SES offers FTA platform for Brazil on SES-10
Jun 27, 2019 – TV viewers in Brazil can now receive channels via a free-to-air platform on SES-10 at 67°W. Broadcasters are able to send their content to SES’s teleport in Hortolândia and uplink to the satellite’s Ku-band capacity for transmission.
News categories: SES S.A, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Satellite
Skyworth Digital selected to supply latest Tata Sky DVB-S2 STB
Sep 16, 2018 – Skyworth Digital has been selected by Tata Sky to supply its latest DVB-S2 set-top box. Skyworth Digital continues to develop its network of partners throughout the pay-TV ecosystem, to reducee operator time-to-market.
News categories: Skyworth Digital, Tata Sky, Stephen Hau, Yigs Riza, Digital TV, DVB-S2, IBC2019, India, Set Top Box
US military launch MPEG-4 HD STBs with Inview middleware
Dec 4, 2017 – Inview and DigitalGlue have announced the launch of DigitalGlue’s MPEG-4 HD set-top boxes used by the American Forces Network (AFN). Inview’s middleware, integrated on all of the DVB-S2 STBs, provides the user interface for the twin tuner PVR.
News categories: Inview, DigitalGlue, Diego Martinez, Ray Rodriguez, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Tricolor TV and NEOTION enable public establishments in Russia to offer mobile TV
Nov 29, 2017 – Tricolor TV and NEOTION have launched a service for the B2B segment, called 'Territory of Tricolor TV', available within the footprint of Eutelsat 36C. Using NEOTION software and hardware, the service allows organizations to offer visitors access to Tricolor TV content on their mobile devices.
News categories: NEOTION, Tricolor TV, Olivier DEMOLY, Alexei Karpov, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Gateway, Mobile, Russia, Satellite
Arabsat announces FTA DVB-S2 platform on BADR-4
Jul 10, 2017 – Arabsat has announced the launch of its Free-To-Air DVB-S2 platform to carry premium and popular HD international channels, broadcast as Free-to-Air across the Middle East, North Africa & Europe via BADR-4.
News categories: Arabsat, Khalid Balkheyour, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Middle-East, Satellite
Creonic launches additional DVB-S2X IP cores
Apr 28, 2017 – Creonic has announced the launch of multiple IP cores for wideband satellite communication, satisfying current and future requirements of nanosatellites as well as high-throughput satellites (HTS).
News categories: Creonic, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Satellite, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
SES, Fraunhofer HHI and Newtec show 360° VR over DVB-S2X at NABShow
Apr 25, 2017 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG), together with Fraunhofer HHI and Newtec, will demonstrate an immersive Virtual Reality (VR) experience via a live 360-degree Ultra HD VR satellite broadcast at NAB 2017 in Las Vegas.
News categories: SES S.A, Fraunhofer, Newtec, Thomas Wrede, Ralf Schäfer, Hans Massart, Content Distribution, DVB-S2, NABShow, Satellite, USA, VR
VT iDirect tests next-generation DVB-S2X with SES
Mar 29, 2017 – VT iDirect has announced another successful over-the-air (OTA) test of its next-generation DVB-S2X technology. The test was conducted with the world-leading satellite operator, SES, over C-Band and achieved 5.7 bps/Hz.
News categories: VT iDirect, SES S.A, Wayne Haubner, Steven Cooper, Content Distribution, DVB-S2, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MaxLinear offers three-channel satellite receiver for HD/UHD PVRs
Sep 12, 2016 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced the MxL532C, a three-tuner satellite receiver for personal video recorder STBs. The MxL532C integrates MaxLinear’s Full-Spectrum Capture satellite tuner technology with three demodulators.
News categories: MaxLinear, Will Torgerson, Digital TV, DVB-S2, DVR, IBC2019, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019