Russia Digital TV News
Russia's TotalVideo to develop cable platform with SeaChange
Dec 20, 2018 – SeaChange (NASDAQ: SEAC) and TotalVideo plan to develop a multi-operator, multi-tenant hybrid OTT/DVB/IPTV platform that will enable video and cable providers in Russia to offer multi-screen services to their subscribers.
News categories: SeaChange, Ed Terino, Mikhail Silin, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Russia
Beeline chooses Broadpeak CDN for TV Everywhere service
Dec 19, 2018 – Broadpeak has announced that it has been selected to power Russia's Beeline TV. Using CDN solutions from Broadpeak, Beeline can deliver live, VOD, catch-up and start-over TV content to a wide range of subscribers.
News categories: Broadpeak, Beeline, Jacques Le Mancq, Oleg Karadzhi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Russia, TV Everywhere
Kaltura powers Beeline TV Everywhere service
Sep 12, 2018 – Kaltura has revealed that its Kaltura TV Platform is powering the newly-launched Beeline TV service from VimpelCom in Russia. The Kaltura TV Platform gives VimpelCom the technology to replace its legacy pay TV service and reach more devices and customers.
News categories: Kaltura, VimpelCom, Dr. Shay David, George Held, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia
Eastern European OTT revenues to triple
Aug 21, 2018 – According to Digital TV Research, OTT TV episode and movie revenues for Eastern European countries will reach $3.51 billion in 2023; more than triple the $1.01 billion recorded in 2017. Russia will then account for 40% of the region’s OTT revenues.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, OTT, Poland, Romania, Russia, Subscribers, Ukraine
WBSS chooses Friend MTS streaming security for Cruiserweight boxing final
Jul 18, 2018 – Friend MTS has announced that it has been selected by the World Boxing Super Series to provide security against streaming piracy for the upcoming Cruiserweight final, which will take place in Moscow on July 21 2018.
News categories: Friend MTS, World Boxing Super Series, Simon Williamson, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Russia, Worldwide
52.5 million pay TV subs for European former USSR countries in 1Q 2018
Jul 17, 2018 – According to Dataxis, Pay-TV subscriptions in former European USSR countries reached 53.2m in the first quarter of 2018, a 3% YoY growth. In line with global trends, cable TV is declining in all countries of the region (-2% YoY).
News categories: Dataxis, Armenia, Belarus, Cable TV, Digital TV, Estonia, Georgia, IPTV, Latvia, Lithuania, Market Research, Moldova, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Ukraine
60 million pay TV subscribers for Europe's ex-USSR countries in 2023
May 24, 2018 – According to Dataxis, pay TV in the European ex-USSR region will grow at a 1.6% CAGR between 2017 and 2023 to reach 59.7 million subscribers. The Russian market represents 80% of the total today and its share should remain stable until the end of the period.
News categories: Dataxis, Baltics, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Russia, Subscribers
Cifra chooses StarForce C++ Obfuscator to protect CAS and DRM libraries
May 14, 2018 – Cifra, a developer of solutions in digital TV and conditional access for content and multimedia services, has chosen StarForce C++ Obfuscator to protect the code in its CAS and DRM libraries. The product prevents cracking the program by adding unauthorized changes.
News categories: StarForce, Cifra, Natalia Yashenkova, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Russia
Eastern Europe digital pay TV subscribers to grow 27% between 2017 and 2023
Mar 19, 2018 – The number of digital pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe will increase from 25.49 million in 2010 to 61.57 million in 2017 and onto 78.08 million by 2023, according to a new Digital TV Research report.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Russia, Subscribers
- beIN dispute hits MENA pay TV subscribers
- Steady growth masks seismic shifts in US video and TV market
- BlackBerry joins the Velos Media licensing platform
- Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
- BritBox surpasses half a million subscribers
- DAZN drives global growth via social video with Grabyo
- Euskaltel decoders now integrate Amazon Prime Video
- Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
- OTT TV market far from being saturated
- TDG research shows sensitivity of Netflix subscribers to price rises
- Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
- Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
- 16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
- OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
- Mediamorph achieves record customer acquisitions in 2018
- Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
- ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
- SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
- Mirada multiscreen solution launches at One Communications in Bermuda
- Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV