Brazil (Brasil) Digital TV News
Viaccess-Orca to power Guigo TV live OTT service in Brazil
Dec 12, 2018 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Brazil's Guigo TV is launching an OTT offering powered by VO's TVaaS cloud-based TV platform, VO's DRM solution, and VO's applications.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Guigo TV, Carlos Ramos, Renato Svirsky, Apps, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
Wyplay to work on HD and 4K DVR enhancements for Vrio
Dec 4, 2018 – Wyplay has announced that it has been contracted to work on enhancements to the newly launched HD and 4K DVRs for Latin America and SKY Brasil. The hybrid products provide satellite and internet enabled video streams and ISDB-T.
News categories: Wyplay, Vrio, Jacques Bourgninaud, Brazil, Caribbean, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Latin America OTT revenues to climb by $4 billion
Aug 9, 2018 – According to Digital TV Research, revenues from OTT TV episodes and movies for 19 Latin American countries will grow by $4 billion to $6.43 billion in 2023; up from the $2.47 billion recorded in 2017.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, OTT, Subscribers
Globosat chooses Harmonic for live UHD football broadcasting
Jul 12, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Globosat, Latin America's largest content and program creator, has selected Harmonic's Ultra HD (UHD) contribution solution for broadcast of the world's largest football tournament, being held in Russia.
News categories: Harmonic, Globosat, Alvaro Martin, Roberto Primo, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Smart speakers are popular, but not for controlling connected home devices
Jun 19, 2018 – According to an IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) survey of consumers in the U.S., UK, Japan, Germany and Brazil, the predominant uses of smart speakers revolve around asking questions, checking the weather, listening to news and playing music.
News categories: IHS Markit, Blake Kozak, Brazil, Digital TV, Germany, Japan, Market Research, Smart Home, UK, USA
Intelsat and Globo to demonstrate 8K during the World Cup
Jun 15, 2018 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) will partner with Globo to demonstrate live 8K video transmissions in Brazil for the 2018 World Cup. From June 15 to July 15, content will be broadcast as part of an exhibition at the Museu de Amanhã, Rio's science museum.
News categories: Intelsat, NTT, Globo, Rob Cerbone, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Pay TV subscribers in LatAm expected to grow to 79.3 million in 2023
Jun 13, 2018 – According to Dataxis, Pay TV in LatAm is forecast to reach 79.3 million homes in 2023. Mexico will hold 28.9% of pay TV customers and will continue to be the largest market in the region.
News categories: Dataxis, Brazil, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Subscribers
Out of Home video viewing on the rise
May 29, 2018 – More than half of internet users surveyed in the United States, United Kingdom, Brazil, Japan and Germany watched video content out of their homes at least once a month, according to consumer surveys conducted by IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Fateha Begum, Brazil, Digital TV, Germany, Japan, Market Research, OTT, TV Everywhere, UK, USA
Netflix to reach 201 million subscribers by 2023
May 16, 2018 – Digital TV Research has forecast that Netflix will have 201 million streaming subscribers by 2023, up by 82% from 111 million at end-2017. About 28 million subscribers will be added in 2018 – making it the largest growth year ever.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Brazil, Canada, Digital TV, France, Germany, India, Market Research, Mexico, OTT, Subscribers, UK, USA
- Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
- DAZN drives global growth via social video with Grabyo
- Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
- TDG research shows sensitivity of Netflix subscribers to price rises
- Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
- Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
- 16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
- OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
- Mediamorph achieves record customer acquisitions in 2018
- Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
- ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
- SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
- Mirada multiscreen solution launches at One Communications in Bermuda
- Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV
- TrueVisions extends CA partnership with Synamedia
- Liberty Latin America confirms discussions with Millicom
- NBCUniversal announces Direct-to-Consumer streaming service
- Syncbak to debut straight to OTT syndication marketplace at NATPE 2019
- Endeavor video technology with NeuLion becomes Endeavor Streaming
- TrueVisions takes Ku-band capacity on Thaicom-8