Fibre / Fiber (FTTN, FTTC, FTTB, FTTH, FTTK, FTTP) News
StarHub TV+ service and set-top box launched
Sep 10, 2020 – StarHub has announced StarHub TV+ is an all-in-one offering giving customers streaming services, apps and TV programmes through a single platform. The service is supported by a new StarHub TV+ Box bsaed on Android TV.
News categories: StarHub, Johan Buse, Android TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Set Top Box, Singapore, TV Everywhere
Inverto releases solution for RF video overlay distribution via FTTH
Jul 21, 2020 – Inverto has announced the launch of Unifiber - a product family addressing the increasing demand for reliable, high quality and cost effective solutions for distributing TV services over FTTH networks.
News categories: Inverto, Christophe Perini, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, Worldwide
Safaricom launches Android TV streaming box
Jul 8, 2020 – Safaricom has launched an Android TV box as part of a strategy to bring its fibre service to more homes. The box equips any TV with the capability to stream content from YouTube, Netflix and other Android TV apps.
News categories: Safaricom, Ematic, Peter Ndegwa, Android TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Kenya, Set Top Box
Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
Jul 7, 2020 – Netgem has acquired the assets of Comcable, a French fibre network operator. Netgem’s local subsidiary will manage the 3,500 subscribers taken over, and will provide them with its TV streaming service and 4K Box.
News categories: Netgem, Comcable, Mathias Hautefort, Philippe Le Gall, Digital TV, Fibre, France, MnA
World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
May 22, 2020 – Researchers from Monash, Swinburne and RMIT universities have tested and recorded Australia's fastest internet data speed, and that of the world, from a single optical chip - capable of downloading 1000 HD movies in a split second.
News categories: Monash University, RMIT University, Swinburne University, Dr Bill Corcoran, Professor Arnan Mitchell, Professor David Moss, Australia, Broadband, Fibre, Worldwide
Astro Malaysia makes Ultra Box available to IPTV customers
May 19, 2020 – Astro Malaysia has announced that its Ultra Box is now available to Astro IPTV customers on fibre. The Ultra experience includes 4K UHD, Cloud Recording and a new user interface that is seamless across device screens.
News categories: Astro, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Malaysia, Set Top Box, UX
WOW! streaming partnerships to help customers cut the cord
Feb 25, 2020 – In partnership with fuboTV, Philo, Sling TV and YouTube TV, WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone (NYSE: WOW) is helping customers cut the cord with a free Amazon Fire TV Stick, allowing them to access the streaming services over WOW!’s broadband HSD network.
News categories: WOW!, Teresa Elder, Digital TV, Fibre, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
Jan 15, 2020 – Cincinnati Bell has announced a partnership with YouTube TV that will allow Cincinnati Bell and Hawaiian Telcom customers to stream content via Cincinnati Bell's fiber network. YouTube TV offers live TV that can be watched on any screen.
News categories: Cincinnati Bell, YouTube TV, Tom Simpson, Digital TV, Fibre, OTT, USA
YuppTV joins forces with BSNL for triple play services
Oct 21, 2019 – YuppTV is working with Indian broadband provider BSNL. The pair have entered into a triple play partnership for video and broadband technology services. YuppTV offers Live TV channels and catch-up, movies and exclusive originals.
News categories: YuppTV, BSNL, Uday Reddy, Pravin Kumar Purwar, Vivek Banzal, Digital TV, Fibre, India, IPTV
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0