Argentina Digital TV News
Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
Oct 15, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that its users can now add the Apple TV app via the Roku Channel Store to discover and watch movies, TV shows and more, including accessing their iTunes video library and subscribing to Apple TV channels directly on Roku devices.
News categories: Roku, Apple, Scott Rosenberg, Apps, Argentina, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, El Salvador, France, Guatemala, Honduras, Ireland, Mexico, Nicaragua, OTT, Panama, Peru, Set Top Box, UK, USA
Anevia completes OTT platform expansion with COLSECOR in Argentina
Sep 12, 2019 – Anevia has announced the completion of an OTT platform expansion for COLSECOR in Argentina. The expanded system will increase the capacity of COLSECOR’s Sensa platform which currently offers its subscribers more than 80 live OTT channels.
News categories: Anevia, COLSECOR, Grégory Samson, Miguel Factor, Argentina, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
Wyplay source code powers Telefónica IPTV in Argentina
Dec 11, 2018 – Wyplay has announced the deployment by Telefónica of an IPTV/FTTH pay TV service in Argentina based on the Frog Source Set Top Box software from Wyplay. Wyplay provided Professional Services and support to Telefónica.
News categories: Wyplay, Telefónica, Jacques Bourgninaud, Argentina, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Nuance Dragon TV powers Telecentro voice-enabled TV UI
Nov 7, 2018 – Nuance Communications (NASDAQ: NUAN) has announced that its Dragon TV platform brings new conversational AI capabilities to Telecentro’s TV service. Telecentro is the first provider in Latin America to deploy Dragon TV.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Telecentro, Adam Thibault, Alberto Pierri, Argentina, Cable TV, Digital TV, UX
Latin America OTT revenues to climb by $4 billion
Aug 9, 2018 – According to Digital TV Research, revenues from OTT TV episodes and movies for 19 Latin American countries will grow by $4 billion to $6.43 billion in 2023; up from the $2.47 billion recorded in 2017.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, OTT, Subscribers
Verizon Digital Media Services provides content delivery for Grupo Clarín
Jul 17, 2018 – Verizon Digital Media Services announced that its content delivery network is now utilized by the main digital media properties of Grupo Clarín. Verizon worked with local partner Pontis Technologies to onboard the Grupo Clarín properties.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, Grupo Clarín, Pontis Technologies, Chris Carey, Damián Molinari, Argentina, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
Latin America pay TV decelerates
Mar 6, 2018 – Although the economic recession waned somewhat in 2017, the Latin American pay TV sector was still affected. According to Digital TV Research, the number of pay TV subscribers was flat year-on-year.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Subscribers
Conax secures CableVideo and Colsecor in Argentina
Sep 19, 2017 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) has announced two new wins in Argentina. Regional pay-TV operators CableVideo and Colsecor have all selected technology and services from Conax and regional partner, BOLD MSS, to drive expansion in Pay TV and multi-DRM content offerings.
News categories: Conax, BOLD MSS, Colsecor, CableVideo, Jose Alcacer-Mackinlay, Ricardo Lima, Argentina, Content Protection, Digital TV
More than 60 million HD pay TV subscribers in Latin America in 2022
Jun 30, 2017 – According to Dataxis, the penetration rate of HD amongst pay TV subscribers in Latin America in the first quarter of 2017 was 39.2%. Dataxis forecasts that it will reach 68.4% in 2022.
News categories: Dataxis, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV