Satellite Television (DBS, DTH, DSat, DVB-S, DVB-S2) News
NAGRA secures CANAL+ 4K UHD services in France
Jan 18, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its content protection is securing CANAL+ Group's new 4K Ultra HD service. NAGRA CONNECT ensures content protection via satellite, OTT or within the home in addition to access control for users authorized by CANAL+.
News categories: NAGRA, CANAL+ Group, Thierry Legrand, Philippe Rivas, Content Protection, Digital TV, France, Satellite, Set Top Box
CANAL+ launches Ultra HD service on ASTRA at 19.2°E
Jan 18, 2018 – SES has announced that CANAL+ has launched a new satellite Ultra HD (UHD) offer with a new set-top box. Canal+ Group delivers the UHD channels via ASTRA 19.2°E. The service is available to 100% of TV households in France.
News categories: SES S.A, CANAL+, Ferdinand Kayser, Frank Cadoret, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Satellite
Airtel Digital TV adds 416,000 subscribers in 4Q 2017
Jan 18, 2018 – Bharti Airtel has announced results for the third quarter ended December 31, 2017. At the end of the year, DTH had 13.9 million customers, up 10.7% year-on-year. Net customer additions for Digital TV during the quarter were 416,000.
News categories: Bharti Airtel, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
Growth in HD FTA channels at Eutelsat's 7/8°W neighbourhood
Jan 15, 2018 – At CABSAT, Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has released data about the TV channels it broadcasts from its 7/8° West video neighbourhood. There are now 187 HD channels at this position, 110 of which are free-to-air.
News categories: Eutelsat, CABSAT, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
60 million pay TV subscribers added globally between Q316 and Q317
Jan 11, 2018 – According to Q317 data published by Dataxis, 60 million pay TV subscribers have been added globally since Q316. Asia‐Pacific had the highest number of Pay TV subscribers accounting for 62% of the total in Q317.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Worldwide
DISH to work with the Google Assistant
Jan 10, 2018 – DISH has announced that its customers will soon have the ability to watch Hands-Free TV using the Google Assistant. This marks the first time that DISH customers with a Hopper, Joey or Wally can use voice to control their TV in multiple languages, including English and Spanish.
News categories: DISH Network, Niraj Desai, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Tata Sky expands security partnership with Irdeto
Jan 9, 2018 – Irdeto has announced that Tata Sky will implement Irdeto Cloaked CA and Middleware to ensure that its content remains secure. In addition, Tata Sky has selected Irdeto to enhance its end-to-end solution for OTT services.
News categories: Irdeto, Tata Sky, Doug Lowther, Harit Nagpal, CES2018, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, OTT, Satellite
UK's Freesat selects Intertrust ExpressPlay CA
Jan 8, 2018 – Freesat has selected Intertrust's ExpressPlay CA content security technology to manage and protect their ultra-high definition content in 2018. ExpressPlay CA is Intertrust’s cloud-based conditional access security technology.
News categories: Intertrust, Freesat, Talal Shamoon, Alistair Thom, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Sling TV partners with comScore for cross-platform addressable advertising measurement
Jan 4, 2018 – comScore has announced that it is partnering with Sling TV to offer cross-platform addressable advertising measurement for campaigns that join the live OTT service’s impressions with those from DISH set-top boxes.
News categories: comScore, Sling TV, Cathy Hetzel, Adam Lowy, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Multiscreen, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
- Irdeto acquires gaming security company, Denuvo
- DISH releases DVR tailored to one- and two-TV households
- Evolution Digital rolls out upgraded eVUE-TV experience
- Comviva adds Sacom's MENA content to its Mooditt Digital Store
- Verimatrix integrates OTT multi-DRM with Amazon Web Services
- Inside Secure protects video application developed by PodOp and HBO
- Turner announces international SVOD service with roll-out of FilmStruck
- Amphion releases video decoder core for HEVC and VP9
- NAGRA secures CANAL+ 4K UHD services in France
- Bell Canada selects Ericsson's MediaFirst TV platform
- Cross MediaWorks and 605 standardize campaign measurement and advanced analytics
- CANAL+ launches Ultra HD service on ASTRA at 19.2°E
- Yospace, NexPlayer integration helps monetise live streams on HTML5 platforms
- Airtel Digital TV adds 416,000 subscribers in 4Q 2017
- Roku introduces Ad Insights Suite
- Comcast Technology and DLVR partner to deliver QoE across any screen
- Deloitte India TMT Predictions 2018 report
- Creative asset workflow lags years behind innovations in media buying
- ATSC 3.0 SFN to be deployed in Dallas DMA
- Nielsen adds YouTube mobile app measurement in UK, France and Germany