VR (Virtual Reality) and Immersive Video News
Samsung employees show experimental hands-free VR interface
Apr 25, 2017 – At the recent VRLA Expo 2017 in Los Angeles, a group of Samsung employees have introduced an experimental, hands-free VR interface that they call FaceSense. FaceSense is a product of C-Lab, Samsung’s startup business program.
News categories: Samsung, UX, VR, Worldwide
SES, Fraunhofer HHI and Newtec show 360° VR over DVB-S2X at NABShow
Apr 25, 2017 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG), together with Fraunhofer HHI and Newtec, will demonstrate an immersive Virtual Reality (VR) experience via a live 360-degree Ultra HD VR satellite broadcast at NAB 2017 in Las Vegas.
News categories: SES S.A, Fraunhofer, Newtec, Thomas Wrede, Ralf Schäfer, Hans Massart, Content Distribution, DVB-S2, NABShow, Satellite, USA, VR
Net Insight releases first true live and synchronized 360° OTT streaming solution
Apr 24, 2017 – Net Insight has introduced Sye 360° - the world's first true live and synchronized 360° OTT streaming solution. With ultra-low latency, broadcasters can synchronize a live OTT feed with the linear broadcast.
News categories: Net Insight, Per Lindgren, Fredrik Tumegård, Content Distribution, NABShow, VR, Worldwide
PCCW Global delivers 360° VR sport with Harmonic
Apr 23, 2017 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that its Electra VS video system was used by PCCW Global to deliver immersive 360-degree, virtual reality (VR) experiences live during the 2017 Cathay Pacific/HSBC Hong Kong Sevens rugby tournament April 7-9.
News categories: Harmonic, PCCW Global, Tony Berthaud, Content Distribution, Hong Kong, NABShow, VR
Harmonic and Blue Man Group to show native UHD 360° VR at NABShow
Apr 21, 2017 – At the 2017 NAB Show, Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) will showcase innovations in 360-degree immersive virtual reality (VR) technology with a demonstration featuring prerecorded content of Blue Man Group.
News categories: Harmonic, Blue Man, Bart Spriester, Content Distribution, NABShow, USA, VR, Worldwide
NeuLion and Nokia partner for end-to-end VR streaming
Apr 21, 2017 – NeuLion (TSX: NLN) has announced that Nokia’s OZO Live and OZO Reality Platform, together with the NeuLion Digital Platform, will offer joint customers complete end-to-end production, delivery, monetization and play-back of VR content.
News categories: NeuLion, Nokia, Roy Reichbach, Tarif Sayed, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, VR, Worldwide
Nokia OZO and Accedo partner to enhance quality of VR experiences
Apr 20, 2017 – Accedo has announced that it is partnering with Nokia to deliver best-in-class quality throughout the VR experience by integrating Nokia’s OZO Player SDK into Accedo’s VR solutions and joint customer projects.
News categories: Accedo, Nokia, Fredrik Andersson, Tarif Sayed, NABShow, VR, Worldwide
VR industry revenues to reach $7.2 billion in 2017
Apr 11, 2017 – In a report on virtual reality (VR), Greenlight Insights forecasts total VR revenues to reach $7.2 billion globally by the end of 2017, of which, head-mounted displays (HMDs) will account for $4.7 billion.
News categories: Greenlight Insights, Clifton Dawson, Eddie Lou, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
HTC VIVE and Accedo partner to accelerate VR UX innovation
Mar 29, 2017 – Accedo has announced that it is partnering with HTC VIVE to educate the video industry and accelerate VR innovation. The companies are also working with the Australian National Basketball League (NBL) to create user experiences for sporting events in VR.
News categories: Accedo, HTC VIVE, Australian National Basketball League, Fredrik Andersson, Rikard Steiber, Jeremy Loeliger, Digital TV, UX, VR, Worldwide
- Creonic launches additional DVB-S2X IP cores
- 69% of U.S. TV households have a connected TV
- Streaming far surpasses VOD as the go-to source for on demand content
- Malaysia's tonton OTT to be available through Singtel
- Comcast video subscribers up 42,000 in 1Q 2017
- Kinnevik acquires 18.5% in Com Hem
- Totalplay selects ATEME virtual encoding for its converged headend
- Sky's OTT service, NOW TV, launches in Ireland
- PLDT announces next generation TVolution streaming box
- AT&T linear down 233k; DTVLA up 91k video subs in 1Q 2017
- FreeCast to offer OTA TV via its ATSC 3.0 STB
- Viu hits 6 million active users, 50% growth in 4 months
- Samsung employees show experimental hands-free VR interface
- Channel 4 launches world's first audio personalised TV ads
- SES, Fraunhofer HHI and Newtec show 360° VR over DVB-S2X at NABShow
- Eutelsat running antenna seeding programme across the Americas
- Paywizard integrates with Cisco's Infinite Video Platform
- ZoneTV and ActiveVideo show cloud delivery of Dynamic Channels
- RTÉ to develop next generation RTÉ Player with Fincons Group
- Cincinnati Bell takes multiscreen OTT security from Verimatrix