Advertising (Targeted Advertising, Programmatic Advertising, AdTech)
Global spend on TV and Video will reach $559 billion in 2022
Aug 14, 2018 – Strategy Analytics has forecast that global consumer and advertising spend on TV and video will grow from $490 billion in 2017 to $559 billion in 2022, an increase of $69 billion. Spend on OTT video will account for 90% of the growth.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Michael Goodman, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Telaria integrates Nielsen digital ad ratings
Aug 14, 2018 – Telaria (NYSE: TLRA) has announced that it has integrated Nielsen’s Digital Ad Ratings (DAR) to activate comprehensive, next-day views of digital audience performance in the platform, offering TV-comparable industry standards for digital video inventory.
News categories: Telaria, Nielsen, Mark Zagorski, Sean Holzman, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Sweden, Worldwide
Brightline adds Cuebiq's footfall attribution to OTT ad platform
Aug 9, 2018 – Cuebiq and Brightline have announced a partnership to provide media owners and advertisers with footfall attribution. With Cuebiq, BrightLine increases the depth of information available to advertisers, enabling them to attribute in-person visitation back to their enhanced OTT ads.
News categories: Brightline, Cuebiq, Jacqueline Corbelli, Antonio Tomarchio, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
comScore adds Smart TV data via partnership with Inscape
Aug 9, 2018 – comScore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced a partnership with Inscape. The addition of Inscape’s opt-in ACR smart TV viewing data adds new insights to comScore’s measurement footprint for its custom marketing solutions.
News categories: comScore, Inscape, Cathy Hetzel, Jodie McAfee, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Sinclair launches data driven OTT ad platform
Aug 7, 2018 – Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) has announced that it is launching a platform exclusively focused on OTT advertising. CompulseOTT will offer advertisers commercials in :15 and :30 second lengths on leading U.S. OTT distribution platforms.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, CompulseOTT, Brian Hunt, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Nine launches Real Addressability to the Australian market
Aug 6, 2018 – Nine has become the first Australian broadcaster to launch real addressable advertising to the Australian market through 9Now, its broadcast video on demand (BVOD) product. The new offering gives marketers cross-device targeting on video.
News categories: Nine, Michael Stephenson, Pippa Leary, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, OTT
Vimmi provides OTT and CDN solutions for Pro TV's AVOD platform in Romania
Aug 5, 2018 – Vimmi Communications and Romania's Pro TV, have joined forces to launch a project which includes the implementation and integration of Vimmi’s OTT and CDN solutions with ProTV’s AVOD platfrom, ProTV Plus.
News categories: Vimmi, Pro TV, Eitan Koter, Dr. Hendrik von der Linden, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Romania, UX
Extreme Reach report shows growing opportunity for advertising on CTV/OTT
Aug 1, 2018 – Extreme Reach has released its Q2 2018 Video Advertising Benchmarks Report. The most recent analysis of data on click-through, completion and viewability rates as well as bot traffic and time spent by device used showcases the growing opportunity of advertising on CTV/OTT platforms.
News categories: Extreme Reach, Mary Vestewig, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
TV Time launches TV measurement solution for OTT platforms
Jul 31, 2018 – TV Time has announced the launch of its TVLytics platform, a television measurement solution that leverages billions of first-party data points from the TV Time consumer app to provide insights on viewing patterns and trends for today's cross-platform television landscape.
News categories: TV Time, Richard Rosenblatt, Alice K. Sylvester, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
- U.S. cord cutting slows while satellite suffers record customer losses in Q2 2018
- Gracenote mobile video analytics gives view on streaming app performance
- iflix and Wattpad to produce movies based on Wattpad stories from Indonesia
- U.S. voice-activated speaker sales to grow 50% by 2019
- Cogeco Connexion to introduce MediaFirst IPTV platform
- Global spend on TV and Video will reach $559 billion in 2022
- Telaria integrates Nielsen digital ad ratings
- Accedo launches AI project with AWS and ITV
- Kudelski's SmarDTV device business becomes Neotion affiliate
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~415,000 subscribers in 2Q 2018
- Global connected TV device installed base passes one billion unit mark
- Google closes gap on Amazon in smart speaker market in Q2 2018
- Minute.ly launches real-time AI video analysis for live streams
- Europeans spending two more hours a month watching on-demand video
- Netflix on verge of 2 million viewers in New Zealand
- Astro launches first 4K UHD broadcast in Malaysia
- US SVOD subscriptions to reach 208 million
- U.S. STB energy efficiency agreement saves $3.5 billion
- Brightline adds Cuebiq's footfall attribution to OTT ad platform
- TELUS first in Canada with 24/7 linear 4K HDR channel