Smart Home (connected home, home networking) News
MaxLinear and Pixelworks selected by Nuvyyo for Tablo OTA DVR
May 24, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Nuvyyo has selected its MxL69x ATSC receiver for its Tablo DVR product that streams live HDTV and recorded OTA content to any internet-connected TV, streaming media player, gaming system, computer or mobile device.
News categories: MaxLinear, Pixelworks, Nuvyyo, Will Torgerson, Anthony Gioeli, Grant Hall, ATSC, Digital TV, Gateway, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, USA, Wireless
AirTV officially launches hybrid DTT/OTT gateway in the U.S.
May 23, 2018 – AirTV has officially launched. The AirTV solution, when connected to an OTA antenna and a home Wi-Fi network, wirelessly streams free local channels to internet-connected TVs and mobile devices, in and out of the home.
News categories: AirTV, Mitch Weinraub, ATSC, Digital TV, Gateway, OTT, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, USA, Wireless
More than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV
May 21, 2018 – Parks Associates’ new report 'Smart TVs vs. Streaming Media Players: Winning Over Consumers' reports that more than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV and more than 40% own a streaming media player.
News categories: Parks Associates, Jennifer Kent, Blu-ray, Games Console, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
12% of Canadian broadband households have a smart home device
May 7, 2018 – Parks Associates has released research showing that 12% of broadband households in Canada have a smart home device such as a smart thermostat, smart door look, or video doorbell, compared to 26% in the U.S.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brad Russell, Canada, Market Research, Smart Home
Tile lost item tracking added to Xfinity X1 Voice Remote
Apr 26, 2018 – Comcast has announced a new partnership with Tile that will enable Xfinity customers to use their Xfinity X1 Voice Remote to locate Tile devices anywhere and see the results of their search on the television.
News categories: Comcast, Tile, Sri Solur, Mike Farley, Cable TV, Digital TV, Smart Home, USA
Amazon to sell Fire TV Edition Smart TVs through Best Buy
Apr 18, 2018 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) and Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) have announced a collaboration to bring the next generation of Fire TV Edition smart TVs to customers in the United States and Canada.
News categories: Amazon, Best Buy, Jeff Bezos, Hubert Joly, Digital TV, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Broadband Forum brings IoT home with new USP standard
Apr 17, 2018 – The Broadband Forum has published its User Services Platform (USP) – a new standard for implementing, deploying and managing all types of devices in the broadband home.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Barbara Stark, Robin Mersh, John Blackford, Jason Walls, Digital TV, Gateway, Smart Home, Worldwide
Artificial Solutions partners with Zenterio for Conversational AI via TV
Apr 10, 2018 – Artificial Solutions has announced a partnership with Zenterio. The alliance will enable Zenterio to offer its customers a conversational AI element in its interactive TV platform.
News categories: Artificial Solutions, Zenterio, Andy Peart, Marco Frattolin, Big Data, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home, UX, Worldwide
NEOTION partners with Texplained to create stronger secure-by-design ICs
Apr 3, 2018 – NEOTION has selected Texplained for a better level of security-by-design in its next in-house chipset generation. NEOTION will rely on Texplained for improved evaluation and protection against counterfeiting and piracy.
News categories: NEOTION, Texplained, Sébastien DUSSUTOUR, Clarisse GINET, CAM, Digital TV, France, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Telefónica to integrate Netflix into its TV and video platforms
- 60 million pay TV subscribers for Europe's ex-USSR countries in 2023
- MaxLinear and Pixelworks selected by Nuvyyo for Tablo OTA DVR
- Ooyala releases State of the Media Industry 2018 report
- HiNet selects Anevia software to add further CDN capacity
- IAB Tech Lab proposes Data Transparency Framework for digital advertising
- AirTV officially launches hybrid DTT/OTT gateway in the U.S.
- Comcast considering superior all-cash offer to acquire 21st Century Fox
- QSC and Zattoo create white label triple play solution for municipal utilities
- SES showcases its first broadcast of 8K television
- Video streaming outperforms subscription TV in customer satisfaction in the U.S.
- Tremor Video DSP and Cuebiq partner for geo-behavioral targeting on connected TV
- XUMO viewing data added to Nielsen's Digital Content Ratings
- Accenture provides video platform for Turner’s OTT products
- Tunity launches analytics division to measure OOH TV audience
- ATEME enables Swisscom’s MediaCloud video headend
- Oregan launches middleware for legacy Linux STBs and Android TV
- Brightcove launches OTT Flow X, powered by Accedo
- More than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV
- Sky announces new Innovation Centre in latest phase of campus development