Austria Digital TV News
ProSiebenSat.1 selects AWS as primary cloud provider
Nov 27, 2019 – Amazon Web Services (AWS) (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced that ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE has selected AWS as its primary cloud provider. ProSiebenSat.1 is working with AWS to adopt cloud services within all parts of its broadcast and digital media businesses, production companies, and e-commerce platforms.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, ProSiebenSat.1, Andy Isherwood, Nick Thexton, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, Switzerland
Bitmovin receives €20 million of funding from EIB
Nov 12, 2019 – The European Investment Bank (EIB) is providing financing of up to €20 million to Bitmovin. The project will allow Bitmovin to strengthen its R&D and product development team in Austria and support investments in sales and marketing.
News categories: Bitmovin, EIB, Stefan Lederer, Andrew McDowell, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finance, Worldwide
Panasonic and M7 launch HbbTV Operator App
Oct 23, 2019 – Panasonic and the M7 Group have announced a partnership to support the HbbTV Operator App specification. As a result of the cooperation, an HbbTV Operator Apps running on Panasonic TVs is available for Diveo in Germany and for HD Austria.
News categories: Panasonic, M7 Group, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Satellite, Smart TV
Salzburg AG launches 'TV Plus' IPTV with Ocilion
Oct 10, 2019 – Ocilion and Salzburg AG have jointly rolled out 'TV Plus' IPTV service in Salzburg and parts of Styria. The offer includes a 4K Set Top Box, remote control, mobile app, replay TV, PVR, HD channels and a video library with the latest movies.
News categories: Ocilion, Salzburg AG, Hans Kühberger, Martin Pölzgutter, Apps, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
Sep 17, 2019 – LIWEST Kabelmedien has deployed Ocilion’s IPTV solutions integrated with Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) security. LIWEST joins kabelplus and Salzburg AG as the third Austrian operator to leverage the combined strengths of the partner companies.
News categories: Verimatrix, Ocilion, LIWEST, Steve Oetegenn, Hans Kühberger, Philipp-Thomas Müller, Austria, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box
A1 streams 8K video via 5G for the first time ever in Austria
Aug 26, 2019 – At the European Forum Alpbach 2019, A1 streamed an 8K video via the A1 5G network for the first time ever in Austria. Together with Nokia and Samsung, A1 presented one of the many fields of application for the new mobile technology.
News categories: A1 Telekom, Nokia, Samsung, Thomas Arnoldner, Marcus Grausam, 5G, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019
Aug 8, 2019 – Deutsche Telekom has released results for the second quarter of 2019. In Germany, 58,000 new MagentaTV customers were recorded in the quarter, taking the total number to 3.477 million, an increase of 7.3 percent compared with June 2018.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Austria, Cable TV, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers
Verimatrix and Ocilion partner for IPTV delivery in Austria
Jun 5, 2019 – Verimatrix and Ocilion have announced two Austrian operators as their latest customers. kabelplus and Salzburg AG have each selected on-premise IPTV solutions from Ocilion that are secured by Verimatrix, enabling flexible and future-proof video delivery.
News categories: Verimatrix, Ocilion, kabelplus, Salzburg AG, Steve Oetegenn, Hans Kühberger, Austria, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV
CANAL+ Group to acquire M7
May 27, 2019 – CANAL+ Group has announces the acquisition of M7, owned by Astorg. M7 is an aggregator and distributor of local and international channels via satellite and OTT platforms with a presence in the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania.
News categories: CANAL+ Group, M7 Group, Maxime Saada, Jacques du Puy, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, MnA, Netherlands, OTT, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA