Paraguay Digital TV News
Paraguay adds 59,000 pay TV subscribers in 1H 2014
Feb 16, 2015 – Paraguay’s telecoms services regulator, CONATEL, has released telecommunications statistics for the country for the first half of 2014. Paraguay ended the half with 405 thousand pay TV subscribers, up from 293 thousand at the end of June 2013.
News categories: CONATEL, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Paraguay, Satellite, Subscribers
Paraguay ends 2013 with 347,000 pay TV subscribers
Jul 29, 2014 – Paraguay’s telecoms services regulator (CONATEL) has released telecommunications statistics for 2013. The country ended the year with 347 thousand pay TV subscribers, up from 293 thousand at the end of June.
News categories: CONATEL, Cable TV, IPTV, Paraguay, Satellite, Subscribers
Personal TV DTH launches in Paraguay
Jun 30, 2014 – Paraguayan mobile phone operator Personal has launched a satellite television service. The offering consists of 101 channels with up to 10 in HD in the basic and pre-pay packages, or 108 channels with 12 in HD in the 'full' package.
News categories: Personal, Digital TV, Paraguay, Satellite
Millicom ends 2012 with 558,000 Tigo cable TV customers in Central America
Mar 6, 2013 – Millicom, which operates cable services in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua under the Tigo brand, has reported Financial and Operational Data as at December 31 2012. At the end of the year it had 558,000 cable TV RGUs.
News categories: Millicom, Cable TV, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Results, Subscribers
IPTV Copaco to launch in Paraguay on December 14th
Dec 5, 2012 – Paraguay's state-owned Compañía Paraguaya de Comunicaciones (Copaco) has announced that it will officially launch its IPTV platform on December 14 in the cities of Concepción and Horqueta.
News categories: COPACO, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware, Paraguay, Set Top Box
December launch for Copaco and Tigo pay TV services in Paraguay
Oct 25, 2011 – Copaco has confirmed that its IPTV service will launch on December 15th in Paraguay. In the same month, Tigo (NASDAQ:MIICF) is expected to launch a digital cable TV service in the Paraguayan city of Lambaré.
News categories: Copaco, Millicom, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Paraguay
Netflix Arrives In Latin America And The Caribbean
Sep 5, 2011 – Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) has launched in Brazil and will be launched in 43 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, providing instant and unlimited movies and TV shows streamed to computers, game consoles and other Internet connected devices.
News categories: Netflix, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Caribbean, Central America, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, OTT, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela
Claro launches satellite DTH service in Paraguay
Jun 12, 2011 – According to La Nación, América Móvil's Claro subsidiary in Paraguay has launched a satellite DTH service in the country. The service consists of 44 channels.
News categories: Claro, Digital TV, Paraguay, Satellite
Anevia Implements Over-the-Top Video on Demand Services for Itacom Customers in Paraguay
Feb 8, 2011 – Anevia has announced that it is has enabled Itacom to successfully deploy an over-the-top (OTT) video on demand service for Paraguay using ViaMotion, Anevia's software-based Internet-protocol (IP) streaming solution.
News categories: Anevia, Itacom, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Multiscreen, MWC, OTT, Paraguay, PC Video, Set Top Box
- Dalian Tiantu Cable TV chooses Thomson Video Networks for 4K channel
- HEVC Advance announces HEVC patent pool
- ST showcases DOCSIS and C-DOCSIS 3.0 solutions at CCBN 2015
- Conax establishes Beijing test center
- NTT develops world's first professional 4K H.265/HEVC real time encoder LSI
- Broadcom delivers DOCSIS 3.0 cable set-top box platform for China
- Broadcom launches first HD satellite set-top box SoC for China
- Broadcom enables China's first 4Kp60 STB deployment
- RDA selects Chips&Media HD video IP for mobile and DTV platforms
- iPanel middleware integrated with STMicroelectronics' chipsets
- Global pay TV subscriber base to pass 1.1 Billion in 2020
- Entropic MoCA 1.1 designed into Coship Gateways and Adapters for China
- Guangdong Cable selects NAGRA content protection
- Rochester Telephone Company deploys Inca Networks transcoder
- Astro selects Thomson for DTH, IPTV and OTT expansion
- STMicroelectronics announces Ultra-HDp60 STB SoCs for the China market
- World’s smallest STB tuner ICs with integrated loop-through
- FreeTV Alliance releases common Remote Control Specification
- StarTimes deploys Conax-certified ALi-based set-top boxes
- North America's traditional pay TV revenues to fall by 11.7%