Advertising (Targeted Advertising, Programmatic Advertising, AdTech)
JW Player launches Video Player Bidding with SpotX
Feb 12, 2018 – JW Player has announced the launch of Video Player Bidding, a header bidding solution for video, with SpotX as its partner. The solution allows JW Player’s publisher customer base to access SpotX’s demand marketplace as well as its ad serving capabilities.
News categories: SpotX, JW Player, Sean Buckley, Brian Rifkin, Brian Levine, Advertising, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
IAB whitepaper explores use of blockchain for video advertising
Feb 8, 2018 – The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) has a whitepaper that uncovers strong use cases for blockchain technology in digital video advertising, with a focus on over-the-top (OTT) advertising.
News categories: Interactive Advertising Bureau, Anna Bager, Charles Manning, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Yospace and Seven agree dynamic ad insertion deal for live OTT channels
Feb 8, 2018 – Yospace and Seven have made a long-term agreement for enabling Dynamic Ad Insertion into live OTT channels. Yospace’s platform allows Seven to open up online ad breaks in live OTT streams in a way that is as seamless to the viewer.
News categories: Yospace, Seven, David Springall, Clive Dickens, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, OTT
Sky, Adobe, TVbeat and Alphonso form TV data consortium
Feb 7, 2018 – Sky, Adobe Systems, TVbeat and Alphonso have formed a thought leadership consortium that will work with the European TV industry to explore opportunities enabled by developments in measurement, metrics and data.
News categories: Sky Media, Adobe, TVBeat, Alphonso, Jamie West, Philip Duffield, Abbas Tahzib, TS Kelly, Jon Chase, Katty Roberfroid, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
Nielsen And Tribune Broadcasting sign TV measurement agreement
Feb 7, 2018 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and Tribune Broadcasting (NYSE: TRCO) have announced that they have reached a renewal agreement for Nielsen TV ratings across Tribune's local television stations and markets, as well as national service for its digital subchannel network, Antenna TV.
News categories: Nielsen, Tribune Media, Megan Clarken, Larry Wert, Advertising, Big Data, USA
Improvements in Advanced TV to propel U.S. local video advertising
Feb 6, 2018 – Progress in Advanced TV and the U.S. industry’s commitment to new methods that will improve interactivity and the viewer experience will help with the ascent of local video advertising in 2018, according to BIA/Kelsey.
News categories: BIA/Kelsey, Rick Ducey, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
comScore launches OTT and gaming audience segments
Feb 6, 2018 – comScore has announced that it has expanded its Activation solution to incorporate console gaming and OTT audience segments. The segments help marketers and media companies target these consumers with tailored messages based on their streaming and gaming intensity.
News categories: comScore, Dan Hess, Michael Schoen, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, USA
SpotX releases report on the state of video advertising on OTT
Feb 6, 2018 – SpotX has announced findings from study that found that 85% of leading pay TV providers, pure-play OTT providers, content owners, and advertisers believe leveraging third-party data is a strong driver for the adoption of audience-based buying and selling of ads on OTT.
News categories: SpotX, Kagan, Mike Shehan, Michelle Abraham, Ashwin Navin, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Connekt adds voice activation via Google Home to its TV ad engagement platform
Feb 1, 2018 – Connekt is preparing for a remote-less future by adding voice capabilities to its linear TV ad engagement solution. Now, viewers with Google Home devices can interact with brands that are featured on TV and purchase goods using only their voices.
News categories: Connekt, Tripp Boyle, Jason Smith, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart Home, Worldwide
- OSN signs Middle East’s first partnership deal with Netflix
- Inscape partners with Dativa to speed adoption of Smart TV data
- M7 launches DTH platform in Germany
- NEOTION and Tellmeplus embed native AI in secure IoT devices
- YouView reaches three million milestone
- NTT DATA roll out immersive content with Jaunt's XR Platform
- ARRIS set-tops to power Bell Canada's MediaFirst deployment
- Service Electric Cablevision selects TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
- MX1 provides content aggregation for 1&1's cloud TV
- Liberty Latin America to buy 80% of Costa Rica's Cabletica
- DSCC and Insight Media launch 8K TV report
- JW Player launches Video Player Bidding with SpotX
- Videocon d2h adds 160,000 net subscribers in 4Q 2017
- Mediacom deploys Evolution Digital hybrid STBs
- RCN rolls-out 4K-enabled STBs in the Lehigh Valley
- Buckeye signs Elevate SaaS agreement with Espial
- Digicel PlayGo partners with Matrixstream for OTT Winter Olympics streaming
- IAB whitepaper explores use of blockchain for video advertising
- Yospace and Seven agree dynamic ad insertion deal for live OTT channels
- Espial signs large North American cable operator