Paraguay Digital TV News
Paraguay ends 2013 with 347,000 pay TV subscribers
Jul 29, 2014 – Paraguay’s telecoms services regulator (CONATEL) has released telecommunications statistics for 2013. The country ended the year with 347 thousand pay TV subscribers, up from 293 thousand at the end of June.
News categories: CONATEL, Cable TV, IPTV, Paraguay, Satellite, Subscribers
Personal TV DTH launches in Paraguay
Jun 30, 2014 – Paraguayan mobile phone operator Personal has launched a satellite television service. The offering consists of 101 channels with up to 10 in HD in the basic and pre-pay packages, or 108 channels with 12 in HD in the 'full' package.
News categories: Personal, Digital TV, Paraguay, Satellite
Millicom ends 2012 with 558,000 Tigo cable TV customers in Central America
Mar 6, 2013 – Millicom, which operates cable services in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua under the Tigo brand, has reported Financial and Operational Data as at December 31 2012. At the end of the year it had 558,000 cable TV RGUs.
News categories: Millicom, Cable TV, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Results, Subscribers
IPTV Copaco to launch in Paraguay on December 14th
Dec 5, 2012 – Paraguay's state-owned Compañía Paraguaya de Comunicaciones (Copaco) has announced that it will officially launch its IPTV platform on December 14 in the cities of Concepción and Horqueta.
News categories: COPACO, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware, Paraguay, Set Top Box
December launch for Copaco and Tigo pay TV services in Paraguay
Oct 25, 2011 – Copaco has confirmed that its IPTV service will launch on December 15th in Paraguay. In the same month, Tigo (NASDAQ:MIICF) is expected to launch a digital cable TV service in the Paraguayan city of Lambaré.
News categories: Copaco, Millicom, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Paraguay
Netflix Arrives In Latin America And The Caribbean
Sep 5, 2011 – Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) has launched in Brazil and will be launched in 43 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, providing instant and unlimited movies and TV shows streamed to computers, game consoles and other Internet connected devices.
News categories: Netflix, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Caribbean, Central America, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, OTT, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela
Claro launches satellite DTH service in Paraguay
Jun 12, 2011 – According to La Nación, América Móvil's Claro subsidiary in Paraguay has launched a satellite DTH service in the country. The service consists of 44 channels.
News categories: Claro, Digital TV, Paraguay, Satellite
Anevia Implements Over-the-Top Video on Demand Services for Itacom Customers in Paraguay
Feb 8, 2011 – Anevia has announced that it is has enabled Itacom to successfully deploy an over-the-top (OTT) video on demand service for Paraguay using ViaMotion, Anevia's software-based Internet-protocol (IP) streaming solution.
News categories: Anevia, Itacom, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Multiscreen, MWC14, OTT, Paraguay, PC Video, Set Top Box
Paraguay to begin DTT broadcasting in May
Jan 21, 2011 – Paraguay has presented details of its plan to convert the country to digital terrestrial television with technical assistance from Japan. Initial ISDB-Tb broadcasting will begin on May 14, with the project completing in 2016.
News categories: Digital TV, Infrastructure, ISDB-T, Paraguay, SBTVD, Terrestrial
- Global TV shipments rebound in 3Q 2014
- European OTT market to experience rapid growth by 2017
- DOCSIS channel shipments up 95% YoY in 3Q 2014
- Inca Networks powers Hamilton Telecommunications IPTV service
- UltraFlix 4K streaming launches on Samsung UHD TVs
- Cable loses market share as Dutch turn to IPTV
- EMT/Elion launches minuTV OTT TV in Estonia
- ChungHwa Telecom planning OTT version of its MOD TV service
- Video traffic expected to reach 65% of mobile data within 5 years
- Zenterio integrates Ekioh HTML5 browser
- Amazon Instant Video grows internet traffic share in the U.S.
- Teleste headend for Arganet IPTV in Brazil
- HBO GO launches on Xbox One in U.S.
- OTT pay TV revenue to hit $10 billion in 2018
- Eight new broadcasters apply for DTT licences in Kenya
- Hong Kong Television launches OTT entertainment platform
- Siyaya awarded broadcasting licence in South Africa
- Mirada and Edgeware partner for multiscreen delivery
- UK to re-allocate 700MHz DTT spectrum to mobile broadband
- Eutelsat and Spacecom create unified DTH neighbourhood for Africa at 16-17°E