Chile Digital TV News
Recession to cut Latin America pay TV subscribers by 5 million
Mar 9, 2020 – The Latin American pay TV sector has been hit by the recession. The number of pay TV subscribers fell by 4 million in 2019. Digital TV Research forecasts 67 million pay TV subscribers by 2025 – down from 72 million in the peak year of 2017.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Subscribers
Nordija and VGL team up for Andina Link 2020
Feb 27, 2020 – Nordija and VGL, a local system integrator from Chile, have joined forces for the Andina Link Conference 2020 in Colombia to present a complete end-to-end IPTV/OTT platform, aiming to meet the current needs and requirements of the LATAM market.
News categories: Nordija, VGL, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, UX
Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
Oct 15, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that its users can now add the Apple TV app via the Roku Channel Store to discover and watch movies, TV shows and more, including accessing their iTunes video library and subscribing to Apple TV channels directly on Roku devices.
News categories: Roku, Apple, Scott Rosenberg, Apps, Argentina, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, El Salvador, France, Guatemala, Honduras, Ireland, Mexico, Nicaragua, OTT, Panama, Peru, Set Top Box, UK, USA
GatesAir wins TVN Chile digital TV transmission contract
Oct 2, 2019 – GatesAir has won a DTV transmission contract with Televisión Nacional de Chile (TVN Chile). The contract stipulates a three-year rollout of 124 ISDB-Tb DTV transmitters in key cities throughout Chile with initial deployments in Concepcion and Valparaiso City.
News categories: GatesAir, Televisión Nacional de Chile, Rich Redmond, Mario Sepulveda, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Terrestrial
Chile postpones analogue TV switch off to 2024
May 3, 2019 – The government of Chile has announced a revised plan for the implementation of digital television over the next four years. Under the plan, the expectation is that 80% of Chileans will have a digital signal by 2022.
News categories: SUBTEL, Chile, Digital TV, Regulation, Terrestrial
Latin America OTT revenues to climb by $4 billion
Aug 9, 2018 – According to Digital TV Research, revenues from OTT TV episodes and movies for 19 Latin American countries will grow by $4 billion to $6.43 billion in 2023; up from the $2.47 billion recorded in 2017.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, OTT, Subscribers
Liberty Latin America completes split-off from Liberty Global
Jan 2, 2018 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ:LILA) (NASDAQ:LILAK) (OTC Link:LILAB) has announced the completion of its previously announced split-off from Liberty Global and its launch as an independent, publicly-traded company.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Liberty Global, Balan Nair, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Digital TV, Latin America, MnA, Puerto Rico, Seychelles
GatesAir to support national DTV rollout in Chile
Sep 27, 2017 – GatesAir has announced that Chile broadcaster Mega has selected GatesAir to support its national digital TV transition and rollout. The rollout will include more than 50 GatesAir transmitters in at least 23 cities.
News categories: GatesAir, Mega, Bruce Swail, Saul Ureta, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Amino upgrades legacy STBs at GTD in Chile
Jul 3, 2017 – Amino has announced that GTD, one of Chile’s leading telecommunications companies, is the latest TV operator to deploy Amino ENABLE, its virtual STB software platform, enabling GTD to upgrade its STBs to extend their lifespan.
News categories: Amino, GTD, Donald McGarva, Cristian Tobar, Chile, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5