Brazil (Brasil) Digital TV News
Brazil's video market picks up the pace
Mar 18, 2020 – According to Futuresource Consulting, Brazil’s video entertainment market has emerged from the shadow of recession. New SVoD services from global players and increased investment in pay TV and OTT services by local media companies are seen as the key drivers.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Brazil, Digital TV, Market Research
Recession to cut Latin America pay TV subscribers by 5 million
Mar 9, 2020 – The Latin American pay TV sector has been hit by the recession. The number of pay TV subscribers fell by 4 million in 2019. Digital TV Research forecasts 67 million pay TV subscribers by 2025 – down from 72 million in the peak year of 2017.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Subscribers
Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
Jan 21, 2020 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that it is partnering with AOC to bring the AOC Roku TV to consumers in Brazil. The TV will offer consumers a smart TV experience that is easy to use, with great streaming entertainment at an affordable price.
News categories: Roku, TPV, Globoplay, G2C Globo, Anthony Wood, Arthur van Rest, Andre Romanon, Erick Brêtas, Fernando Ramos, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
ELSYS adds security camera support to STB based on Frog middleware
Dec 17, 2019 – Elsys has integrated a range of security video cameras on the Elsys TOTALMAX receiver powered by Frog, the Wyplay open source middleware. ELSYS developed and customized the middleware in partnership with Globo for its SAT HD Regional project.
News categories: Wyplay, Elsys, Jacques Bourgninaud, Damian Zisman, Brazil, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
Oct 16, 2019 – At the Rock in Rio festival, Grupo Globo launched the first 5G Broadcast field trial in Brazil with equipment from Rohde & Schwarz. The objective of the project is to validate the operability and market opportunities of the technology.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Grupo Globo, 5G, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
RecordTV uses MediaKind IRD for 2019 Pan American Games coverage
Sep 13, 2019 – MediaKind was selected by Brazilian TV network RecordTV to enable its delivery of over 1,000 hours of programming of the 18th Pan American Games, across its Play Plus streaming services, R7 news portal and Record News and RecordTV channels.
News categories: MediaKind, RecordTV, Avicom Engenharia, Clayton Cruz, Sergio Bruzetti, Geraldo Marques, Jaime Ferreira, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Satellite
MPEG-H Audio added to SBTVD's ISDB-Tb specifications
Aug 27, 2019 – The SBTVD Forum has selected MPEG-H Audio for inclusion as an additional audio system in the ISDB-Tb specification. This allows broadcasters to simulcast MPEG-H Audio alongside the existing AAC audio.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, EiTV, ATEME, Adrian Murtaza, Brazil, Digital TV, Latin America, SBTVD, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Brazil pay TV subscribers down in 528k in 2Q 2019
Aug 2, 2019 – According to Anatel, Brazil's pay TV subscriber base ended June 2019 at 16.71 million, down 528 thousand subscribers in the quarter and down 1.23 million versus one year before.
News categories: Anatel, Brazil, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
Baita Conteúdo distributes HD channels via SES-6 in Brazil
Jul 25, 2019 – Thanks to a partnership with SES, Baita Conteúdo, which currently distributes its channels over the internet to cable TV operators in Brazil, will deliver the same channels via satellite and reach all cable and DTH operators served by SES-6.
News categories: SES S.A, Baita Conteúdo, Jurandir Pitsch, Pedro Bernardo, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform