Germany Digital TV News (Digital Fernsehen Nachrichten Deutschland)
HTC unveils 5G mobile smart hub
Feb 25, 2019 – HTC has unveiled its HTC 5G Hub, a dedicated 5G mobile smart hub. The device enables 4K video streaming, low-latency gaming, and 5G mobile hotspot features for up to 20 users. Carriers across the globe will offer the HTC 5G Hub.
News categories: HTC, Cher Wang, 5G, Australia, Finland, Germany, MWC19, Router, Switzerland, UK, USA
Samsung rolls out Galaxy S10 5G smartphone across Europe
Feb 20, 2019 – Samsung has announced a range of 5G operator partnerships in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland and the UK that will see the rollout of Samsung's Galaxy S10 5G, the first true 5G smartphone, across Europe this summer.
News categories: Samsung, DJ Koh, 5G, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Smartphone, Spain, Switzerland, UK
Vodafone first to connect 5G smartphones to its network
Feb 20, 2019 – Vodafone has become the world's first operator to connect 5G smartphones to its live 5G network. Vodafone is preparing to launch 5G in a number of European cities during the second half of 2019.
News categories: Vodafone, Johan Wibergh, 5G, Germany, Italy, MWC19, Smartphone, Spain, UK
Smart speaker household access grows to 13% of internet users
Feb 20, 2019 – More than 13% of internet users surveyed across the Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, India, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States had access to a smart speaker in their households in November 2018 according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Maria Rua Aguete, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, India, Japan, Market Research, MWC19, Smart Home, UK, USA
innogy launches multiscreen IPTV with ZATTOO
Feb 19, 2019 – Energy company, innogy, is the tenth German network operator to introduce an IPTV product fully hosted and managed by ZATTOO. innogy TelNet customers can take advantage of up to 130 TV channels, with many in HD.
News categories: ZATTOO, innogy, Gernot Jaeger, Robin Weiand, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV
Vodafone Germany selects Metrological Application Platform
Jan 23, 2019 – Vodafone Germany has chosen Metrological to bring apps and OTT content to the GigaTV platform. Users will have access to OTT services, content and apps integrated into the GigaTV UI via the Metrological Application Platform.
News categories: Metrological, Vodafone, Thijs Bijleveld, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
Germans watching more than 5 hours of video and TV each day
Jan 22, 2019 – According to VAUNET's Media Usage Analysis, during 2018 audiovisual media usage by Germans rose to over nine hours a day for the first time. Radio and TV continued to be by far the most frequently consumed types of media.
News categories: VAUNET, Dr. Harald Flemming, Frank Giersberg, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Mobile
Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV
Jan 15, 2019 – Vestel has launched its first CASTVs which allow consumers to access pay TV services without the need for a separate set-top box, CAM or any other external device. The launch has been enabled by Irdeto’s TV Cloaked CA solution.
News categories: Irdeto, Vestel, evotv, Steeve Huin, Hakan Kutlu, Domagoj Frank, Austria, Croatia, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Uzbekistan
Germany's video entertainment market at €9bn in 2018
Jan 9, 2019 – The German video market stepped up its dynamic transition in 2018, driven by subscription spending. Consequently, it is the 5th largest in the world with an estimated annual spend of circa €9 billion, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research
- Involuntary cancellations a huge problem for the SVOD industry
- FPT launches Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device with SDMC
- NCC Media connects online to its TV advertising platform
- MediaKind to debut Universe portfolio at NAB Show 2019
- NBCUniversal and Sky combine advanced advertising capabilities
- Netflix surges beyond 11 million users in Australia
- Asia Pacific OTT to generate $48 billion
- Cinedigm to acquire Future Today
- Comark becomes Triveni Digital ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 re-seller for the U.S.
- NexPlayer and WeTek develop E2E OTT solution supporting Widevine DRM
- CANAL+ Myanmar deploys NAGRA’s Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution
- US esports ad revenues will grow 25% in 2019
- Funimation licenses TiVo's Search, Recommendations and Insight modules
- FTTH Council Europe updates FTTH/FTTB figures
- Eleven Sports launches new streaming service in Japan
- Rakuten TV to expand reach to more than 40 countries in 2019
- Bezeq plans migration of 'yes' from satellite to OTT
- TDG: Disney+ likely to be well received
- Saankhya Labs develops 5G Broadcast and Direct to Mobile TV technologies
- Benin signs up with SES for DTT distribution and DTH