Satellite Television (DBS, DTH, DSat, DVB-S, DVB-S2) News
ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
Jan 20, 2020 – ENENSYS Technologies has announced that the latest release of ENENSYS’ OneBeam solution brings it into compliance with the DVB-SIS standard. With this modification, ENENSYS has become the first provider capable in delivering a complete DVB-SIS system.
News categories: ENENSYS, Eric Pinson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
Jan 17, 2020 – ISRO has announced that its GSAT-30 satellite has been successfully launched. The satellite will provide communications services, including DTH TV, to India via Ku-band, with coverage extended to Gulf countries, further Asian countries and Australia via C-band.
News categories: ISRO, Dr K Sivan, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
BT to protect broadcasters using BISS-CA encryption from ATEME
Jan 9, 2020 – BT is stepping up its efforts to combat the illegal piracy of premium content through a partnership with ATEME. The company is using the ATEME’s encryption techniques to protect satellite uplinked content to help reduce the number of illegal streams.
News categories: ATEME, BT, Julien Mandel, Dominik Wrona, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Worldwide
Dish TV India updates UI on Dish SMRT and d2h Magic devices
Dec 20, 2019 – Dish TV India has announced the roll-out of 'Orbit', an updated user interface for its recently launched SMRT and Magic range of connected products. Dish TV collaborated with Tata Elxsi on the creation of the UX enhancements.
News categories: Dish TV India, Tata Elxsi, Anil Dua, Narendra Ghate, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Amazon Prime app added to DISH Hopper 3
Dec 16, 2019 – DISH has released the Amazon Prime Video app on Hopper 3, expanding the streaming options on the DVR. Amazon Prime complements the existing DISH experience by allowing customers to stream Amazon content from the same platform as their DISH TV programming.
News categories: DISH Network, Prime Video, Brian Neylon, Apps, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Telefónica moves RTVE video and radio content to HOTBIRD at 13°E
Dec 11, 2019 – Telefónica has selected the Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) orbital position of 13°E to broadcast RTVE FTA content consisting of two HD channels: TVE Internacional Europa and 24 Horas, as well as six RNE radio stations. 13°E covers Europe, the Middle East and North Africa.
News categories: Eutelsat, Telefónica, RTVE, Philippe Oliva, Francisco Panduro, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite, Spain
MEASAT selects Arianespace for launch of MEASAT-3d
Nov 21, 2019 – Arianespace and MEASAT have announced the signature of a launch services contract for MEASAT-3d. MEASAT-3d will support 4G and 5G mobile networks in Malaysia while continuing to provide distribution capacity for video in the Asia-Pacific region.
News categories: Arianespace, MEASAT, Stéphane Israël, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite
ADB builds satellite STB platform with MediaTek
Nov 21, 2019 – ADB has selected MediaTek as the chipset provider for its latest 4K satellite STB platform. ADB is currently deploying its products for major Pay-TV operators in Europe and Australia. The platform runs on ADB's own software.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, MediaTek, Krzysztof Biliński, Winson Hsu, Australia, Digital TV, Europe, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
Nov 14, 2019 – Dish TV India (BSE: 532839, NSE: DISHTV, LSE: DTVL) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2019. The Company added 42 thousand subscribers at a net level during the period. The total net subscriber base finished at 23.94 million.
News categories: Dish TV India, Anil Dua, Digital TV, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV