Israel Digital TV News
Cellcom Israel signs Netflix distribution agreement
May 12, 2019 – Cellcom Israel (NYSE: CEL) (TASE: CEL) has announced an agreement with Netflix for the distribution of Netflix's services in Israel, including through direct access to the Netflix services from the Cellcom tv platform.
News categories: Cellcom, Digital TV, Israel, OTT
Skyworth and SURE Universal collaborate on IoT and voice assistance
Mar 26, 2019 – Skyworth Digital and SURE Universal have announced an R&D collaboration working to develop IoT and voice assistant capabilities. Once a proof of concept has been completed, the technologies will be applied to Skyworth's set-top box products.
News categories: Skyworth, SURE Universal, Steve Long, Dr. Viktor Ariel, China, Digital TV, Israel, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Bezeq plans migration of 'yes' from satellite to OTT
Mar 14, 2019 – Bezeq (TASE: BEZQ) has announced that it plans to migrate its 'yes' service from satellite transmission to broadcasting over the Internet (OTT) in a gradual process that is expected to be spread over several years.
News categories: Bezeq, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, OTT, Satellite
Israel's Hot uses Interra Systems to monitor QoE for linear and streaming TV
Sep 14, 2018 – Interra Systems has announced that Hot, an Israeli cable operator, is using Interra Systems' monitoring solutions for its existing linear and new OTT services respectively. Nisko Technologies provided its expertise for the deployment.
News categories: Interra Systems, Hot, Kanishka Tongya, Sanjay Mittal, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC, Israel, QoE
Cellcom Israel announces 200,000 Cellcom TV households
Jul 18, 2018 – Cellcom Israel (NYSE: CEL) (TASE: CEL) has announced approximately 200,000 households have joined its Cellcom tv services. Cellcom entered the market with its Cellcom tv OTT offering in December 2014.
News categories: Cellcom, Nir Sztern, Digital TV, Israel, OTT, Subscribers
Amazon Prime Video accessible on Partner TV STBs in Israel
Apr 15, 2018 – Partner Communications (NASDAQ and TASE: PTNR) has announced a collaboration agreement between Amazon Prime Video and Partner TV. Partner TV customers now have direct access to the Amazon Prime Video service on the Partner TV set top box.
News categories: Partner Communications, Amazon Prime Video, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel, OTT, Set Top Box
Partner Communications monitors OTT video quality with Interra Systems
Jan 12, 2018 – Interra Systems has announced that Partner Communications is using Interra's ORION-OTT monitoring solution to check live and VOD content integrity and related network performance of ABR content for its multiscreen OTT service, Partner TV.
News categories: Interra Systems, Partner Communications, Kanishka Tongya, Raz Bartov, Israel, Mobile, OTT, QoE
yes launches UHD-HDR channel in Israel with Harmonic
Nov 7, 2017 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that YES is using Harmonic's software-based Electra encoding platform for its new live UHD channel. AVcom, a world-class local system integrator, ensured a smooth deployment.
News categories: Harmonic, 'yes', AVcom, Ian Graham, Itzhak Elyakim, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Israel, Satellite
Partner TV in Israel heading towards 30,000 subscribers
Oct 25, 2017 – Partner Communications (NASDAQ; TASE: PTNR) has announced that approximately 30,000 households have joined its Partner TV service, of which approximately 20,000 are already using the service and 10,000 have scheduled installations.
News categories: Partner Communications, Isaac Benbenisti, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel, Subscribers
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- Pay TV subscribers in Romania up 3% in 2018
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism
- Rostelecom pay TV subscribers up 3% YoY in 1Q 2019
- WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station