Bahamas Digital TV News
Cable Bahamas launches REVGO PLAY powered by Anevia
Oct 5, 2017 – Anevia has accompanied Cable Bahamas in its migration to OTT with the launch of REVGO PLAY. REVGO PLAY allows subscribers to watch live channels, plus recorded and on-demand content on any device. The offer relies on Anevia’s Cloud DVR and includes Anevia’s optimized recording engine.
News categories: Anevia, Cable Bahamas, Bahamas, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere
ActiveVideo and Zodiac combine to provide Cloud-delivered user experiences
Sep 12, 2017 – Zodiac Interactive and ActiveVideo have partnered on a joint solution that will enable pay-TV operators of all sizes to provide next generation user experiences and new premium services on any installed set-top box.
News categories: Zodiac Interactive, ActiveVideo, Cable Bahamas, Brandon Brown, Jeff Miller, David Burrows, Bahamas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Amazon Prime Video launches globally
Dec 14, 2016 – Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) has announced that Amazon Prime Video is now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe. Customers can watch on Android and iOS phones and tablets, Fire Tablets and LG and Samsung smart TVs.
News categories: Amazon, Tim Leslie, Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Channel Islands, Chile, Colombia, Congo-Brazzaville, Costa Rica, Côte d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, DRC, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Melanesia, Mexico, Micronesia, Mobile, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, OTT, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Polynesia, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE, Uganda, UK, Ukraine, Uruguay, USA, Uzbekistan, Vatican, Venezuela, Vietnam, Worldwide, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Cable Bahamas expands FTTH; plans IPTV
Aug 10, 2015 – Cable Bahamas has announced the expansion of its fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) service to over one hundred homes in Victoria Gardens. With the extra capacity, Cable Bahamas plans to offer IPTV as well as other enhancements.
News categories: Cable Bahamas, David Burrows, John Gomez, Bahamas, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV
BTC Bahamas IPTV trial to begin in December
Nov 12, 2014 – BTC, the main telecommunications provider in the Bahamas, has announced that following an upgrade to its network, it will begin testing a TV service in Bimini in December.
News categories: BTC Bahamas, Bahamas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
BTC to test IPTV in the Bahamas
Oct 2, 2014 – At the opening of a new store in Long Island, BTC Bahamas CEO Leon Williams announced that the company is planning an IPTV trial in the Southern Islands.
News categories: BTC Bahamas, Leon Williams, Bahamas, Digital TV, IPTV
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats