Smart Home (connected home, home networking) News
KDDI chooses Sigma Design's Z-Wave for Smart Home service
Jun 22, 2017 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that Japan’s largest telco corporation, KDDI, uses Z-Wave as the wireless mesh technology powering their smart home solution, au HOME , designed specifically for network operators.
News categories: Sigma Designs, KDDI, Raoul Wijgergangs, Japan, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Wireless
Digisoft.tv unveil Playmigo, multiscreen made simple
Jun 21, 2017 – Digisoft.tv has announced the release of its casting solution, Playmigo. The SaaS and technology platform enables OTT video providers to cast their content to almost any connected TV device without the need to develop and deploy TV apps.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, John Casey, Digital TV, Middleware, Multiscreen, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Tata Elxsi announces Connected Home Center of Excellence
Jun 19, 2017 – Tata Elxsi's Connected Home Center of Excellence leverages expertise in video, IoT and smart home services, experience of open source middleware such as RDK and Android TV, and solution accelerators to support rapid development and deployment of next-generation Connected Home services.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Airtel, K P Sreekumar, Sunil Taldar, Digital TV, India, Smart Home, Software
IoT spending to approach $1.4 trillion in 2021
Jun 14, 2017 – IDC expects worldwide spending on the Internet of Things (IoT) to grow 16.7% year over year in 2017, reaching just over $800 billion. By 2021, global IoT spending is expected to total nearly $1.4 trillion.
News categories: IDC, Carrie MacGillivray, Ashutosh Bisht, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Synaptics acquires Conexant and Marvell's Multimedia Solutions business
Jun 12, 2017 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that it has signed agreements to acquire Conexant Systems and the Multimedia Solutions Business of Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL), to jumpstart its presence in the smart home market.
News categories: Synaptics, Conexant, Marvell, Rick Bergman, Jan Johannessen, Gaurav Shah, Digital TV, MnA, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
UK smart home M2M market to grow at 24% CAGR through 2021
Jun 1, 2017 – Technavio has forecast that the smart home M2M market in the UK will grow at a CAGR of close to 24% over the next five years driven by increased installation of smart meters, a rise in the use of thermostats and adoption of cloud-based technologies.
News categories: Technavio, Abhishek Sharma, Market Research, Smart Home, UK
Samsung integrates Celeno Wi-Fi in DOCSIS gateway and 4K STB
May 30, 2017 – Celeno has announced that its silicon and software technology will power home gateways and set-top boxes being developed by Samsung. Celeno's Wi-Fi chipsets will power Samsung's DOCSIS 3.1 gateway and 4K client product lines.
News categories: Celeno, Samsung, Gilad Rozen, ANGA, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA, Wireless
DISH adds hands-free DVR control via Amazon Alexa
May 22, 2017 – DISH customers with a Hopper or Wally and an Amazon Echo, Echo Dot or Amazon Tap can now watch hands-free TV with Alexa. DISH is the first TV provider to offer direct compatibility with Amazon Alexa.
News categories: DISH, Amazon, Niraj Desai, Rob Pulciani, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA, UX
Deutsche Telekom rolls out router update to support its SmartHome offering
May 16, 2017 – Deutsche Telekom wants to smooth the way for its customers into the smart, connected homes – and is integrating the features for using its Magenta SmartHome offering in the Speedport Smart router.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Henri Vandré, Germany, Router, Smart Home
- GroupM revises 2017 UK advertising growth forecast down to 4.1% from 7%
- PeerLogix Partners with Neustar to propel OTT audience segmentation
- KDDI chooses Sigma Design's Z-Wave for Smart Home service
- Arianespace to launch Hellas Sat 3 and GSAT-17 on June 28
- Quality of OTT video streaming experience directly tied to viewer loyalty
- Pay TV firms to continue to dominate $126bn US video/TV market
- Blue Ridge Communications prepares for OTT video with SeaChange
- EBU urges EU policy makers to set out clear privacy rules for audience measurement
- Digisoft.tv unveil Playmigo, multiscreen made simple
- UK media and entertainment sector remains robust
- Freeview Play updates UX with launch of Freeview Explore
- Evolution Digital reaches eVUE-TV agreement with GCI
- Slovenia's Teleing adds catch up and multiscreen with UniqCast
- Time Warner to develop and produce Shows for Snapchat
- Samba TV raises $30 million in growth capital
- Zenith renews TV ratings agreement with Nielsen
- Adobe announces Adobe Advertising Cloud TV
- OTT driving Taiwan multichannel video
- Net Insight and Ericsson together offer end-to-end media contribution
- Global pay TV revenues climb by $32 billion