IBCShow – IBC2017 (International Broadcasting Convention 2017): September 14-19, 2017: RAI Convention Centre, Amsterdam
ADB brings Android TV into the pay TV operator arena
Sep 28, 2017 – ADB has announced that Android TV is now part of its graphyne2 family. From now on, pay TV operators, can also provide access to Google TV services like YouTube, Chromecast and Google Play Store, whilst keeping all the benefits of ADB's graphyne2 suite.
News categories: ADB, Jacek Galik, Frank Kessaratos, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, UX, Worldwide
beIN selects Irdeto for CA and security services
Sep 19, 2017 – Irdeto has announced details of a new three year deal with beIN. beIN will be using Irdeto’s Conditional Access Solution and security services for the delivery of live sports and entertainment content to customers across the MENA region.
News categories: Irdeto, beIN Media, Doug Lowther, Yousef Al-Obaidly, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middle-East
SPB TV Android TV box certified by Google
Sep 18, 2017 – The Android TV set-top box from SPB TV has been certified by Google. Currently, the number of installations of SPB TV applications on mobile devices has exceeded 70 million worldwide, most of them are Android users.
News categories: SPB TV, Google, Kirill Filippov, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Dish TV India selects Verimatrix Cardless Security for DTH expansion
Sep 18, 2017 – Verimatrix has announced that Dish TV India has selected Verimatrix to provide cardless security for its DTH service offerings. VCAS for DVB was selected for its future-proof approach to revenue security.
News categories: Verimatrix, Dish TV India, Steve Oetegenn, V K Gupta, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShow, India, Satellite
CubiTV pre-integrated with Conax Arena multiscreen hub
Sep 18, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Conax has pre-integrated TiVo’s Cubi Solutions with its Conax Arena flexible multiscreen hub. TiVo’s Cubi Solutions will be available to Conax Arena customers at launch.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Conax, Jakub Gorski, Tom Jahr, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, Multiscreen, Worldwide
Tivù premieres the first HbbTV 2.0.1 application: tivùon!
Sep 18, 2017 – Tivù, Samsung and Yotta Media Labs have presented the world’s first HbbTV 2.0.1 application at IBC 2017. The official launch of the tivùon! App in the Italian market will be in Q4 2017 on tivuon! certified Samsung HbbTV devices.
News categories: Tivù, Samsung, Yotta Media Labs, Apps, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBCShow, Italy, OTT, Smart TV
TVkey adds forensic watermarking with NexGuard
Sep 18, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced NexGuard as the first forensic watermarking solution approved for use with TVkey. The TVkey USB dongle offers a secure way for pay TV operators to bring advanced services directly to TV sets.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, NexGuard, Maurice Van Riek, Hyogun Lee, CAM, Digital TV, IBCShow, Smart TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
Vewd certifies Wiztivi UI framework for pay TV
Sep 17, 2017 – Vewd (formerly Opera TV) has announced a partnership with Wiztivi that will offer pay-TV operators peace-of-mind and radically faster time-to-market when selecting Wiztivi’s UI framework.
News categories: Wiztivi, Vewd, Manuel Dujardin, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, IBCShow, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
3SS multiscreen UI integrated with Huawei Envision video platform
Sep 16, 2017 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced a partnership with Huawei. 3SS’s 3READY Rapid-Launch Multiscreen Solution has been integrated with Huawei’s Envision Video Platform to give operators more monetization opportunities, fewer technical risks and greater efficiency.
News categories: 3 Screen Solutions, Huawei, Kai-Christian Borchers, Digital TV, IBCShow, Multiscreen, UX, Worldwide
- Inscape partners with Dativa to speed adoption of Smart TV data
- M7 launches DTH platform in Germany
- NEOTION and Tellmeplus embed native AI in secure IoT devices
- NTT DATA roll out immersive content with Jaunt's XR Platform
- ARRIS set-tops to power Bell Canada's MediaFirst deployment
- Service Electric Cablevision selects TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
- MX1 provides content aggregation for 1&1's cloud TV
- Liberty Latin America to buy 80% of Costa Rica's Cabletica
- DSCC and Insight Media launch 8K TV report
- JW Player launches Video Player Bidding with SpotX
- Videocon d2h adds 160,000 net subscribers in 4Q 2017
- Mediacom deploys Evolution Digital hybrid STBs
- RCN rolls-out 4K-enabled STBs in the Lehigh Valley
- Buckeye signs Elevate SaaS agreement with Espial
- Digicel PlayGo partners with Matrixstream for OTT Winter Olympics streaming
- IAB whitepaper explores use of blockchain for video advertising
- Yospace and Seven agree dynamic ad insertion deal for live OTT channels
- Espial signs large North American cable operator
- Sky, Adobe, TVbeat and Alphonso form TV data consortium
- ISSI acquires wired connectivity business of Sigma Designs