Paraguay Digital TV News
Millicom selects Intraway for DTH provisioning
May 6, 2015 – Intraway has announced that Millicom has selected Intraway’s satellite television (DTH) solution to support the operation of its services in Latin America, which were commercially launched during the second trimester of 2014.
News categories: Intraway, Millicom, Leandro Rzezak, Vincencio Maya, Bolivia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Infrastructure, Paraguay, Satellite
Paraguay adds 59,000 pay TV subscribers in 1H 2014
Feb 16, 2015 – Paraguay’s telecoms services regulator, CONATEL, has released telecommunications statistics for the country for the first half of 2014. Paraguay ended the half with 405 thousand pay TV subscribers, up from 293 thousand at the end of June 2013.
News categories: CONATEL, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Paraguay, Satellite, Subscribers
Paraguay ends 2013 with 347,000 pay TV subscribers
Jul 29, 2014 – Paraguay’s telecoms services regulator (CONATEL) has released telecommunications statistics for 2013. The country ended the year with 347 thousand pay TV subscribers, up from 293 thousand at the end of June.
News categories: CONATEL, Cable TV, IPTV, Paraguay, Satellite, Subscribers
Personal TV DTH launches in Paraguay
Jun 30, 2014 – Paraguayan mobile phone operator Personal has launched a satellite television service. The offering consists of 101 channels with up to 10 in HD in the basic and pre-pay packages, or 108 channels with 12 in HD in the 'full' package.
News categories: Personal, Digital TV, Paraguay, Satellite
Millicom ends 2012 with 558,000 Tigo cable TV customers in Central America
Mar 6, 2013 – Millicom, which operates cable services in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua under the Tigo brand, has reported Financial and Operational Data as at December 31 2012. At the end of the year it had 558,000 cable TV RGUs.
News categories: Millicom, Cable TV, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Results, Subscribers
IPTV Copaco to launch in Paraguay on December 14th
Dec 5, 2012 – Paraguay's state-owned Compañía Paraguaya de Comunicaciones (Copaco) has announced that it will officially launch its IPTV platform on December 14 in the cities of Concepción and Horqueta.
News categories: COPACO, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware, Paraguay, Set Top Box
December launch for Copaco and Tigo pay TV services in Paraguay
Oct 25, 2011 – Copaco has confirmed that its IPTV service will launch on December 15th in Paraguay. In the same month, Tigo (NASDAQ:MIICF) is expected to launch a digital cable TV service in the Paraguayan city of Lambaré.
News categories: Copaco, Millicom, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Paraguay
Netflix Arrives In Latin America And The Caribbean
Sep 5, 2011 – Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) has launched in Brazil and will be launched in 43 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, providing instant and unlimited movies and TV shows streamed to computers, game consoles and other Internet connected devices.
News categories: Netflix, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Caribbean, Central America, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, OTT, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela
Claro launches satellite DTH service in Paraguay
Jun 12, 2011 – According to La Nación, América Móvil's Claro subsidiary in Paraguay has launched a satellite DTH service in the country. The service consists of 44 channels.
News categories: Claro, Digital TV, Paraguay, Satellite
- IPTV revenues in Canada up 39% in 2014
- Pay TV providers embrace OTT video and 'skinny' bundles
- 58% of Canadian broadband households have access to online video on their TV set
- Sling TV releases App for Android TV
- ALi and Mware integrate STB IPTV OTT middleware
- Europe's first FTA Ultra HD channel to launch on Astra at 19.2°E
- Altice enters the US market with acquisition of Suddenlink
- 134 million digital TV homes to be added in 2015
- Vodafone ends Q1 with 9.1 million TV customers in Europe
- GatesAir prepares Brazil's Rede VTV for transition to DTT
- Russian pay TV subscribers reached 37.6 million at end-2014
- Connected TVs to drive OTT subscription surge
- LATTO and Verimatrix partner on secure OTT monetization platform
- 37,000 IPTV customers for eircom
- Belarus completes switch to digital television
- 70% of Ultra HD TVs to feature HDR or other enhancements by 2020
- OTT video 'account sharing' prevalent in the U.S.
- Singapore's StarHub adds 3k subscribers in 1Q 2015
- Panasonic launches first Firefox OS-based TVs
- Orange Slovakia launches VOD with Banaxi