Russia Digital TV News
ivi selects Irdeto watermarking to protect OTT content
Jan 29, 2020 – Irdeto has announced that its TraceMark forensic watermarking solution has been chosen by ivi in a bid to fight online piracy. The partnership highlights Irdeto’s continued expansion into the Russian market, supporting local operators and content providers.
News categories: Irdeto, ivi, Shane McCarthy, Evgeni Rossinski, Digital TV, OTT, Russia, Watermarking
Pay-TV revenue in Russia up by 14.2% in 2018 year-on-year
Oct 31, 2019 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has released a report written by J’son and Partners Consulting on pay-TV and cord cutting in Russia. At the end of 2018, 43.2 million viewers were subscribed to Pay TV services in Russia, 3.1% more than in 2017.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, J’son and Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Global pay TV subscriptions up, revenues down
Sep 11, 2019 – Digital TV Research forecasts 60 million additional pay TV subscribers between 2018 and 2024 to take the global total to 1.08 billion. China will provide 19 million and India 26 million. The US will lose 14.4 million pay TV subscribers.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, China, Digital TV, Germany, India, Russia, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
NetByNet enhances viewing with streaming capabilities from VisualOn
Sep 10, 2019 – Russian telecommunications provider NetByNet is using the VisualOn Media Platform (VMP). The deployment enables NetByNet to deliver video playback on its Wifire service across all Android-enabled devices, including smartphones, smart TVs and STBs.
News categories: VisualOn, NetByNet, Yang Cai, Anastasiya Kiseleva, Digital TV, IBC2019, Media Player, OTT, Russia, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Samsung announces support for HDR10+ on 8K
Sep 4, 2019 – Samsung has announced that it will support the world’s first 8K HDR10+ content, partnering with three European streaming services. CHILI, The Explorers and MEGOGO will adopt 8K HDR10+ along with support for 4K HDR10+.
News categories: Samsung, MEGOGO, Hyogun Lee, Victor Chekanov, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Russia, Smart TV
Over 750,000 subscribers for MTS Satellite TV in Russia
Aug 1, 2019 – Russian telecommunications operator MTS (NYSE: MBT, MOEX: MTSS), has announced that the subscriber base of its MTS Satellite TV service has increased by one and a half times compared with the first half of 2018 to reach 752,000.
News categories: MTS, Alexei Ivanov, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Pay TV subscriber growth slows in Russia in 2Q 2019
Jul 29, 2019 – According to TelecomDaily the number of pay TV subscribers added in Russia in Q2 2019 was 80,000, down from 150,000 in the first quarter of the year. At the end of the quarter there were 43.605 million subscriptions in the country.
News categories: TelecomDaily, Digital TV, Russia, Subscribers
Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
Jul 17, 2019 – Cifra and Flussonic have launched a project involving the installation of DRM and IPTV middleware on client devices using the Flussonic Media Server broadcasting platform. The integrated solution will make it possible to offer commercial OTT or IPTV streaming.
News categories: Flussonic, Cifra, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Russia
Global pay TV subscriptions to grow to 1.10 billion by 2024
Jun 13, 2019 – Digital TV Research forecasts 81 million additional pay TV subscribers between 2018 and 2024 - up by 8%. This will take the global total to 1.10 billion. Based on forecasts for 138 countries, the number of pay TV subs passed 1 billion in 2018.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, China, Digital TV, Germany, India, Market Research, Russia, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
- 2020 semiconductor market to decline 0.9% due to coronavirus
- Over 11,000 TV channels were available in Europe in 2019
- Disney+ already at 50 million subscribers
- Crave now available on Roku devices in Canada
- Vodafone selects Synamedia for global cloud TV platform
- Neustar and iSpot.tv unify TV and digital attribution
- Comscore and JW Player partner on contextual targeting for video advertising
- Taiwan Broadband Communications adds HBO GO
- AR/VR IC market to grow to $7.75bn by 2026 at 23.3% CAGR
- 24i powers streaming video experience for Topic
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- SVOD and T-VOD drive Korean market to new levels
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- NZ: Netflix, Lightbox and Prime Video double viewership in 2019
- KT to build IPTV service for 3BB TV in Thailand
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- US: 44% with a vMVPD switched from a traditional pay TV service
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv