Finance (M&A, results, venture capital, private equity, …) News
BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
Nov 7, 2019 – United Group has agreed to acquire Vivacom, the largest telecoms operator in Bulgaria. The acquisition will accelerate United Group’s growth, expand its geographic reach and cement its position as the industry leader in the region.
News categories: United Group, Vivacom, BC Partners, Victoriya Boklag, Spas Roussev, Nikos Stathopoulos, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA
DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
Nov 7, 2019 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has reported results for the quarter ending September 30, 2019. The company closed the quarter with 12.18 million pay TV subscribers, including 9.49 million DISH TV and 2.69 million Sling TV subscribers.
News categories: DISH Network, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
Nov 5, 2019 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA and LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced that it has sold its subsidiary Cable & Wireless Seychelles, to a consortium of local investors. In the transaction, Cable & Wireless Seychelles is valued at an enterprise value of $104 million.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Cable & Wireless Seychelles, Balan Nair, Charles Hammond, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, Seychelles
Alticast to spin-off media business into new company
Oct 31, 2019 – Alticast plans to establish a new company (tentatively, 'Altimedia Corporation') by spinning-off its media business targeting Korean cable and EMEA/Asia broadcasting companies, excluding media business targeting KT/Skylife and North American broadcasting.
News categories: Alticast, Korea, MnA, Worldwide
AT&T U.S. down 1,358k; Vrio down 167k video subs in 3Q 2019
Oct 28, 2019 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the third quarter of 2019. Total U.S. video subscribers were down 1.358 million in the quarter with AT&T TV NOW accounting for 195,000 of the losses. For Vrio in Latin America, net subscribers also declined, by 167,000.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, OTT, Results, Satellite, USA
Charter residential video customers down 77,000 in 3Q 2019
Oct 25, 2019 – Charter Communications has reported results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2019. Residential video customers decreased by 77,000 in the quarter. At the end of the period, Charter had 15.7 million residential video customers.
News categories: Charter Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Verizon FIOS video subscribers down 67,000 in 3Q 2019
Oct 25, 2019 – Verizon Communications (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) has reported third-quarter 2019 results. Verizon Consumer Group reported 30,000 Fios Internet net additions and 67,000 Fios Video net losses, reflecting the ongoing shift from traditional linear video to OTT offerings.
News categories: Verizon, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Megacable adds 6k video subscribers in 3Q 2019
Oct 24, 2019 – Megacable (BMV:MEGA.CPO) has announced results for the third quarter of 2019. At close, the company's video segment had 3,223,620 subscribers, an increase of 44,000 compared to 3Q18. Compared with 2Q19, subscribers are up by 6,000.
News categories: Megacable, Cable TV, Mexico, Results, Subscribers
Comcast cable video subscribers down 238,000 in 3Q 2019
Oct 24, 2019 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2019. At Cable Communications, total video customer net losses were 238,000. At Sky, Total Customer Relationships decreased by 99,000 to 23.9 million in the quarter.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
- Looper Insights adds set-top box VOD store content visibility
- MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
- BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
- Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
- Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
- Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
- U.S. pay TV household penetration down to 75%
- Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
- NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
- Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA
- MediaMath bidding infrastructure to integrate LiveRamp identities
- Sabio launches Advanced TV solution
- Enea Openwave optimizes Apple TV+ streaming
- U.S. Connected TV ad spending will grow nearly 40% in 2019
- Streaming TV showing significant increase in viewership and quality
- Stofa releases Tv-boks based on Android TV
- Apple TV+ now available
- DTG publishes latest UK TV specifications in D-Book 12