ISDB-T (Integrated Services Digital Broadcasting – Terrestrial / 13-Seg / Full-Seg) News
Wyplay to work on HD and 4K DVR enhancements for Vrio
Dec 4, 2018 – Wyplay has announced that it has been contracted to work on enhancements to the newly launched HD and 4K DVRs for Latin America and SKY Brasil. The hybrid products provide satellite and internet enabled video streams and ISDB-T.
News categories: Wyplay, Vrio, Jacques Bourgninaud, Brazil, Caribbean, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
GatesAir and Sonotec convert ATB Bolivia to ISDB-Tb in two cities
Aug 6, 2018 – With the multi-year analog sunset now underway in Bolivia, GatesAir, working with regional partner Sonotec, has transitioned ATB Bolivia to ISDB-Tb digital TV in the cities of Cochabamba and La Paz.
News categories: GatesAir, ATB, Sonotec, Rich Redmond, Javier Fernandez, Bolivia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Terrestrial
Wipro's in-car DTV middleware adapted for Japan
Feb 15, 2017 – Wipro (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO) has announced that its Digital-TV (DTV) Middleware Solution, which facilitates In-Car TV reception systems, has been customized for the Japanese automotive market.
News categories: Wipro, Anita Ganti, Digital TV, In-Car, ISDB-T, Japan, Middleware, Terrestrial
Philippines launches DTT migration plan
Feb 10, 2017 – The Philippines' Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) has launched its Digital Terrestrial Television Broadcasting (DTTB) Migration Plan, consisting of policies and regulations as well as technical and fiscal considerations necessary for the country's migration to digital TV broadcasting.
News categories: Department of Information and Communications Technology, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Philippines, Regulation, Terrestrial
NEC to provide ISDB-T DTT equipment for public broadcasting in the Philippines
Jan 23, 2017 – NEC (NEC; TSE: 6701) has announced the signing of a contract to provide digital terrestrial TV equipment for People's Television Network, Inc. (PTNI), the public broadcasting service for the Republic of the Philippines.
News categories: NEC Corp, PTNI, Elizabeth Pangan, Dino Apolonio, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Philippines, Terrestrial
Wipro middleware powers Hisense 4K TVs for Japan
Jan 5, 2017 – Wipro (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO) has announced that its Digital TV Middleware solution has successfully enabled Hisense 4K TVs in Japan. The Wipro solution supports ISDB-T/S Broadcast and HD-PVR to enable a premium viewing experience for customers.
News categories: Wipro, Hisense, Anita Ganti, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Japan, Middleware, Smart TV
GMA to begin DTT rollout in the Philippines
Dec 6, 2016 – GMA Network is spending $8.4m on transmitter facilities for its DTT project, while GMA New Media (NMI) has unveiled a prototype of a set-top box that can function as both a DTT receiver and a digital media player.
News categories: GMA Network, Felipe L. Gozon, Gilberto R. Duavit Jr, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Philippines, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Two million TVplus units shipped by ABS-CBN
Dec 5, 2016 – ABS-CBN has surpassed its year-end target of selling two million units for its digital television product ABS-CBN TVplus as of November. The development comes only three months after the company hit 1.6 million units.
News categories: ABS-CBN, Carlo Katigbak, Chinky Alcedo, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Market Research, Philippines, Set Top Box
STBs for Botswana DTT service expected in June
Feb 25, 2016 – According to the Botswana Government's Daily News, the target date for first availability of set-top boxes for the country's ISDB-T digital terrestrial television service is June this year.
News categories: Botswana, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- Afghanistan Broadcasting System selects EUTELSAT 53A as its DTH platform
- StarHub pay TV households down 49,000 in 2018
- Encoding.com selected by Akamai as preferred partner for VOD transcoding
- U.S. smart speaker sales will exceed 64 million in 2022
- Brightcove to acquire Ooyala’s online video platform business
- DISH TV down ~380k; Sling TV up ~50k subs in 4Q 2018
- TVSquared partners with TiVo for deterministic attribution
- Telenet designs new YUGO bundle entirely around the smartphone
- FreeWheel chooses Nielsen to power audience-based multiscreen TV advertising
- GTPL Hathway adds 170,000 CATV digital subscribers in 4Q 2018
- Tastemade expands linear OTT footprint with Amagi
- FreeWheel Council for Premium Video Europe releases paper on programmatic technology
- Ethiopian broadcasters take video capacity on EUTELSAT 8 West B
- Survey finds one in four Malaysian consumers use pirate TV boxes
- Digital Voice Assistants in use to triple to 8 billion by 2023
- Amazon to acquire mesh WiFi company, eero
- LiveRamp expands identity solution to include connected TV
- CuriosityStream raises $140M in private placement
- Hong Kong to begin analogue TV switch off on November 30, 2020
- China's online video subscribers to surpass 300 million in 2019