Latin America Digital TV News
RecordTV uses MediaKind IRD for 2019 Pan American Games coverage
Sep 13, 2019 – MediaKind was selected by Brazilian TV network RecordTV to enable its delivery of over 1,000 hours of programming of the 18th Pan American Games, across its Play Plus streaming services, R7 news portal and Record News and RecordTV channels.
News categories: MediaKind, RecordTV, Avicom Engenharia, Clayton Cruz, Sergio Bruzetti, Geraldo Marques, Jaime Ferreira, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Satellite
NAGRA enables cloud-based OTT for Montecable in Uruguay
Sep 13, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Montecable has deployed NAGRA's cloud-based Conax GO Live solution to enable new features for its pay-TV service in Uruguay, including Android TV support and video-on-demand (VOD).
News categories: NAGRA, Montecable, BOLD MSS, Tom Wirth, Federico Carballal, Ariel Droyeski, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, TV Everywhere, Uruguay
Liberty Latin America selects TiVo for roll out in Puerto Rico
Sep 13, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Liberty Latin America has selected TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform for its video customers in Puerto Rico. Liberty Latin America also plans to launch the platform in other markets across Latin America.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Liberty Latin America, Dave Shull, Vivek Khemka, Cable TV, Digital TV, Latin America, Puerto Rico, Set Top Box, UX
Anevia completes OTT platform expansion with COLSECOR in Argentina
Sep 12, 2019 – Anevia has announced the completion of an OTT platform expansion for COLSECOR in Argentina. The expanded system will increase the capacity of COLSECOR’s Sensa platform which currently offers its subscribers more than 80 live OTT channels.
News categories: Anevia, COLSECOR, Grégory Samson, Miguel Factor, Argentina, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
ALi to release DVB-S2X SoC at IBC 2019
Sep 12, 2019 – ALi Corporation will launch F6A, a next-generation DVB-S2X SoC targeting India, APAC, Africa and Cenam/Latam at IBC. The F6A SoC is designed to meet global pay TV CA system requirements while offering HEVC, Ethernet and Full HD to enrich the viewing experience.
News categories: ALi Corp, Sophia Liang, Africa, Asia, Digital TV, DVB-S2, IBC2019, ICs, India, Latin America, Set Top Box
Pay TV penetration in the Americas to drop to 48.8% in 2023
Sep 4, 2019 – Pay-TV household penetration in the Americas is expected to decline from 53.2% in 2018 to 48.8% in 2023 due to ongoing cord-cutting trends in North America, according to GlobalData. In 2018, the global average stood at 55.3%.
News categories: GlobalData, Eulalia Marín-Sorribes, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, North America
MPEG-H Audio added to SBTVD's ISDB-Tb specifications
Aug 27, 2019 – The SBTVD Forum has selected MPEG-H Audio for inclusion as an additional audio system in the ISDB-Tb specification. This allows broadcasters to simulcast MPEG-H Audio alongside the existing AAC audio.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, EiTV, ATEME, Adrian Murtaza, Brazil, Digital TV, Latin America, SBTVD, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
Aug 22, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), in partnership with MTM, has released the key findings of the Latin American edition of the 2019 Pay-TV Innovation Forum. The report explores the key trends and developments affecting the region, as well as the challenges and opportunities.
News categories: NAGRA, MTM, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research
Brazil pay TV subscribers down in 528k in 2Q 2019
Aug 2, 2019 – According to Anatel, Brazil's pay TV subscriber base ended June 2019 at 16.71 million, down 528 thousand subscribers in the quarter and down 1.23 million versus one year before.
News categories: Anatel, Brazil, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs
- iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
- WIZTIVI and SERAPHIC co-work on HbbTV OpApps
- MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
- Turkcell selects Witbe to monitor video QoE
- Bouygues Telecom adds start-over to Bbox EPG using Alpha Networks
- RecordTV uses MediaKind IRD for 2019 Pan American Games coverage