Egypt Digital TV News
E-Vision selects Synamedia for MENA multi-tenant OTT service
Jan 7, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that E-Vision has selected its Infinite platform for a multi-country, multi-tenant OTT service. The platform is already live in Egypt and will launch soon in Saudi Arabia. Additional markets will follow in due course.
News categories: Synamedia, E-Vision, Yves Padrines, Humaid Rashid Sahoo, CES2020, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Middle-East, OTT, Saudi Arabia, UX
Telecom Egypt and CNE to launch IPTV
Jul 22, 2019 – Telecom Egypt has signed an agreement with Cable Network Egypt (CNE) to provide its customers with IPTV. Telecom Egypt will offer packages tailored to serve all customer segments and include content such as entertainment, sports, TV series, movies and kids channels, among others.
News categories: Telecom Egypt, Cable Network Egypt, Adel Hamed, General Mohamed Kassem, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV
ATEME provides headend to the Egyptian National Media Authority
Jun 11, 2019 – ATEME has announced that the Egyptian National Media Authority (ENMA) has selected its converged video headend to cover the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations. The headend that ATEME has provided is based on its encoder/decoder and multiplexer solutions.
News categories: ATEME, ENMA, Razik Zaghlouli, Eng. Mervat Hassan, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Egypt, Terrestrial
Rohde & Schwarz wins DVB-T2 transmitter contract in Egypt
Apr 18, 2019 – The Egyptian National Media Authority (ENMA) has selected Rohde & Schwarz transmitters to support their DVB-T2 network. The equipment is to be commissioned by mid-June 2019 in time for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations soccer tournament.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, National Media Authority, Rommer Balanon, Mervat Hassan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Egypt
SVOD subscribers in MENA region hit 1.6 million in Q3 2017
Nov 10, 2017 – According to Dataxis, 1.6 million people in the Middle-East and North Africa (MENA) region had subscribed to an SVOD platform in the third quarter of 2017. This represents a growth of +19% compared to the previous quarter.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Egypt, Kuwait, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Tunisia, UAE
STARZ PLAY signs exclusive deal with Orange Egypt
Sep 28, 2017 – STARZ PLAY has announced a partnership with Orange Egypt. The partnership allows Orange Egypt customers access to the STARZ PLAY service which features more than 6,500 hours of Hollywood movies, documentaries, kids’ programs and ‘same-day-as-the-US’ shows.
News categories: STARZ PLAY, Orange Egypt, Maaz Sheikh, Digital TV, Egypt, OTT
Orange and Netflix ink major international agreement
Sep 14, 2017 – Orange and Netflix have renewed the agreement signed in 2014 for the distribution of Netflix for Orange TV customers in France, and have expanded their partnership to all countries in which the Orange Group is present.
News categories: Netflix, Orange, Reed Hastings, Stéphane Richard, Belgium, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, DRC, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, France, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Iraq, Jordan, Liberia, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritius, Moldova, Morocco, Niger, OTT, Poland, Romania, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Spain, Tunisia
Viu hits 6 million active users, 50% growth in 4 months
Apr 25, 2017 – Viu has announced that it hit 6 million monthly active users (MAU) across its markets in March this year, up 50% on November 2016. Viu is now available in Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, India, Indonesia, the Philippines, Oman, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Jordan, Kuwait, Egypt and Bahrain.
News categories: PCCW Media, Janice Lee, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Oman, OTT, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Subscribers, UAE
ICFLIX to be available to Orange Egypt mobile customers
Mar 6, 2017 – ICFLIX has formed a strategic partnership with Orange to bring original ICFLIX productions alongside its collection of digital content to Orange Egypt mobile customers.
News categories: ICFLIX, Orange, Amine Lalami, Eng. Ashraf Halim, Digital TV, Egypt, Mobile, OTT
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service