Bahamas Digital TV News
Cable Bahamas launches REVGO PLAY powered by Anevia
Oct 5, 2017 – Anevia has accompanied Cable Bahamas in its migration to OTT with the launch of REVGO PLAY. REVGO PLAY allows subscribers to watch live channels, plus recorded and on-demand content on any device. The offer relies on Anevia’s Cloud DVR and includes Anevia’s optimized recording engine.
News categories: Anevia, Cable Bahamas, Bahamas, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere
ActiveVideo and Zodiac combine to provide Cloud-delivered user experiences
Sep 12, 2017 – Zodiac Interactive and ActiveVideo have partnered on a joint solution that will enable pay-TV operators of all sizes to provide next generation user experiences and new premium services on any installed set-top box.
News categories: Zodiac Interactive, ActiveVideo, Cable Bahamas, Brandon Brown, Jeff Miller, David Burrows, Bahamas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Amazon Prime Video launches globally
Dec 14, 2016 – Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) has announced that Amazon Prime Video is now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe. Customers can watch on Android and iOS phones and tablets, Fire Tablets and LG and Samsung smart TVs.
News categories: Amazon, Tim Leslie, Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Channel Islands, Chile, Colombia, Congo-Brazzaville, Costa Rica, Côte d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, DRC, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Melanesia, Mexico, Micronesia, Mobile, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, OTT, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Polynesia, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE, Uganda, UK, Ukraine, Uruguay, USA, Uzbekistan, Vatican, Venezuela, Vietnam, Worldwide, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Cable Bahamas expands FTTH; plans IPTV
Aug 10, 2015 – Cable Bahamas has announced the expansion of its fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) service to over one hundred homes in Victoria Gardens. With the extra capacity, Cable Bahamas plans to offer IPTV as well as other enhancements.
News categories: Cable Bahamas, David Burrows, John Gomez, Bahamas, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV
BTC Bahamas IPTV trial to begin in December
Nov 12, 2014 – BTC, the main telecommunications provider in the Bahamas, has announced that following an upgrade to its network, it will begin testing a TV service in Bimini in December.
News categories: BTC Bahamas, Bahamas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
BTC to test IPTV in the Bahamas
Oct 2, 2014 – At the opening of a new store in Long Island, BTC Bahamas CEO Leon Williams announced that the company is planning an IPTV trial in the Southern Islands.
News categories: BTC Bahamas, Leon Williams, Bahamas, Digital TV, IPTV
- Technicolor joins the HEVC Advance patent pool
- Verizon to give customers 12 months of Disney+
- Roku to acquire dataxu
- Wyplay and SmarDTV to offer off-the-shelf Android TV platforms
- Alticast partners with LowaSIS for ATSC 3.0 devices
- YuppTV joins forces with BSNL for triple play services
- Comscore to provide measurement for Premion's CTV/OTT ad platform
- egta and The Global TV Group define ad measurement standards
- Xandr adds Clypd to its portfolio of products and services
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph