ISDB-T (Integrated Services Digital Broadcasting – Terrestrial / 13-Seg / Full-Seg) News
GatesAir wins TVN Chile digital TV transmission contract
Oct 2, 2019 – GatesAir has won a DTV transmission contract with Televisión Nacional de Chile (TVN Chile). The contract stipulates a three-year rollout of 124 ISDB-Tb DTV transmitters in key cities throughout Chile with initial deployments in Concepcion and Valparaiso City.
News categories: GatesAir, Televisión Nacional de Chile, Rich Redmond, Mario Sepulveda, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Terrestrial
MPEG-H Audio added to SBTVD's ISDB-Tb specifications
Aug 27, 2019 – The SBTVD Forum has selected MPEG-H Audio for inclusion as an additional audio system in the ISDB-Tb specification. This allows broadcasters to simulcast MPEG-H Audio alongside the existing AAC audio.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, EiTV, ATEME, Adrian Murtaza, Brazil, Digital TV, Latin America, SBTVD, Set Top Box, Smart TV
GatesAir and Foccus Digital upgrade ISDB-Tb transmitters for TV Record in Brazil
Apr 17, 2019 – GatesAir has announced that Foccus Digital, GatesAir’s local partner, will install nine GatesAir ULXTE liquid-cooled transmitters for TV Record, one of Brazil’s largest broadcast networks. Foccus Digital and GatesAir will also provide training to TV Record's engineers.
News categories: GatesAir, Foccus Digital, TV Record, Cesar Donato, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
Wyplay to work on HD and 4K DVR enhancements for Vrio
Dec 4, 2018 – Wyplay has announced that it has been contracted to work on enhancements to the newly launched HD and 4K DVRs for Latin America and SKY Brasil. The hybrid products provide satellite and internet enabled video streams and ISDB-T.
News categories: Wyplay, Vrio, Jacques Bourgninaud, Brazil, Caribbean, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
GatesAir and Sonotec convert ATB Bolivia to ISDB-Tb in two cities
Aug 6, 2018 – With the multi-year analog sunset now underway in Bolivia, GatesAir, working with regional partner Sonotec, has transitioned ATB Bolivia to ISDB-Tb digital TV in the cities of Cochabamba and La Paz.
News categories: GatesAir, ATB, Sonotec, Rich Redmond, Javier Fernandez, Bolivia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Terrestrial
Wipro's in-car DTV middleware adapted for Japan
Feb 15, 2017 – Wipro (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO) has announced that its Digital-TV (DTV) Middleware Solution, which facilitates In-Car TV reception systems, has been customized for the Japanese automotive market.
News categories: Wipro, Anita Ganti, Digital TV, In-Car, ISDB-T, Japan, Middleware, Terrestrial
Philippines launches DTT migration plan
Feb 10, 2017 – The Philippines' Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) has launched its Digital Terrestrial Television Broadcasting (DTTB) Migration Plan, consisting of policies and regulations as well as technical and fiscal considerations necessary for the country's migration to digital TV broadcasting.
News categories: Department of Information and Communications Technology, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Philippines, Regulation, Terrestrial
NEC to provide ISDB-T DTT equipment for public broadcasting in the Philippines
Jan 23, 2017 – NEC (NEC; TSE: 6701) has announced the signing of a contract to provide digital terrestrial TV equipment for People's Television Network, Inc. (PTNI), the public broadcasting service for the Republic of the Philippines.
News categories: NEC Corp, PTNI, Elizabeth Pangan, Dino Apolonio, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Philippines, Terrestrial
Wipro middleware powers Hisense 4K TVs for Japan
Jan 5, 2017 – Wipro (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO) has announced that its Digital TV Middleware solution has successfully enabled Hisense 4K TVs in Japan. The Wipro solution supports ISDB-T/S Broadcast and HD-PVR to enable a premium viewing experience for customers.
News categories: Wipro, Hisense, Anita Ganti, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Japan, Middleware, Smart TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware