VR (Virtual Reality) and Immersive Video News
Irdeto acquires gaming security company, Denuvo
Jan 23, 2018 – Irdeto has acquired Denuvo to provide anti-piracy and anti-cheat solutions for games on desktop, mobile, console and VR devices. Denuvo provides technology and services for game publishers and platforms, independent software vendors, e-publishers and video publishers across the globe.
News categories: Irdeto, Denuvo, Doug Lowther, Reinhard Blaukovitsch, Content Protection, MnA, VR, Worldwide
Stream TV And BOE team up on high-resolution Glasses-Free 3D
Jan 10, 2018 – Stream TV Networks and BOE Technology have announced a cooperation to combine the high-resolution panels of BOE with Stream TV's Glasses-Free 3D technology (@UltraD3). The project will enable development of devices across the entire CE industry.
News categories: Stream TV Networks, BOE Technology, Mathu Rajan, CES2018, Digital TV, VR, Worldwide
NBC Olympics to provide live Winter Olympics coverage in VR with Intel
Jan 8, 2018 – NBC Olympics has announced that it will provide more than 50 hours of live virtual reality coverage powered by Intel True VR during the XXIII Olympic Winter Games from PyeongChang, South Korea, to authenticated users.
News categories: NBC Olympics, Intel, Gary Zenkel, James Carwana, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, USA, VR
Sky VR Studio selects Jaunt for immersive content distribution
Jan 8, 2018 – Jaunt has announced a partnership for the Jaunt XR Platform with Sky. Jaunt’s XR Platform is a white label immersive content distribution solution. Sky VR Studio will use the technology to deliver content via its Sky VR app.
News categories: Jaunt, Sky, Dominic Collins, Gary Davey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK, VR
WheresMyMedia and VR Video bring VR to ATSC 3.0
Jan 5, 2018 – VR Video and WheresMyMedia have announced LiveWorks, a project to bring AR, VR and Live 360 Video to broadcast. ATSC 3.0 is paving the way for next-generation television services such as the LiveWorks broadcasting platform.
News categories: WheresMyMedia, VR Video, William Steele, Edwin Rogers, Sam Matheny, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA, VR
CTA predicts record U.S. sales in 2018 for AR/VR
Jan 4, 2018 – Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) technologies are positioned for record growth in 2018, according to the CTA. And the latest exhibitor update on CES 2018 shows a record-setting footprint for both AR and VR.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Karen Chupka, Mark Turner, CES2018, USA, VR
VR Industry Forum to publish industry guidelines at CES
Dec 14, 2017 – The Virtual Reality Industry Forum (VRIF) has announced the general availability of its first set of VR Industry Guidelines, which includes topics relevant for VR content production, distribution, security and consumption.
News categories: Virtual Reality Industry Forum, Rob Koenen, Christian Egeler, CES2018, VR, Worldwide
PlayStation VR install base reaches 2 million units worldwide
Dec 7, 2017 – Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) has announced sales milestones. On December 3, 2017, PlayStation 4 (PS4) had cumulatively sold more than 70.6 million units to consumers worldwide, and PlayStation VR (PS VR) had sold more than 2M units.
News categories: Sony Interactive Entertainment, Andrew House, Games Console, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
360° highlights and instant replays added to BT Sport app
Dec 5, 2017 – BT is making 360° highlights and instant replays from a range of major sporting events available on its BT Sport App including the UEFA Champions League, Premier League football, the FA Cup and World Title boxing.
News categories: BT Sport, Jamie Hindhaugh, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, UK, VR
- Irdeto acquires gaming security company, Denuvo
- DISH releases DVR tailored to one- and two-TV households
- Evolution Digital rolls out upgraded eVUE-TV experience
- Comviva adds Sacom's MENA content to its Mooditt Digital Store
- Verimatrix integrates OTT multi-DRM with Amazon Web Services
- Inside Secure protects video application developed by PodOp and HBO
- Turner announces international SVOD service with roll-out of FilmStruck
- Amphion releases video decoder core for HEVC and VP9
- NAGRA secures CANAL+ 4K UHD services in France
- Bell Canada selects Ericsson's MediaFirst TV platform
- Cross MediaWorks and 605 standardize campaign measurement and advanced analytics
- CANAL+ launches Ultra HD service on ASTRA at 19.2°E
- Yospace, NexPlayer integration helps monetise live streams on HTML5 platforms
- Airtel Digital TV adds 416,000 subscribers in 4Q 2017
- Roku introduces Ad Insights Suite
- Comcast Technology and DLVR partner to deliver QoE across any screen
- Deloitte India TMT Predictions 2018 report
- Creative asset workflow lags years behind innovations in media buying
- ATSC 3.0 SFN to be deployed in Dallas DMA
- Nielsen adds YouTube mobile app measurement in UK, France and Germany