Advertising (Targeted Advertising, Programmatic Advertising, AdTech)
NBCUniversal to license its Audience Graph to OpenAP
Apr 19, 2018 – NBCUniversal, Fox, Turner and Viacom have partnered to focus on new platforms for automated buying, advanced formats and cross-platform measurement and currency. The combination will join NBCUniversal’s data capabilities with OpenAP’s standardized data sets.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Fox, Turner, Viacom, Krishan Bhatia, Joe Marchese, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Comcast Technology Solutions launches ad hosting solution
Apr 10, 2018 – Comcast Technology Solutions has announced AdStor, a cloud-based advertising platform. Built on a centralized cloud management architecture, AdStor streamlines the relationship between ad buyers and sellers by hosting advertising content in an aggregated library.
News categories: Comcast Technology Solutions, Josh Arensberg, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
Connekt and Verance partner to provide ATSC 3.0 advertising
Apr 10, 2018 – Connekt and Verance have partnered to develop the standard for interactive advertising formats to be delivered over the ATSC 3.0 standard. The effort will provide an end-to-end solution for networks, content owners and programmers.
News categories: Connekt, Verance, Mike Fitzsimmons, Eric Anderson, Advertising, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, Watermarking
Premion launches Data Management Platform for Advertisers
Apr 9, 2018 – TEGNA (NYSE: TGNA) and Premion have launched a data management platform (DMP) which includes 2,000 OTT audience segments. Premion is TEGNA’s OTT ad platform targeting local, regional and national advertisers and agencies.
News categories: Premion, Jim Wilson, Adam Helfgott, Tim Jenkins, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Nielsen powers audience based buying marketplace with API platform
Apr 9, 2018 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has launched its Enterprise Audience API. Through the API, clients have the ability to transact on advertiser-defined audiences including but not limited to those based on credit card spending habits, in-store FMCG purchases and extended psychographic profiles.
News categories: Nielsen, Kelly Abcarian, Dave Morgan, Joshua Summers, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Hive and 605 partner on joint offering
Apr 9, 2018 – Hive has partnered on a joint offering with 605. This joint offering is designed to provide deeper insights into both paid and earned media on television. The joint offering will be showcased at Hive’s exhibit at this year’s NAB Show.
News categories: 605, Hive, Ben Tatta, Kevin Guo, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Gaian Solutions, Sinclair and ONE Media 3.0 to develop ATSC 3.0 services platform
Apr 6, 2018 – Gaian Solutions, Sinclair (Nasdaq: SBGI) and its subsidiary ONE Media 3.0 are to work together to create a Next Generation Broadcast Platform (NGBP) to support Sinclair's ATSC 3.0 vision and plan to deploy a proof of concept before the end of the year.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Gaian Solutions, Mark Aitken, Chandra Kotaru, Advertising, Apps, ATSC, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
NBCUniversal advertising metric measures viewing across both linear and digital
Apr 5, 2018 – NBCUniversal has announced a unified advertising metric, measuring all live, on-demand and time-shifted commercial impressions on every viewing platform. Called CFlight, the metric delivers a comprehensive representation of advertising exposure within full episodes of shows across all screens.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Linda Yaccarino, Lyle Schwartz, David Cohen, John Swift, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Nielsen launches next-gen analytics platform covering top 56 U.S. TV markets
Apr 5, 2018 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced the availability of Nielsen Grabix, its next-generation analytics platform that combines the power of minute-by-minute Nielsen ratings and Gracenote Real-Time Smart TV viewership data for deeper insights into audience flow, retention and engagement.
News categories: Nielsen, Kelly Abcarian, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
- TELUS launches 4K HDR TV -- a first in Canada
- NBCUniversal to license its Audience Graph to OpenAP
- Arianespace wins contract for BSAT-4b
- AT&T withdraws Latin America IPO
- Mobile screens essential for Live TV services, finds Strategy Analytics
- Amazon to sell Fire TV Edition Smart TVs through Best Buy
- Broadpeak optimizes video delivery for HBO Latin America
- Broadband Forum brings IoT home with new USP standard
- ADB provides gateway to Netia in Poland
- ESPN+ streaming now available on Roku devices
- Global pay TV revenues to fall by 11%
- Latin America had 18.2 million SVOD subscribers at end-2017
- Amazon Prime Video accessible on Partner TV STBs in Israel
- Com Hem deploys hybrid Android TV STB based on 3READY Operator Tier
- Comcast to offer Netflix as part of Xfinity packages
- 37 million pay TV subscribers for Sub-Saharan Africa in 2023
- Consumer entertainment spending to reach $439 billion by 2021
- Com Hem and Boxer launch Android TV-based Tv Hub
- Verimatrix and TMG bolster anti-piracy through real-time precision targeting
- NewonTV selects Cybermedia Television to power its Dutch OTT TV service