Switzerland Digital TV News
Sunrise discussing possible UPC Schweiz acquisition with Liberty Global
Feb 5, 2019 – Sunrise Communications has noted recent media and market speculation regarding a potential transaction with UPC Schweiz, a subsidiary of Liberty Global. Sunrise confirms it is in discussions regarding a possible acquisition.
News categories: Sunrise Communications, UPC, Liberty Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Switzerland
UPC Switzerland launches new TV experience
Oct 3, 2018 – UPC is adding the new and unique UPC TV to its HAPPY HOME portfolio. This offers customers an intelligent, simple and user-friendly TV experience with first-class and exclusive content – all for the same price as before.
News categories: UPC, Severina Pascu, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Switzerland, UX
Salt Mobile introduces 4K/UHD on Apple TV with ZATTOO
Sep 14, 2018 – In the spring of 2018, Salt introduced a TV service in Switzerland powered by ZATTOO and using an Apple TV 4K Box as the client. The service will be expanded next month to include 4K/UHD content via the ZATTOO platform.
News categories: ZATTOO, Salt Mobile, Gernot Jaeger, Pascal Grieder, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Switzerland
Pay-TV and video see rising demand throughout the German-speaking territories
Jul 25, 2018 – Pay-TV and video services continue to record rising demand throughout the German-speaking territories and are investing to an increasing extent in local in-house productions. These are the key findings of market analysis presented by VAUNET - the German Media Association (formerly VPRT).
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Hannes Heyelmann, Katharina Behrends, Marcus Ammon, Dr. Patrick Hörl, Susanne Aigner-Drews, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Switzerland
ATEME enables Swisscom’s MediaCloud video headend
May 22, 2018 – ATEME has announced that Swisscom has selected ATEME’s TITAN virtual encoding solution for its MediaCloud project. The project’s aim is to build a virtualized IPTV video headend based on video transcoding of numerous TV input formats.
News categories: ATEME, Swisscom, Claude Stoffel, Bruno Haug, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Switzerland
Switzerland's net+ delivers OTT multiscreen with VO Player
Feb 20, 2018 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that Switzerland's net+ has launched a multiscreen service powered by VO Player. VO's video player enables net+ to deliver a unified viewer experience across Android and iOS devices, as well as on PCs and Macs via web browsers.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, net+, Benoit Brieussel, Romain Lonfat, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Switzerland
SoftAtHome Smart Wi-Fi powers Swisscom WLAN-Box
Dec 12, 2017 – SoftAtHome has announced that its Smart Wi-Fi solution powers the Swiss incumbent’s new WLAN-Box. The all-new WLAN-Box is a 3-in-1 Access Point device (Repeater, Extender, Video bridge) improving Wi-Fi reception throughout the home.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Swisscom, David Viret-Lange, Marcel Burgherr, CPE, Smart Home, Switzerland
Witbe and Divitel offer QoE management in Benelux & DACH
Nov 21, 2017 – Witbe and Divitel have become partners to offer managed testing and monitoring services for customers in Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Witbe products are used at Divitel’s TV and Video Application Lifecycle Testlab.
News categories: Witbe, Divitel, Marie-Veronique Lacaze, Hans Kornmann, Austria, Belgium, Digital TV, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, QoE, Switzerland
Swisscom TV upgrades UX with WLAN-Box and Entertainment OS3
Nov 15, 2017 – Swisscom TV has launched a new user interface for personal entertainment. The new versatile WLAN-Box closes gaps in reception and cuts back on wire, while Swisscom’s Internet Guard improves the protection of customer devices from the dangers on the Internet.
News categories: Swisscom, Dirk Wierzbitzki, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Middleware, Smart Home, Switzerland
- Afghanistan Broadcasting System selects EUTELSAT 53A as its DTH platform
- StarHub pay TV households down 49,000 in 2018
- Encoding.com selected by Akamai as preferred partner for VOD transcoding
- U.S. smart speaker sales will exceed 64 million in 2022
- Brightcove to acquire Ooyala’s online video platform business
- DISH TV down ~380k; Sling TV up ~50k subs in 4Q 2018
- TVSquared partners with TiVo for deterministic attribution
- Telenet designs new YUGO bundle entirely around the smartphone
- FreeWheel chooses Nielsen to power audience-based multiscreen TV advertising
- GTPL Hathway adds 170,000 CATV digital subscribers in 4Q 2018
- Tastemade expands linear OTT footprint with Amagi
- FreeWheel Council for Premium Video Europe releases paper on programmatic technology
- Ethiopian broadcasters take video capacity on EUTELSAT 8 West B
- Survey finds one in four Malaysian consumers use pirate TV boxes
- Digital Voice Assistants in use to triple to 8 billion by 2023
- Amazon to acquire mesh WiFi company, eero
- LiveRamp expands identity solution to include connected TV
- CuriosityStream raises $140M in private placement
- Hong Kong to begin analogue TV switch off on November 30, 2020
- China's online video subscribers to surpass 300 million in 2019