Finance (M&A, results, venture capital, private equity, …) News
Megacable adds 21k video subscribers in 2Q 2019
Jul 22, 2019 – Megacable Holdings (BMV:MEGA.CPO) has announced results for the second quarter of 2019. At the end of 2Q19, the Video segment reached 3,271,561 subscribers. When compared to 1Q19, subscribers for this segment grew by 21 thousand net adds.
News categories: Megacable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Results, Subscribers
CEVA acquires Hillcrest Labs
Jul 22, 2019 – CEVA (NASDAQ: CEVA) has announced the acquisition of Hillcrest Labs from InterDigital. Hillcrest Labs is a leading global supplier of software and components for sensor processing in consumer and IoT devices.
News categories: CEVA, Hillcrest Labs, Gideon Wertheizer, Chad Lucien, MnA, UX, Worldwide
iflix secures new round of funding
Jul 22, 2019 – iflix has announced the finalisation of a round of investment ahead of its prospective IPO. The round was cornerstoned by Fidelity International. iflix also added media companies MNC, Yoshimoto Kogyo and JTBC to the register.
News categories: iflix, Patrick Grove, Asia, Digital TV, OTT, Venture Capital
Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
Jul 18, 2019 – European Commission has announced its final approval of the sale of Liberty Global’s operations in Germany, Hungary, Romania and the Czech Republic to Vodafone Group. The transaction, announced May 9, 2018, has a total enterprise value of approximately €19 billion [$21.5] billion, on a GAAP basis.
News categories: Liberty Global, European Commission, Vodafone, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, EU, Germany, Hungary, MnA, Regulation, Romania
DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
Jul 17, 2019 – DNA has agreed to sell its terrestrial TV network pay-TV business to Digita. DNA will continue its operations in cable and broadband. The transfer will take place on 1 January 2020. The parties will not be disclosing the sale price.
News categories: DNA Oy, Digita Oy, Pekka Väisänen, Digital TV, Finland, MnA, Terrestrial
Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
Jul 15, 2019 – Dalet has signed an agreement to acquire the Ooyala Flex Media Platform business. Ooyala Flex Media Platform is a subscription/SaaS offering that provides a solution for servicing OTT and digital media distribution workflows.
News categories: Dalet, Ooyala, David Lasry, Jonathan Huberman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Worldwide
Amino acquires 24i Media
Jul 15, 2019 – Amino Communications has announced that it has acquired privately-held 24i. 24i provides the Amino Group with a broader and deeper product set, talented development capability, complementary skills and a greater geographical reach.
News categories: Amino, 24i Media, Donald McGarva, Martijn van Horssen, Digital TV, MnA, UX, Worldwide
7.1 million digital paying CATV subscribers for Hathway at end-2Q 2019
Jul 10, 2019 – GTPL Hathway has announced results for its FY20 first quarter. GTPL seeded 200,000 STBs during the quarter, taking total seeded STBs as on June 30, 2019 to 9.70 million. Digital paying subscribers as on June 30, 2019 stood at 7.1 million.
News categories: GTPL, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Results, Subscribers
Eutelsat invests €10 million in Broadpeak
Jul 3, 2019 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has taken a stake of circa 20% in Broadpeak. Eutelsat's investment is a further step in its strategy to integrate satellite into the IP ecosystem, following the launch of its CIRRUS hybrid satellite-OTT solution.
News categories: Broadpeak, Eutelsat, Jacques Le Mancq, Jean-Hubert Lenotte, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, Satellite, Worldwide
- FreeWheel releases Q1 2019 Video Marketplace report
- Expert System adds MovieLabs Creative Works Ontology support
- Megacable adds 21k video subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Virtual Assistant shipments to exceed 2.3 billion in 2023
- Telecom Egypt and CNE to launch IPTV
- All Media Baltics chooses Atende Software OTT platform
- CEVA acquires Hillcrest Labs
- Global semiconductor revenue forecast to decline 9.6% in 2019
- iflix secures new round of funding
- Malaysia runs analogue switchover pilot in Langkawi
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- India: 79% of the smartphone users using OTT apps for entertainment
- Peach advertising delivery platform launched
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- Altice France unveils SFR Box 8
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report