IBCShow 2018 (IBC2018): September 13-18, 2018: RAI Convention Centre, Amsterdam
Irdeto, SMIT, MStar and TP Vision develop reference CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM
Sep 17, 2018 – A partnership of players in the CAM ecosystem, led by Irdeto, has announced a productized CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM which is ready for certification. The partnership includes MStar Semiconductor, SMIT Holdings and TP Vision.
News categories: Irdeto, MStar Semi, SMIT Holdings, TP Vision, Steeve Huin, Wayne Tsai, Bingyu Xiang, Elie Bonte, CAM, Digital TV, IBCShow, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
iWedia provides STB software and integration services to NTT DOCOMO
Sep 17, 2018 – iWedia has announced that it has been providing STB software products and integration services to NTT DOCOMO for the launch of its brand 'Hikari TV for docomo' service. 'Hikari TV for docomo' gives access to a wide choice of linear HD and UHD TV channels.
News categories: iWedia, NTT DOCOMO, Sunghoon Kim, Digital TV, IBCShow, IPTV, Japan, Middleware, Set Top Box
Anevia and Viaccess-Orca provide ultra-low latency live streaming solution
Sep 16, 2018 – Anevia has partnered with Viaccess-Orca to provide audiences with an ultra-low latency live streaming solution. The collaboration will see Anevia provide the encoder side of the solution, while Viaccess-Orca will be supplying the secure video player.
News categories: Anevia, Viaccess-Orca, Damien Lucas, Chem Assayag, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShow, Worldwide
Skyworth Digital selected to supply latest Tata Sky DVB-S2 STB
Sep 16, 2018 – Skyworth Digital has been selected by Tata Sky to supply its latest DVB-S2 set-top box. Skyworth Digital continues to develop its network of partners throughout the pay-TV ecosystem, to reducee operator time-to-market.
News categories: Skyworth Digital, Tata Sky, Stephen Hau, Yigs Riza, Digital TV, DVB-S2, IBCShow, India, Set Top Box
MediaKind Personalization Suite manages advertising and content distribution rights
Sep 15, 2018 – MediaKind has launched its MediaKind Personalization Suite. The suite includes a newly launched placement and content distribution rights application - pre-integrated with MediaKind's dynamic ad insertion, encoding & packaging, storage and delivery capabilities.
News categories: MediaKind, Boris Felts, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShow, Worldwide
BBC R&D shows content substitution at IBC with Vewd and Mediatek
Sep 15, 2018 – Together with Vewd and MediaTek, BBC R&D is showcasing the latest HbbTV advancements in content substitution at IBC. Vewd worked to optimize Vewd Core, its HTML5 SDK for smart TVs, as well as the Vewd Core HbbTV module, to support some of the BBC’s most advanced use cases.
News categories: Vewd, MediaTek, BBC, Frode Hernes, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, IBCShow, Semiconductor, Smart TV, UK
Tangerine Global deploys end-to-end cloud-based MediaKind solution
Sep 15, 2018 – MediaKind has announced that it is strengthening its collaboration with Tangerine Global by enhancing their ‘CITRUS’ managed solution with new cloud-based capabilities based on MediaKind’s MediaFirst software as a service (SaaS).
News categories: MediaKind, Tangerine Global, Mark Russell, Greg Pasetta, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShow, IPTV, Worldwide
Arçelik partners with SERAPHIC to launch OpApp smart TVs
Sep 15, 2018 – Arçelik, owner of the Grundig brand, has selected SERAPHIC as its OpApp provider for Grundig smart TVs, which will go to the market by the end of 2018. The OpApp solution leverages SERAPHIC's mature Sraf HbbTV architecture and deployment experience.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Arçelik, Xinwen Xue, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, IBCShow, Smart TV
HISPASAT introduces satellite Push-VOD enabled by Quadrille
Sep 15, 2018 – HISPASAT and Quadrille have introduced a solution for non-linear satellite-managed services, Push VoD, at IBC. The solution allows on-demand video content to be distribute via satellite without the need for internet access.
News categories: Quadrille, HISPASAT, Xavier Battas, Ignacio Sanchis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShow, Satellite, Worldwide
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~975,000 subscribers in 3Q 2018
- Intertrust and moTV target Africa with joint streaming platform
- Verizon Digital Media and Unreel partner for D2C content delivery
- Comscore announces AMC Networks as Campaign Ratings beta partner
- SKY Perfect JSAT upgrades DTH headend with Harmonic
- DVB and HbbTV release DASH validation tool
- Global SVOD revenues climb to $35 billion
- Accounting changes depress telecom and pay TV growth in 2018
- Edgeware to deliver tailored ads for Com Hem's online TV channels
- Amlogic completes integration of Widevine CAS on Android TV
- Televisa to expand TV CDN with Edgeware solution
- VSTV deploys ATEME TITAN video compression for DTH services
- Sweden's household spend on TV subscriptions now exceeds 330 SEK per month
- CommScope to acquire ARRIS
- SK Broadband selects dataxu to bring addressable TV to Asia
- Massive Interactive to be acquired by Deltatre
- TiVo reports 3Q 2018 results
- enTouch selects Minerva YourTV Now to deliver advanced Pay TV services
- Parks Associates lists 2018 top 10 U.S. SVOD services
- PeerLogix and FourthWall Media unify linear and streaming TV audiences