Argentina Digital TV News
Anevia completes OTT platform expansion with COLSECOR in Argentina
Sep 12, 2019 – Anevia has announced the completion of an OTT platform expansion for COLSECOR in Argentina. The expanded system will increase the capacity of COLSECOR’s Sensa platform which currently offers its subscribers more than 80 live OTT channels.
News categories: Anevia, COLSECOR, Grégory Samson, Miguel Factor, Argentina, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
Wyplay source code powers Telefónica IPTV in Argentina
Dec 11, 2018 – Wyplay has announced the deployment by Telefónica of an IPTV/FTTH pay TV service in Argentina based on the Frog Source Set Top Box software from Wyplay. Wyplay provided Professional Services and support to Telefónica.
News categories: Wyplay, Telefónica, Jacques Bourgninaud, Argentina, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Nuance Dragon TV powers Telecentro voice-enabled TV UI
Nov 7, 2018 – Nuance Communications (NASDAQ: NUAN) has announced that its Dragon TV platform brings new conversational AI capabilities to Telecentro’s TV service. Telecentro is the first provider in Latin America to deploy Dragon TV.
News categories: Nuance Communications, Telecentro, Adam Thibault, Alberto Pierri, Argentina, Cable TV, Digital TV, UX
Latin America OTT revenues to climb by $4 billion
Aug 9, 2018 – According to Digital TV Research, revenues from OTT TV episodes and movies for 19 Latin American countries will grow by $4 billion to $6.43 billion in 2023; up from the $2.47 billion recorded in 2017.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, OTT, Subscribers
Verizon Digital Media Services provides content delivery for Grupo Clarín
Jul 17, 2018 – Verizon Digital Media Services announced that its content delivery network is now utilized by the main digital media properties of Grupo Clarín. Verizon worked with local partner Pontis Technologies to onboard the Grupo Clarín properties.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, Grupo Clarín, Pontis Technologies, Chris Carey, Damián Molinari, Argentina, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
Latin America pay TV decelerates
Mar 6, 2018 – Although the economic recession waned somewhat in 2017, the Latin American pay TV sector was still affected. According to Digital TV Research, the number of pay TV subscribers was flat year-on-year.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Subscribers
Conax secures CableVideo and Colsecor in Argentina
Sep 19, 2017 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) has announced two new wins in Argentina. Regional pay-TV operators CableVideo and Colsecor have all selected technology and services from Conax and regional partner, BOLD MSS, to drive expansion in Pay TV and multi-DRM content offerings.
News categories: Conax, BOLD MSS, Colsecor, CableVideo, Jose Alcacer-Mackinlay, Ricardo Lima, Argentina, Content Protection, Digital TV
More than 60 million HD pay TV subscribers in Latin America in 2022
Jun 30, 2017 – According to Dataxis, the penetration rate of HD amongst pay TV subscribers in Latin America in the first quarter of 2017 was 39.2%. Dataxis forecasts that it will reach 68.4% in 2022.
News categories: Dataxis, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico
Argentina's La Nación selects Lemonwhale video platform for LN+ OTT TV
Mar 2, 2017 – Lemonwhale has announced that it has been selected by La Nación in Argentina to deliver the LN+ digital TV platform (OTT) for web and mobile applications to 42 million Argentines.
News categories: Lemonwhale, La Nación, Emanuel Viklund, Guillermo Rivaben, Argentina, Content Distribution, OTT
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos