Bahamas Digital TV News
Cable Bahamas launches REVGO PLAY powered by Anevia
Oct 5, 2017 – Anevia has accompanied Cable Bahamas in its migration to OTT with the launch of REVGO PLAY. REVGO PLAY allows subscribers to watch live channels, plus recorded and on-demand content on any device. The offer relies on Anevia’s Cloud DVR and includes Anevia’s optimized recording engine.
News categories: Anevia, Cable Bahamas, Bahamas, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere
ActiveVideo and Zodiac combine to provide Cloud-delivered user experiences
Sep 12, 2017 – Zodiac Interactive and ActiveVideo have partnered on a joint solution that will enable pay-TV operators of all sizes to provide next generation user experiences and new premium services on any installed set-top box.
News categories: Zodiac Interactive, ActiveVideo, Cable Bahamas, Brandon Brown, Jeff Miller, David Burrows, Bahamas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Amazon Prime Video launches globally
Dec 14, 2016 – Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) has announced that Amazon Prime Video is now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe. Customers can watch on Android and iOS phones and tablets, Fire Tablets and LG and Samsung smart TVs.
News categories: Amazon, Tim Leslie, Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Channel Islands, Chile, Colombia, Congo-Brazzaville, Costa Rica, Côte d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, DRC, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Melanesia, Mexico, Micronesia, Mobile, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, OTT, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Polynesia, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE, Uganda, UK, Ukraine, Uruguay, USA, Uzbekistan, Vatican, Venezuela, Vietnam, Worldwide, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Cable Bahamas expands FTTH; plans IPTV
Aug 10, 2015 – Cable Bahamas has announced the expansion of its fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) service to over one hundred homes in Victoria Gardens. With the extra capacity, Cable Bahamas plans to offer IPTV as well as other enhancements.
News categories: Cable Bahamas, David Burrows, John Gomez, Bahamas, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV
BTC Bahamas IPTV trial to begin in December
Nov 12, 2014 – BTC, the main telecommunications provider in the Bahamas, has announced that following an upgrade to its network, it will begin testing a TV service in Bimini in December.
News categories: BTC Bahamas, Bahamas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
BTC to test IPTV in the Bahamas
Oct 2, 2014 – At the opening of a new store in Long Island, BTC Bahamas CEO Leon Williams announced that the company is planning an IPTV trial in the Southern Islands.
News categories: BTC Bahamas, Leon Williams, Bahamas, Digital TV, IPTV
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution