Paraguay Digital TV News
DIRECTV planning to launch satellite TV in Paraguay
Aug 11, 2015 – According to Última Hora, DIRECTV is planning to launch a DTH satellite TV service in Paraguay in the near future, before its licence from the country's telecoms regulator, CONATEL, expires.
News categories: DIRECTV, CONATEL, Digital TV, Paraguay, Regulation, Satellite
Millicom selects Intraway for DTH provisioning
May 6, 2015 – Intraway has announced that Millicom has selected Intraway’s satellite television (DTH) solution to support the operation of its services in Latin America, which were commercially launched during the second trimester of 2014.
News categories: Intraway, Millicom, Leandro Rzezak, Vincencio Maya, Bolivia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Infrastructure, Paraguay, Satellite
Paraguay adds 59,000 pay TV subscribers in 1H 2014
Feb 16, 2015 – Paraguay’s telecoms services regulator, CONATEL, has released telecommunications statistics for the country for the first half of 2014. Paraguay ended the half with 405 thousand pay TV subscribers, up from 293 thousand at the end of June 2013.
News categories: CONATEL, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Paraguay, Satellite, Subscribers
Paraguay ends 2013 with 347,000 pay TV subscribers
Jul 29, 2014 – Paraguay’s telecoms services regulator (CONATEL) has released telecommunications statistics for 2013. The country ended the year with 347 thousand pay TV subscribers, up from 293 thousand at the end of June.
News categories: CONATEL, Cable TV, IPTV, Paraguay, Satellite, Subscribers
Personal TV DTH launches in Paraguay
Jun 30, 2014 – Paraguayan mobile phone operator Personal has launched a satellite television service. The offering consists of 101 channels with up to 10 in HD in the basic and pre-pay packages, or 108 channels with 12 in HD in the 'full' package.
News categories: Personal, Digital TV, Paraguay, Satellite
Millicom ends 2012 with 558,000 Tigo cable TV customers in Central America
Mar 6, 2013 – Millicom, which operates cable services in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua under the Tigo brand, has reported Financial and Operational Data as at December 31 2012. At the end of the year it had 558,000 cable TV RGUs.
News categories: Millicom, Cable TV, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Results, Subscribers
IPTV Copaco to launch in Paraguay on December 14th
Dec 5, 2012 – Paraguay's state-owned Compañía Paraguaya de Comunicaciones (Copaco) has announced that it will officially launch its IPTV platform on December 14 in the cities of Concepción and Horqueta.
News categories: COPACO, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware, Paraguay, Set Top Box
December launch for Copaco and Tigo pay TV services in Paraguay
Oct 25, 2011 – Copaco has confirmed that its IPTV service will launch on December 15th in Paraguay. In the same month, Tigo (NASDAQ:MIICF) is expected to launch a digital cable TV service in the Paraguayan city of Lambaré.
News categories: Copaco, Millicom, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Paraguay
Netflix Arrives In Latin America And The Caribbean
Sep 5, 2011 – Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) has launched in Brazil and will be launched in 43 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, providing instant and unlimited movies and TV shows streamed to computers, game consoles and other Internet connected devices.
News categories: Netflix, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Caribbean, Central America, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, OTT, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela
- Ziggo leads drop in Dutch TV subscriptions in Q2 2015
- Opera TV debuts HbbTV 2.0 SDK for TV and STB manufacturers
- Com Hem unifies delivery of linear and multiscreen TV with Elemental
- ALi introduces STB/Sound Bar combo
- Half of U.S. internet homes own a connected TV device
- SCSA releases VIDITY licensing specifications
- Technicolor and Fraunhofer announce MPEG-H Audio licensing program
- 1,400 satellites to launch over the next decade
- DTH driving HDTV boom in South Asia
- 24.8 million connected TV sets in the top 5 Latin American countries
- HGI sets requirements for home network devices
- EU seeks views on the Satellite and Cable Directive
- SoftBank and Netflix Japan announce partnership
- SIXTY announces lightweight STB user interface framework
- Ziggo's triple-play market share in Holland under pressure
- Portugal adds 36,000 pay TV subscribers in 2Q 2015
- EUTELSAT 8 West B successfully launched
- Via Licensing issues call for MPEG-H 3D Audio patents
- Intelsat announces successful launch of Intelsat 34
- Amazon, Apple, Google, and Roku dominate streaming media device market