Silicon IP (CPU cores, audio/video IP, demodulator IP, …) News
Novatek adopts CEVA A/V DSP and software for Smart TV SoCs
Jan 6, 2020 – CEVA (NASDAQ: CEVA) has announced that Novatek has deployed its Audio DSP, voice front-end software, and speech recognition software to incorporate far-field voice wakeup and control functionality in its multi microphone enabled smart TV SoCs.
News categories: CEVA, Novatek, Moshe Sheier, CES2020, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Xperi and TiVo to combine in all-stock transaction
Dec 19, 2019 – Xperi (Nasdaq: XPER) and TiVo (Nasdaq: TIVO) have entered into a definitive agreement to combine to create a consumer and entertainment technology business with one of the industry’s largest intellectual property (IP) licensing platforms.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Xperi Corp, David Shull, Jon Kirchner, Big Data, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, MnA, Mobile, Patent, Silicon IP, Smart Home, UX, Worldwide
Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
Oct 16, 2019 – Allegro DVT has announced the acquisition of Amphion Semiconductor. The acquisition combines the capabilities of Allegro DVT's advanced video codec IPs with Amphion's silicon proven video decoder IPs.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Amphion Semi, Nouar Hamze, Stephen Farson, Digital TV, France, MnA, Silicon IP, UK, Worldwide
Verimatrix to sell Inside Secure silicon IP unit to Rambus
Sep 4, 2019 – Verimatrix (Euronext Paris: VMX) has announced that it has entered into an exclusivity agreement to sell its Silicon IP and Secure Protocols business unit to Rambus (NASDAQ: RMBS) for a transaction consideration of $65 million in cash.
News categories: Verimatrix, Rambus, Amedeo D'Angelo, Luc Seraphin, Content Protection, Digital TV, MnA, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Amphion extends IP family to support AV1 video decoding up to 4K/UHD
May 9, 2019 – Amphion has announced an AV1 decoding extension to its Malone family of high performance video decoders for SoC implementation. AV1 is the video coding format capable of delivering up to 30% better compression rates versus formats such as HEVC and VP9.
News categories: Amphion, Stephen Farson, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Arteris IP interconnect licensed by Samsung for DTV chips
Apr 23, 2019 – Arteris IP has announced that Samsung’s System LSI Business has renewed multiple Arteris IP FlexNoC Interconnect licenses for use in multiple high-performance digital TV (DTV) processing chips utilizing Samsung’s latest semiconductor technology process nodes.
News categories: Arteris IP, Samsung, K. Charles Janac, Jaeyoul Lee, Digital TV, Korea, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Allegro DVT introduces real-time AV1 encoder IP for 4K/UHD video
Apr 18, 2019 – Allegro DVT has announced the availability of its AL-E210 multi-format video encoder hardware IP which adds support for the new AV1 video format developed by the Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia). The AL-E210 is built on Allegro DVT's multi-core architecture.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nouar Hamze, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Worldwide
HiSilicon selects Inside Secure for secrets provisioning during manufacturing
Feb 27, 2019 – Inside Secure (Paris: INSD) has announced that HiSilicon has selected the Inside Secure Provisioning Platform. The platform enables HiSilicon and its customers to securely provision secrets to their products during manufacturing and throughout the device life cycle.
News categories: Inside Secure, HiSilicon, Martin Bergenwall, Content Protection, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Arteris IP interconnect used by NationalChip for STB SoCs
Feb 5, 2019 – Arteris IP has announced that NationalChip has successfully produced satellite and terrestrial digital TV set top box (STB) systems-on-chip (SoC) using Arteris FlexNoC interconnect IP as the on-chip communication backbone.
News categories: Arteris IP, NationalChip, K. Charles Janac, Feng Ye, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV