Germany Digital TV News (Digital Fernsehen Nachrichten Deutschland)
Panasonic and M7 launch HbbTV Operator App
Oct 23, 2019 – Panasonic and the M7 Group have announced a partnership to support the HbbTV Operator App specification. As a result of the cooperation, an HbbTV Operator Apps running on Panasonic TVs is available for Diveo in Germany and for HD Austria.
News categories: Panasonic, M7 Group, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Satellite, Smart TV
VAUNET forecast for the German media market in 2019
Oct 23, 2019 – For the first time, audiovisual media in Germany will, according to VAUNET, realise a turnover of more than €13 billion in 2019. VAUNET is forecasting revenue growth of 4.7% or €579 million for the full year to reach a total of €13.02 billion.
News categories: VAUNET, Hans Demmel, Frank Giersberg, Advertising, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research
Fransat and HD+ adopt Intertrust XCA content protection
Sep 12, 2019 – Intertrust has announced that Fransat and HD+, France and Germany’s leading free TV operators, have selected Intertrust’s ExpressPlay XCA to protect and manage video streams over major broadcast and IPTV networks.
News categories: Intertrust, Fransat, HD+, Talal G. Shamoon, Digital TV, DRM, France, Germany, IBC2019, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Global pay TV subscriptions up, revenues down
Sep 11, 2019 – Digital TV Research forecasts 60 million additional pay TV subscribers between 2018 and 2024 to take the global total to 1.08 billion. China will provide 19 million and India 26 million. The US will lose 14.4 million pay TV subscribers.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, China, Digital TV, Germany, India, Russia, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
HD+ in Germany deploys TVkey Cloud by NAGRA and Samsung
Sep 10, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced that HD PLUS is the first operator to deploy TVkey Cloud on its HD+ satellite platform. TVkey Cloud brings pay-TV services directly to Smart TVs equipped with TVkey hardware root of trust.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, HD+, Maurice Van Riek, John Adam, Georges Agnes, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2019, Satellite, Smart TV
Deutsche Telekom to launch MagentaTV box with mesh Wi-Fi integrated
Sep 5, 2019 – Deutsche Telekom is exhibiting a new media receiver at IFA: the MagentaTV Box with integrated mesh Wi-Fi technology. Thanks to the mesh Wi-Fi, the MagentaTV box is easy to integrate into an existing Wi-Fi network, no matter which room it is placed in.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2019, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Deutsche Telekom launches first Smart Speaker from Europe
Sep 5, 2019 – Deutsche Telekom has launched a Smart Speaker. The Smart Speaker turns a voice into a remote control. It is now possible to simply use voice commands to operate Deutsche Telekom offerings such as MagentaTV, Magenta SmartHome, and telephone services.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Michael Hagspihl, Germany, IFA2019, Smart Home
Amazon brings more Fire TV Edition devices to Europe and North America
Sep 4, 2019 – Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) has announced a lineup of more than 15 new Fire TV Edition products, including the world’s first Fire TV Edition smart TV with built-in far-field voice control and the first OLED Fire TV Edition smart TV.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Canada, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, UK, USA, UX
Amazon introduces second generation Fire TV Cube
Sep 4, 2019 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced a new Fire TV Cube. The streaming media player features far-field voice control built directly into the device and is now available for pre-order in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, and Japan.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Digital TV, Germany, India, Japan, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK, USA
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
- Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
- NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
- NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
- TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
- Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
- BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
- Looper Insights adds set-top box VOD store content visibility
- MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
- BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
- Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
- Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
- Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
- U.S. pay TV household penetration down to 75%
- Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
- NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
- Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA