Bahamas Digital TV News
Cable Bahamas launches REVGO PLAY powered by Anevia
Oct 5, 2017 – Anevia has accompanied Cable Bahamas in its migration to OTT with the launch of REVGO PLAY. REVGO PLAY allows subscribers to watch live channels, plus recorded and on-demand content on any device. The offer relies on Anevia’s Cloud DVR and includes Anevia’s optimized recording engine.
News categories: Anevia, Cable Bahamas, Bahamas, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere
ActiveVideo and Zodiac combine to provide Cloud-delivered user experiences
Sep 12, 2017 – Zodiac Interactive and ActiveVideo have partnered on a joint solution that will enable pay-TV operators of all sizes to provide next generation user experiences and new premium services on any installed set-top box.
News categories: Zodiac Interactive, ActiveVideo, Cable Bahamas, Brandon Brown, Jeff Miller, David Burrows, Bahamas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Amazon Prime Video launches globally
Dec 14, 2016 – Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) has announced that Amazon Prime Video is now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe. Customers can watch on Android and iOS phones and tablets, Fire Tablets and LG and Samsung smart TVs.
News categories: Amazon, Tim Leslie, Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Channel Islands, Chile, Colombia, Congo-Brazzaville, Costa Rica, Côte d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, DRC, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Melanesia, Mexico, Micronesia, Mobile, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, OTT, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Polynesia, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE, Uganda, UK, Ukraine, Uruguay, USA, Uzbekistan, Vatican, Venezuela, Vietnam, Worldwide, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Cable Bahamas expands FTTH; plans IPTV
Aug 10, 2015 – Cable Bahamas has announced the expansion of its fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) service to over one hundred homes in Victoria Gardens. With the extra capacity, Cable Bahamas plans to offer IPTV as well as other enhancements.
News categories: Cable Bahamas, David Burrows, John Gomez, Bahamas, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV
BTC Bahamas IPTV trial to begin in December
Nov 12, 2014 – BTC, the main telecommunications provider in the Bahamas, has announced that following an upgrade to its network, it will begin testing a TV service in Bimini in December.
News categories: BTC Bahamas, Bahamas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
BTC to test IPTV in the Bahamas
Oct 2, 2014 – At the opening of a new store in Long Island, BTC Bahamas CEO Leon Williams announced that the company is planning an IPTV trial in the Southern Islands.
News categories: BTC Bahamas, Leon Williams, Bahamas, Digital TV, IPTV
- VIZIO launches Direct Advertising business
- Nordics lose a generation of viewers
- Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Undertone and TVadSync create cross-platform TV targeting engine
- Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
- Amino and 24i to evolve Youfone's TV offering
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware