VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
Sep 14, 2019 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that ViewMedia will launch a digital broadcast platform on AMOS-17 located at 17°E. The platform will provide DVB-S2 broadcast services to West Africa for a primarily Francophone audience.
News categories: Spacecom, ViewMedia, Ido Ginsburg, Safia Rana, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, IBC2019, Satellite
ALi to release DVB-S2X SoC at IBC 2019
Sep 12, 2019 – ALi Corporation will launch F6A, a next-generation DVB-S2X SoC targeting India, APAC, Africa and Cenam/Latam at IBC. The F6A SoC is designed to meet global pay TV CA system requirements while offering HEVC, Ethernet and Full HD to enrich the viewing experience.
News categories: ALi Corp, Sophia Liang, Africa, Asia, Digital TV, DVB-S2, IBC2019, ICs, India, Latin America, Set Top Box
SES offers FTA platform for Brazil on SES-10
Jun 27, 2019 – TV viewers in Brazil can now receive channels via a free-to-air platform on SES-10 at 67°W. Broadcasters are able to send their content to SES’s teleport in Hortolândia and uplink to the satellite’s Ku-band capacity for transmission.
News categories: SES S.A, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Satellite
Skyworth Digital selected to supply latest Tata Sky DVB-S2 STB
Sep 16, 2018 – Skyworth Digital has been selected by Tata Sky to supply its latest DVB-S2 set-top box. Skyworth Digital continues to develop its network of partners throughout the pay-TV ecosystem, to reducee operator time-to-market.
News categories: Skyworth Digital, Tata Sky, Stephen Hau, Yigs Riza, Digital TV, DVB-S2, IBC2019, India, Set Top Box
US military launch MPEG-4 HD STBs with Inview middleware
Dec 4, 2017 – Inview and DigitalGlue have announced the launch of DigitalGlue’s MPEG-4 HD set-top boxes used by the American Forces Network (AFN). Inview’s middleware, integrated on all of the DVB-S2 STBs, provides the user interface for the twin tuner PVR.
News categories: Inview, DigitalGlue, Diego Martinez, Ray Rodriguez, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Tricolor TV and NEOTION enable public establishments in Russia to offer mobile TV
Nov 29, 2017 – Tricolor TV and NEOTION have launched a service for the B2B segment, called 'Territory of Tricolor TV', available within the footprint of Eutelsat 36C. Using NEOTION software and hardware, the service allows organizations to offer visitors access to Tricolor TV content on their mobile devices.
News categories: NEOTION, Tricolor TV, Olivier DEMOLY, Alexei Karpov, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Gateway, Mobile, Russia, Satellite
Arabsat announces FTA DVB-S2 platform on BADR-4
Jul 10, 2017 – Arabsat has announced the launch of its Free-To-Air DVB-S2 platform to carry premium and popular HD international channels, broadcast as Free-to-Air across the Middle East, North Africa & Europe via BADR-4.
News categories: Arabsat, Khalid Balkheyour, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Middle-East, Satellite
Creonic launches additional DVB-S2X IP cores
Apr 28, 2017 – Creonic has announced the launch of multiple IP cores for wideband satellite communication, satisfying current and future requirements of nanosatellites as well as high-throughput satellites (HTS).
News categories: Creonic, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Satellite, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
SES, Fraunhofer HHI and Newtec show 360° VR over DVB-S2X at NABShow
Apr 25, 2017 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG), together with Fraunhofer HHI and Newtec, will demonstrate an immersive Virtual Reality (VR) experience via a live 360-degree Ultra HD VR satellite broadcast at NAB 2017 in Las Vegas.
News categories: SES S.A, Fraunhofer, Newtec, Thomas Wrede, Ralf Schäfer, Hans Massart, Content Distribution, DVB-S2, NABShow, Satellite, USA, VR
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware