IBCShow – IBC2017 (International Broadcasting Convention 2017): September 14-19, 2017: RAI Convention Centre, Amsterdam
Molotov deploys castLabs multi-DRM in France
May 9, 2017 – castLabs has announced a partnership with Molotov. Delivering secure live and video-on-demand content across a wide number of devices including Apple TV and Android TV, Molotov needed to provide support for relevant major DRM technologies.
News categories: castLabs, Molotov, Michael Stattmann, Thomas Sangouard, Digital TV, DRM, France, IBCShow, Media Player, Multiscreen, OTT
Serbia's Astra Telekom to use Cubiware middleware for IPTV services
Sep 13, 2016 – Cubiware (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Astra Telekom, a privately held Serbian telecom operator, will use Cubiware’s middleware solutions to provide enhanced IPTV services to customers throughout Serbia.
News categories: Cubiware, Astra Telekom, Maciej Grzonkowski, Slobodan Preradovic, Digital TV, IBCShow, IPTV, Middleware, Serbia
Justek selects iWedia for Android 5.1 Hybrid UHD STB with HbbTV 2.0
Sep 13, 2016 – iWedia has announced that it has been selected by Shenzhen-based STB manufacturer Justek Technology to provide the HbbTV 2.0 browser for its Android 5.1 hybrid UHD set-top box.
News categories: iWedia, Justek, Hervé Creff, George Liao, Digital TV, Europe, IBCShow, Middleware, Set Top Box
MaxLinear and Realtek target reference design at 4K UHD satellite PVR market
Sep 12, 2016 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) and Realtek have announced a set-top box (STB) reference design that enables satellite pay-TV operators to deploy multichannel Ultra HD broadcast services in a low power, cost-optimized form factor.
News categories: MaxLinear, Realtek, Will Torgerson, Angus Lee, Digital TV, IBCShow, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MaxLinear offers three-channel satellite receiver for HD/UHD PVRs
Sep 12, 2016 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced the MxL532C, a three-tuner satellite receiver for personal video recorder STBs. The MxL532C integrates MaxLinear’s Full-Spectrum Capture satellite tuner technology with three demodulators.
News categories: MaxLinear, Will Torgerson, Digital TV, DVB-S2, IBCShow, ICs, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Econet and TiVo’s Cubiware announce partnership in Africa
Sep 12, 2016 – Cubiware (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced a partnership with Econet. As a result of the partnership, Cubiware will combine efforts with STB vendors to deliver the latest iteration of CubiTV middleware in Africa.
News categories: Cubiware, Econet, Jakub Gorski, Joe Hundah, Africa, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Cubiware’s CubiGO brings multiscreen OTT to Digitalb customers
Sep 11, 2016 – Cubiware (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Digitalb has launched Cubiware’s CubiGO, an over the top (OTT) multiscreen solution that allows operators to offer customers mobile access to their entertainment with a consistent experience across mobile devices.
News categories: Cubiware, Digitalb, Jakub Gorski, Altin Petre, Albania, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, Multiscreen, OTT
iWedia Teatro-3.0 for Linux available on SmarDTV SmarBOX STBs
Sep 11, 2016 – iWedia has announced that it has integrated its Linux-based Teatro-3.0 software solution for IP-connected zappers on top of SmarDTV’s SmarBOX Hybrid, the family of hybrid STBs from SmarDTV ranging from entry level to Ultra HD models.
News categories: iWedia, SmarDTV, Sunghoon Kim, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Totalplay selects Verimatrix security for next generation services
Sep 10, 2016 – Verimatrix has announced that Totalplay has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) platform to align with its network upgrade roadmap, which includes securing its On Demand service and supporting its IPTV and 4K/HEVC expansion plans.
News categories: Verimatrix, Totalplay, Steve Oetegenn, Victor Teuhtli Estrada, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShow, Mexico, Set Top Box
- Taiwan's TTV partners with 8sian to offer AI-enabled OTT service and app
- Samba TV partners with SpotX for OTT audience targeting and ad serving
- 904,000 Freesat TVs and set-top boxes sold in UK
- NPAW business intelligence available through Kaltura’s TV Platform
- Síminn gears up for 4K with Broadpeak
- HDR sets will surpass 4K TV shipments in 2020
- SERAPHIC and IRT show latest HbbTV 2 features at BroadcastAsia 2017
- Quiptel and Verimatrix deliver West Africa’s first secure OTT service
- Melita and Vodafone Malta announce merger
- Hrvatski Telekom presents a new generation of MAXtv
- Viaccess-Orca acquires Squadeo
- Irdeto watermarking passes ChinaDRM security tests
- Concurrent storage selected for timeshift TV at Leucom in Switzerland
- Altice announces new global strategy: One Group, One Brand
- VOD market to reach $77.7 billion by 2024
- European Council proposes revised directive on audiovisual media services
- Hessischer Rundfunk selects ATEME for DVB-T2/OTT headend
- Bridge Technologies monitors IP networks for TOT in Thailand
- ACCESS TV browsers pre-integrated by Foxxum
- SERAPHIC partners with ALi to launch Sraf Lite browser