Switzerland Digital TV News
Switzerland's AMB chooses ZATTOO for multiscreen IPTV service
Jul 16, 2020 – ZATTOO has announced that Azienda Multiservizi Bellinzona (AMB) has chosen ZATTOO to deliver its next generation TV service. In combination with its FTTH products, AMB is launching a multiscreen IPTV service under the name WamboTV.
News categories: ZATTOO, Azienda Multiservizi Bellinzona, Wambo, Julian Hens, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Switzerland
STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
Jun 30, 2020 – UPC is the first telecommunications provider in Switzerland to integrate the STARZPLAY streaming service. The service is available on the new UPC TV Box, and can also be viewed on the go via the UPC TV App.
News categories: UPC, Starz, Stefan Fuchs, Superna Kalle, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Switzerland
SRG SSR chooses Kaltura to power Cloud TV service in Switzerland
Jun 16, 2020 – Kaltura has announced that SRG SSR, Switzerland’s national public broadcaster, has selected Kaltura TV Platform as the basis on which to build its new multi-language Cloud TV service, named 'Play Suisse'.
News categories: Kaltura, SRG SSR, Nuno Sanches, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Switzerland
Blick TV launches in Switzerland powered by Brightcove
May 5, 2020 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that Swiss digital TV channel, Blick TV, is running on Brightcove Live and Video Cloud. The newly launched service offers viewers both live and VOD viewing online, as well as in the Blick app for mobile devices.
News categories: Brightcove, Blick TV, Justin Barrett, Thomas Spiegel, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Switzerland
Disney+ rolls out in Europe
Mar 24, 2020 – Disney+ has launched in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Austria, and Switzerland. The service will launch in France on April 7th. Audiences can stream Disney+ on nearly all major mobile and connected TV devices.
News categories: Disney+, Kevin Mayer, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Games Console, Germany, Ireland, Italy, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Spain, Switzerland, Tablet, UK
UPC TV app now on Apple TV, Android TV and Amazon Fire
Mar 2, 2020 – UPC TV customers in Switzerland can now benefit from more freedom and flexibility – at no extra charge: all users can now enjoy UPC TV content on additional devices such as Apple TV, Android TV or Amazon Fire TV.
News categories: UPC, Stefan Fuchs, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Switzerland, TV Everywhere
'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
Jan 23, 2020 – Swisscom has announced that with its ‘Swisscom TV X’ service,it is one of the first to provide an interface that incorporates Netflix programming and TV content. The companies are also working closely together on further innovations.
News categories: Swisscom, Netflix, Dirk Wierzbitzki, Rene Rummel-Mergeryan, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Switzerland, UX
Liberty Global abandons attempt to combine UPC Switzerland with Sunrise
Dec 17, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced that it has terminated discussions regarding the combination of UPC Switzerland and Sunrise Communications. The deal was initially announced on February 27, 2019.
News categories: Liberty Global, Sunrise Communications, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Switzerland
Artificial Solutions powers voice assistant in new Swisscom Box
Dec 3, 2019 – Artificial Solutions (SSME:ASAI) has announced that it is powering the voice assistant in the recently launched Swisscom Box. The voice assistant enables customers to control various Swisscom TV functions.
News categories: Artificial Solutions, Swisscom, Andy Peart, Nina Carey-Hodges, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Switzerland
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria