Egypt Digital TV News
Synamedia and AWS accelerate end-to-end cloud TV deployments
Jun 8, 2020 – Synamedia is collaborating with AWS to accelerate the adoption of cloud TV services. With the partnership, video service providers can combine Synamedia’s Infinite cloud TV platform and AWS's reliability and cloud elasticity.
News categories: Synamedia, AWS, Nick Thexton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Malaysia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Worldwide
E-Vision selects Synamedia for MENA multi-tenant OTT service
Jan 7, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that E-Vision has selected its Infinite platform for a multi-country, multi-tenant OTT service. The platform is already live in Egypt and will launch soon in Saudi Arabia. Additional markets will follow in due course.
News categories: Synamedia, E-Vision, Yves Padrines, Humaid Rashid Sahoo, CES2021, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Middle-East, OTT, Saudi Arabia, UX
Telecom Egypt and CNE to launch IPTV
Jul 22, 2019 – Telecom Egypt has signed an agreement with Cable Network Egypt (CNE) to provide its customers with IPTV. Telecom Egypt will offer packages tailored to serve all customer segments and include content such as entertainment, sports, TV series, movies and kids channels, among others.
News categories: Telecom Egypt, Cable Network Egypt, Adel Hamed, General Mohamed Kassem, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV
ATEME provides headend to the Egyptian National Media Authority
Jun 11, 2019 – ATEME has announced that the Egyptian National Media Authority (ENMA) has selected its converged video headend to cover the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations. The headend that ATEME has provided is based on its encoder/decoder and multiplexer solutions.
News categories: ATEME, ENMA, Razik Zaghlouli, Eng. Mervat Hassan, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Egypt, Terrestrial
Rohde & Schwarz wins DVB-T2 transmitter contract in Egypt
Apr 18, 2019 – The Egyptian National Media Authority (ENMA) has selected Rohde & Schwarz transmitters to support their DVB-T2 network. The equipment is to be commissioned by mid-June 2019 in time for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations soccer tournament.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, National Media Authority, Rommer Balanon, Mervat Hassan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Egypt
SVOD subscribers in MENA region hit 1.6 million in Q3 2017
Nov 10, 2017 – According to Dataxis, 1.6 million people in the Middle-East and North Africa (MENA) region had subscribed to an SVOD platform in the third quarter of 2017. This represents a growth of +19% compared to the previous quarter.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Egypt, Kuwait, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Tunisia, UAE
STARZ PLAY signs exclusive deal with Orange Egypt
Sep 28, 2017 – STARZ PLAY has announced a partnership with Orange Egypt. The partnership allows Orange Egypt customers access to the STARZ PLAY service which features more than 6,500 hours of Hollywood movies, documentaries, kids’ programs and ‘same-day-as-the-US’ shows.
News categories: STARZ PLAY, Orange Egypt, Maaz Sheikh, Digital TV, Egypt, OTT
Orange and Netflix ink major international agreement
Sep 14, 2017 – Orange and Netflix have renewed the agreement signed in 2014 for the distribution of Netflix for Orange TV customers in France, and have expanded their partnership to all countries in which the Orange Group is present.
News categories: Netflix, Orange, Reed Hastings, Stéphane Richard, Belgium, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, DRC, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, France, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Iraq, Jordan, Liberia, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritius, Moldova, Morocco, Niger, OTT, Poland, Romania, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Spain, Tunisia
Viu hits 6 million active users, 50% growth in 4 months
Apr 25, 2017 – Viu has announced that it hit 6 million monthly active users (MAU) across its markets in March this year, up 50% on November 2016. Viu is now available in Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, India, Indonesia, the Philippines, Oman, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Jordan, Kuwait, Egypt and Bahrain.
News categories: PCCW Media, Janice Lee, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Oman, OTT, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Subscribers, UAE
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0