India Digital TV News
TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
Nov 11, 2019 – The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has released a consultation paper on set-top box interoperability for digital TV broadcasting. A paper has been issued to elicit responses on the best solution for the implementation phase.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Set Top Box
YuppTV joins forces with BSNL for triple play services
Oct 21, 2019 – YuppTV is working with Indian broadband provider BSNL. The pair have entered into a triple play partnership for video and broadband technology services. YuppTV offers Live TV channels and catch-up, movies and exclusive originals.
News categories: YuppTV, BSNL, Uday Reddy, Pravin Kumar Purwar, Vivek Banzal, Digital TV, Fibre, India, IPTV
GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
Oct 15, 2019 – GTPL Hathway Limited (GTPL) has announced results for its second quarter and half year ended on September 30, 2019. Digital CATV paying subscribers at period-end stood at 7.25 million, up by 150,000 in the quarter.
News categories: GTPL Hathway, Anirudhsinhji Jadeja, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
Oct 11, 2019 – Dish TV India has launched an Android-based HD Set Top Box and a Voice enabled Alexa Built-in smart kit. The smart kit dongle allows subscribers to access OTT Apps and Alexa skills on their existing set top boxes.
News categories: Dish TV India, Anil Dua, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Dish TV India to launch hybrid set-top box with Amazon Prime Video
Oct 7, 2019 – Dish TV India has collaborated with Amazon Prime Video to offer Prime Video app to its Dish TV and d2h subscribers on its soon-to-be-launched hybrid set-top box. Through the deal, Dish TV and d2h subscribers will be able to seamlessly access Amazon Prime Video app on their TV.
News categories: Dish TV India, Prime Video, Anil Dua, Gaurav Gandhi, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT, Set Top Box
SonyLIV to be available on CloudWalker Smart TVs in India
Oct 4, 2019 – SonyLIV has tied up with CloudWalker to offer its content library on the latter's Smart TV devices. Starting October 2019, content from the repertoire of SonyLIV will be available on a range of CloudWalker Smart TVs redefining big screen entertainment for Indian families.
News categories: SonyLIV, CloudWalker, Uday Sodhi, Jagdish Rajpurohit, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT, Smart TV
ZEE5 chooses Applicaster to enhance the app experience
Oct 3, 2019 – Applicaster has been chosen by ZEE5 to enhance the user experience and application experience. The partnership will focus on updating the ZEE5 app interface to mirror the evolving preferences of the new-age OTT viewer using Applicaster’s Zapp platform.
News categories: Applicaster, ZEE5, Jonathan Laor, Rajneel Kumar, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT
India Q2 2019 pay DTH average active subscriber base at 54.26 million
Oct 1, 2019 – According to figures submitted to TRAI, Pay DTH had an average active subscriber base of around 54.26 million in the quarter ended 30th June, 2019. This is in addition to the subscribers of DTH Free Dish (free DTH services of Doordarshan).
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
Video to drive content consumption in India
Oct 1, 2019 – Zinnov has released a report that analyzes the changing content consumption patterns of Indian consumers, the rise of Indian content platform players, and the intersection of content and commerce as well as other evolving business models.
News categories: Zinnov, Praveen Bhadada, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Mobile
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
- Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
- NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
- NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
- TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
- Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
- BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
- Looper Insights adds set-top box VOD store content visibility
- MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
- BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
- Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
- Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
- Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
- U.S. pay TV household penetration down to 75%
- Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
- NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
- Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA