Indonesia Digital TV News
iflix app to be available on Foxxum-enabled devices in emerging markets
Apr 13, 2019 – Foxxum has announced a partnership with iflix. As part of the deal, the iflix app will be made available on Foxxum-enabled devices in key markets including Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines. The deal will deliver iflix content to millions of connected devices.
News categories: Foxxum, iflix, Ronny Lutzi, Goncalo Carvalho, Apps, Digital TV, Indonesia, Malaysia, OTT, Philippines, Smart TV
29% of Indonesian consumers use pirated TV boxes
Mar 21, 2019 – In a study of online viewing behaviour of Indonesian consumers, it was revealed that 29% of consumers use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content. The boxes allow users to access pirated TV channels and VOD content.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Louis Boswell, Roy Soetanto, Content Protection, Digital TV, Indonesia, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box
SDMC provides technology for Telkom Indonesia's IndiBox
Feb 2, 2019 – SDMC has announced a collaboration with Telkom in Indonesia. The companies have signed a cooperation agreement for OTT TV platform development and the deployment of Android TV set-top boxes for Telkom's IndiBox project.
News categories: SDMC, Telkom Indonesia, Android TV, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT, Set Top Box
Telkomsel and iflix launch carrier billing as partnership first step
Nov 15, 2018 – iflix in partnership with PT Telekomunikasi Selular (Telkomsel), has announced the first step of a multi-phase strategic partnership with integrated carrier billing to make iflixVIP available to Telkomsel subscribers throughout Indonesia.
News categories: iflix, Telkomsel, Jason Monteiro, Crispin Tristra, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT
Indonesia's Metranet selects Brightcove for streaming to its OONA app
Oct 7, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that its video platform has been selected by Metranet, a subsidiary of Telkom Indonesia, to launch OONA, a mobile app designed to deliver both live linear and VOD experiences to audiences on the go.
News categories: Brightcove, Metranet, OONA, Ben Morrell, Widi Nugroho, Advertising, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT
iflix and Wattpad to produce movies based on Wattpad stories from Indonesia
Aug 15, 2018 – iflix and Wattpad have announced a content partnership to bring Wattpad stories to millions of iflix users across Asia, the Middle East, and Africa. Over the next year, iflix and Wattpad will co-produce original movies based on Wattpad stories from Indonesia.
News categories: iflix, Wattpad, Sean Carey, Aron Levitz, Africa, Asia, Big Data, Digital TV, Indonesia, Middle-East
Casbaa releases updated pay TV and OTT Regulatory Review for Asia
Jul 19, 2018 – Casbaa has released a review of OTT and regulatory policies for the video industry around Asia. Based on a year-long study of legal frameworks and government policies, Casbaa has examined key issues in regulation of the pay TV and online video industry.
News categories: Casbaa, Louis Boswell, John Medeiros, Australia, Cambodia, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, USA, Vietnam
Telkom Indonesia launches OONA mobile TV app with Brightcove
Jul 16, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that its video platform has been selected by Metranet Telkom Indonesia to launch OONA, a mobile app designed to deliver both live linear and VOD experiences to audiences on the go.
News categories: Brightcove, Telkom Indonesia, OONA, Ben Morrell, Joddy Hernady, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Mobile, OTT
Transvision selects Irdeto security for DTH Android TV offering
Jun 27, 2018 – Indonesia's Transvision has selected Irdeto to securely deliver DTH content via its Android TV platform. Irdeto Armor for Android TV helps Transvision formulate and execute the right strategy to protect its ecosystem while ensuring the best customer experience.
News categories: Irdeto, Transvision, Jay Ganesan, Hengkie Liwanto, Android TV, ConnecTechAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, Indonesia, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Interra Systems adds support for Dolby Vision to its QC platform
- Global SVoD revenues to grow 25% in 2019 to $36bn
- Rohde & Schwarz wins DVB-T2 transmitter contract in Egypt
- Allegro DVT introduces real-time AV1 encoder IP for 4K/UHD video
- Double digit growth for flat panel displays in 2018
- FreeWheel and A+E Networks pilot unified ad decisioning engine
- GatesAir and Foccus Digital upgrade ISDB-Tb transmitters for TV Record in Brazil
- Global 5G smartphone shipments to reach 5 million units in 2019
- Atlantic Broadband brings new TiVo experience to Low Country area of South Carolina
- Deltatre releases report on sports streaming
- Shemaroo enters the US market with ShemarooMe VOD launch
- Philo unveils connected TV ad platform
- Swisscom switches on Switzerland’s first 5G network
- US SVOD subscriptions to reach 270 million
- Premium video solidifies its position in the European marketplace
- Amazon bulk certifies Espial Elevate operators for Alexa voice control
- ACCESS acquires NetRange
- AT&T sells Hulu minority stake back to Hulu
- Witbe implements Nielsen Watermark Detection
- TekSavvy TV launching in Toronto