Paraguay Digital TV News
Millicom cable RGUs up 41,000 in 2Q 2016
Jul 21, 2016 – Millicom has announced results for the second quarter and first half ended June 30, 2016. Cable RGUs increased by 41,000 from Q1 2016 to 5.46 million with the growth coming primarily from pay TV offers.
News categories: Millicom, Mauricio Ramos, Bolivia, Cable TV, Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Paraguay, Results, Subscribers
Millicom releases Q3 2015 results
Oct 22, 2015 – Millicom has released its Q3 2015 results. Cable and Digital Media revenue grew strongly at 25.2%. Total Cable and Digital Media revenue generating units increased by 83,000 from Q2 2015 to 5.25 million.
News categories: Millicom, Bolivia, Cable TV, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Paraguay, Results, Subscribers
DIRECTV planning to launch satellite TV in Paraguay
Aug 11, 2015 – According to Última Hora, DIRECTV is planning to launch a DTH satellite TV service in Paraguay in the near future, before its licence from the country's telecoms regulator, CONATEL, expires.
News categories: DIRECTV, CONATEL, Digital TV, Paraguay, Regulation, Satellite
Millicom selects Intraway for DTH provisioning
May 6, 2015 – Intraway has announced that Millicom has selected Intraway’s satellite television (DTH) solution to support the operation of its services in Latin America, which were commercially launched during the second trimester of 2014.
News categories: Intraway, Millicom, Leandro Rzezak, Vincencio Maya, Bolivia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Infrastructure, Paraguay, Satellite
Paraguay adds 59,000 pay TV subscribers in 1H 2014
Feb 16, 2015 – Paraguay’s telecoms services regulator, CONATEL, has released telecommunications statistics for the country for the first half of 2014. Paraguay ended the half with 405 thousand pay TV subscribers, up from 293 thousand at the end of June 2013.
News categories: CONATEL, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Paraguay, Satellite, Subscribers
Paraguay ends 2013 with 347,000 pay TV subscribers
Jul 29, 2014 – Paraguay’s telecoms services regulator (CONATEL) has released telecommunications statistics for 2013. The country ended the year with 347 thousand pay TV subscribers, up from 293 thousand at the end of June.
News categories: CONATEL, Cable TV, IPTV, Paraguay, Satellite, Subscribers
Personal TV DTH launches in Paraguay
Jun 30, 2014 – Paraguayan mobile phone operator Personal has launched a satellite television service. The offering consists of 101 channels with up to 10 in HD in the basic and pre-pay packages, or 108 channels with 12 in HD in the 'full' package.
News categories: Personal, Digital TV, Paraguay, Satellite
Millicom ends 2012 with 558,000 Tigo cable TV customers in Central America
Mar 6, 2013 – Millicom, which operates cable services in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua under the Tigo brand, has reported Financial and Operational Data as at December 31 2012. At the end of the year it had 558,000 cable TV RGUs.
News categories: Millicom, Cable TV, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Results, Subscribers
IPTV Copaco to launch in Paraguay on December 14th
Dec 5, 2012 – Paraguay's state-owned Compañía Paraguaya de Comunicaciones (Copaco) has announced that it will officially launch its IPTV platform on December 14 in the cities of Concepción and Horqueta.
News categories: COPACO, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware, Paraguay, Set Top Box
- DIRECTV up 342k; U-Verse down 391k; DTVLA up 87k subscribers in 2Q 2016
- Comcast unveils plans to roll out Xfinity prepaid services
- Rogers TV subscribers down 23,000 in 2Q 2016
- CAST introduces Ultra HD-capable video compression cores
- DISH Network TV subscribers decline 281,000 in Q2 2016
- Pay-TV and VOD revenues to hit €3bn in German-speaking territories
- Millicom cable RGUs up 41,000 in 2Q 2016
- 59% of U.S. households have an SVOD service
- TV display supply shortage could continue into Q3
- Rohde & Schwarz to install DVB-T2 network in Oman
- TalkTalk TV subscribers down 23,000 in Q2 2016
- China’s online video market to quadruple
- 55% of U.S. OTT services are subscription-only
- TELUS first to launch 4K TV in Western Canada
- Foxxum Smart TV adds ivi.ru app
- OTT TV & video revenues to generate $65 billion
- US 4K UHD display shipments to grow by 105% in 2016
- Majority of U.S. broadband homes to have a smart home controller by 2020
- Intertrust applauds launch of Tivùon!
- Golden Brick to acquire non-TV parts of Opera's consumer business