Russia Digital TV News
ZEASN custom launcher and apps for BQ Smart TVs in Russia
Sep 7, 2020 – ZEASN has announced a partnership with Russian electronics brand, BQ. As part of the agreement, upcoming BQ smart TVs (under BQ and Blackton brands) will be equipped with ZEASN’s app portfolio.
News categories: ZEASN, BQ, Winson Chen, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Russia, Smart TV, UX
Bitmovin and Teleport Media upgrade streaming capabilities of Okko
Aug 27, 2020 – Bitmovin has partnered with Teleport Media to provide technology to Okko, one of the largest VOD services in Russia. Bitmovin and Teleport Media expertise and tools will allow Okko to upgrade its streaming services.
News categories: Bitmovin, Teleport Media, Okko, Chris Milne, Andrei Klimenko, Yana Bardintseva, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Russia
Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
Aug 3, 2020 – Two satellites, Express-80 and Express-103, ordered by the Russian Satellite Communications Company, have been launched from Baikonur cosmodrome. Full-scale functioning is scheduled to commence in January and February 2021.
News categories: RSCC, Yuri Prokhorov, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite
ZEASN unveils movie database and recommendation engine
Jun 12, 2020 – ZEASN has unveiled WhaleTime, a global movie database and recommendation engine. Users can browse content and WhaleTime will automatically show a menu to allow jumping to the corresponding streaming media platform.
News categories: ZEASN, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Russia, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
ivi selects Irdeto watermarking to protect OTT content
Jan 29, 2020 – Irdeto has announced that its TraceMark forensic watermarking solution has been chosen by ivi in a bid to fight online piracy. The partnership highlights Irdeto’s continued expansion into the Russian market, supporting local operators and content providers.
News categories: Irdeto, ivi, Shane McCarthy, Evgeni Rossinski, Digital TV, OTT, Russia, Watermarking
Pay-TV revenue in Russia up by 14.2% in 2018 year-on-year
Oct 31, 2019 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has released a report written by J’son and Partners Consulting on pay-TV and cord cutting in Russia. At the end of 2018, 43.2 million viewers were subscribed to Pay TV services in Russia, 3.1% more than in 2017.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, J’son and Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Global pay TV subscriptions up, revenues down
Sep 11, 2019 – Digital TV Research forecasts 60 million additional pay TV subscribers between 2018 and 2024 to take the global total to 1.08 billion. China will provide 19 million and India 26 million. The US will lose 14.4 million pay TV subscribers.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, China, Digital TV, Germany, India, Russia, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
NetByNet enhances viewing with streaming capabilities from VisualOn
Sep 10, 2019 – Russian telecommunications provider NetByNet is using the VisualOn Media Platform (VMP). The deployment enables NetByNet to deliver video playback on its Wifire service across all Android-enabled devices, including smartphones, smart TVs and STBs.
News categories: VisualOn, NetByNet, Yang Cai, Anastasiya Kiseleva, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Media Player, OTT, Russia, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Samsung announces support for HDR10+ on 8K
Sep 4, 2019 – Samsung has announced that it will support the world’s first 8K HDR10+ content, partnering with three European streaming services. CHILI, The Explorers and MEGOGO will adopt 8K HDR10+ along with support for 4K HDR10+.
News categories: Samsung, MEGOGO, Hyogun Lee, Victor Chekanov, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Russia, Smart TV
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution