than 400,000 units in 2019
- Socionext develops HDMI 2.1 compatible video processing ICs
- iVideoSmart launches 100 new Vewd-certified apps in 100 days
- Five more TV broadcasters to test ATSC 3.0 in Phoenix Model Market
- 5G will drive new revenues in Media and Entertainment by 2028
- 47% of U.S. broadband households watch UGC more than once a month
- Pluto TV selects Tru Optik for audience-based ad measurement
- iflix app certified for Vewd-enabled Smart TVs and STBs
- Hathway selects Verimatrix to secure DVB hybrid network on Android TV