Fibre / Fiber (FTTN, FTTC, FTTB, FTTH, FTTK, FTTP) News
SKY Fiber launches new speed plans and the Philippines' first all-in box
Sep 4, 2019 – SKY Fiber has announced an All-In Box to go with its new Super Speed broadband plans. The first of its kind in the Philippines, the device combines the power of a WiFi-enabled modem, digital terrestrial TV, and cable TV modem for total entertainment.
News categories: SKY Cable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Philippines, Set Top Box
Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
Aug 14, 2019 – Consolidated Communications (NASDAQ: CNSL) has announced the launch of TV service in its Ancram and Austerlitz, New York, service areas over its new Fiber-to-the-Premises 1 Gig network. The expansion is in addition to the Company’s recent launch of TV service in Ghent, New York.
News categories: Consolidated Communications, Rob Koester, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, USA
Entel deploys Amino to power Bolivia’s first nationwide IPTV rollout
May 30, 2019 – Entel, the national telecommunications operator in Bolivia, has begun a major deployment of AminoVU set-top boxes running on AminoOS to deliver IPTV services across its newly deployed fiber network, which covers almost 100% of the country.
News categories: Amino, Entel, Donald McGarva, Bolivia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Fibre, Middleware, Set Top Box
Fastway's Netplus to deploy Nokia GPON technology in India
May 27, 2019 – Netplus will roll out Nokia's GPON technology across India with initial deployments starting in the states of Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh. The upgraded network will allow Netplus subscribers to enjoy ultra-broadband IPTV and quad-play services.
News categories: Nokia, Fastway, Vinish Bawa, Prem Ojha, Fibre, India
StarHub pay TV subscribers down 15,000 in 1Q 2019
May 3, 2019 – StarHub has announced results for the first quarter of 2019. As of 31 March 2019, Pay TV households stood at 394,000 after the quarter's net churn of 15,000 households. Compared to a year ago, Pay TV households were lower by 55,000.
News categories: StarHub, Peter Kaliaropoulos, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Results, Singapore, Subscribers
CenturyLink fiber network helps get video in and out of Google Cloud
Apr 4, 2019 – CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) has announced that its Vyvx suite of fiber-based broadcast services now provides secure, high-performance connectivity into Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Vyvx Cloud Connect provides a path for getting live and linear video in and out of the cloud.
News categories: CenturyLink, Google Cloud, Bill Wohnoutka, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, USA, Worldwide
FTTH Council Europe updates FTTH/FTTB figures
Mar 14, 2019 – The latest FTTH Market Panorama prepared by IDATE has been released. The number of FTTH and FTTB subscribers in Europe has increased by 15.7% in the EU39 since September 2017 with more than 59.6 million FTTH/B subscribers in September 2018.
News categories: FTTH Council, Ronan Kelly, Europe, Fibre, Subscribers, Worldwide
ZTE and Netgem to jointly address the European fibre market
Mar 12, 2019 – Netgem and ZTE have partnered to offer connected home solutions to European fibre operators. ZTE will provide devices, production capability and financing. Netgem will provide software assets, content relationships and integration expertise.
News categories: Netgem, ZTE, Joseph Haddad, Fang Hui, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Fibre, Set Top Box, UX
Televisa acquires part of Axtel's residential FTTH business
Dec 18, 2018 – Grupo Televisa (NYSE:TV; BMV:TLEVISA CPO) has acquired from Axtel its residential fiber-to-the- home business and related assets in Mexico City, Zapopan, Monterrey, Aguascalientes, San Luis Potosi and Ciudad Juarez.
News categories: Televisa, Axtel, Fibre, Mexico, MnA
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box