Private Equity News
Innovid receives $30 million in funding from Goldman Sachs
Jan 7, 2019 – Innovid has announced that it has secured $30 million in pre-IPO funding from Goldman Sachs’ Private Capital Investing group. Innovid will use the additional capital to further its innovation and leadership in the connected TV advertising technology market.
News categories: Innovid, Goldman Sachs, Zvika Netter, Hillel Moerman, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Private Equity, USA, Worldwide
Accedo raises $17m in growth capital
Jan 3, 2019 – Accedo has revealed that it has raised $17M in equity to further drive its growth over the coming years. This round of financing was led by SEB Private Equity, a Stockholm based private equity team and already an investor in Accedo.
News categories: Accedo, SEB Private Equity, Michael Lantz, Magnus Ramström, CES2020, Digital TV, Private Equity, UX, Worldwide
Cisco's demerged SPVSS business to be called Synamedia
Sep 4, 2018 – The new company to be formed from the sale of Cisco's SPVSS business is to be called Synamedia. New and enhanced video solutions from Cisco SPVSS's portfolio that will move to Synamedia will be showcased at IBC on the Cisco stand.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Synamedia, Yves Padrines, Dr. Abe Peled, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, Private Equity, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cross MediaWorks Launches one2one Media
Apr 3, 2017 – Cross MediaWorks has announced that it has launched one2one Media. This new company will provide a neutral and scalable addressable video business for agencies and advertisers, in partnership with MVPDs.
News categories: one2one Media, Cross MediaWorks, Lee Equity Partners, Michael Bologna, Jamie Power, Nick Troiano, Barry Baker, Advertising, Private Equity, USA
The Chernin Group and AT&T create OTT joint venture
Apr 22, 2014 – AT&T (NYSE:T) and The Chernin Group have announced the formation of a venture to acquire, invest in and launch OTT video services. The Chernin Group and AT&T have committed over $500 million to the venture.
News categories: AT&T, Crunchyroll, John Stankey, Peter Chernin, MnA, OTT, Private Equity, USA
Technicolor shareholders approve capital increases proposed by Vector Capital
Jun 20, 2012 – Technicolor (Euronext: TCH) shareholders have approved the resolutions proposed by Vector Capital. The capital increases will allow Technicolor to strengthen its balance sheet and enhance its capabilities to implement its strategic roadmap.
News categories: Technicolor, Vector Capital, Gateway, Private Equity, Set Top Box
WYPLAY Secures 9 Million Euro Third Round Financing
May 4, 2010 – WYPLAY SAS has announced that it has closed a 9 million euro third round of financing led by Amundi Private Equity Funds. Wyplay has already experienced success with international Tier 1 clients that include SFR-Vodafone and D-Link.
News categories: WYPLAY, Amundi Private Equity, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Private Equity, Set Top Box, Venture Capital
SiTune Corporation Secures Series B Financing with Greenlane Investments
Dec 3, 2009 – SiTune Corporation has announced that it has secured its Series B financing with current investor Greenlane Investments LLC. SiTune will use the proceeds of the new financing for ramping production and grow its international sales infrastructure.
News categories: SiTune, CES2020, Private Equity, Semiconductor, Venture Capital
NDS Group plc Reports First Quarter Results
Oct 23, 2008 – NDS (Nasdaq: NNDS) has announced its results for the quarter ended September 30, 2008. 95.4 million active devices were protected by NDS conditional access and 98.7 million middleware clients were deployed at the end of the period.
News categories: NDS Group, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DRM, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Mobile, Private Equity, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers