Conditional Access (CA) News
Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
Sep 21, 2020 – Irdeto has announced a conditional access renewal agreement with Forthnet which includes Irdeto’s Advance Protection Services (APS). APS provides global monitoring for piracy, enhanced security planning and access to secure chipsets.
News categories: Irdeto, Forthnet, Shane McCarthy, Constantinos Kalavas, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite
United Group selects Irdeto to secure content across SE Europe
Aug 27, 2020 – Irdeto has announced that it will provide security for satellite DTH services from United Group in Southeast Europe. Irdeto’s Cloaked CA client is integrated into United Group’s satellite HEVC-enabled STBs.
News categories: Irdeto, United Group, Shane McCarthy, Srdjan Djurdjević, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Macedonia, Montenegro, Satellite, Serbia, Set Top Box, Slovenia
Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
Jun 30, 2020 – Verimatrix, (Paris: VMX) has announced that Altibox Norway is to move its security framework into the Verimatrix Secure Cloud. In the Cloud, Altibox can more easily optimize its end-to-end content security.
News categories: Verimatrix, Altibox, Asaf Ashkenazi, Jarle Johnsen, Conditional Access, Denmark, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Norway
Baltcom adds CryptoGuard security for cable TV digitisation
Jun 15, 2020 – CryptoGuard has announced that Baltcom has deployed CryptoGuard CAS to secure its digital cable TV services. Baltcom is Latvia's second largest TV and internet service provider with fiber optic coverage across the country.
News categories: CryptoGuard, Baltcom, Krzysztof Wieczorek, Kjell Carlswärd, Dmitrijs Nikitins, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Latvia
PanAccess’ Nigerian bouquet now on Amos-17
Feb 3, 2020 – Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that it is providing Ku-band capacity from its AMOS-17 communication satellite to PanAccess for broadcasting to Nigeria. PanAccess’ bouquet, originating in Germany, is broadcast from 17°E.
News categories: Spacecom, PanAccess, Eyal Altshuler, Roland Schlichting, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite
BT to protect broadcasters using BISS-CA encryption from ATEME
Jan 9, 2020 – BT is stepping up its efforts to combat the illegal piracy of premium content through a partnership with ATEME. The company is using the ATEME’s encryption techniques to protect satellite uplinked content to help reduce the number of illegal streams.
News categories: ATEME, BT, Julien Mandel, Dominik Wrona, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Worldwide
Verimatrix and moTV.eu provide hybrid platform for Mongolsat Networks
Jun 17, 2019 – Verimatrix (Paris:INSD) and moTV.eu are securing DVB-S delivery offered by Mongolsat Networks. Using the moTV.eu OTT/IPTV/hybrid platform, Verimatrix protects Mongolsat's Freeview TV service to STBs and its TV Everywhere content streamed to mobile devices.
News categories: Verimatrix, moTV.eu, Mongolsat, Steve Oetegenn, Radim Benovsky, Bumchin N, Conditional Access, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Mongolia, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box
Entel deploys Amino to power Bolivia’s first nationwide IPTV rollout
May 30, 2019 – Entel, the national telecommunications operator in Bolivia, has begun a major deployment of AminoVU set-top boxes running on AminoOS to deliver IPTV services across its newly deployed fiber network, which covers almost 100% of the country.
News categories: Amino, Entel, Donald McGarva, Bolivia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Fibre, Middleware, Set Top Box
Verimatrix VCAS Ultra integrated with AWS for secure live video
Apr 6, 2019 – Verimatrix (Paris: INSD) has announced API integration between its Verimatrix VCAS Ultra and AWS Elemental MediaConnect. The API integration provides CA and rights management applied between the content ingest and distribution workflows to video service providers.
News categories: Verimatrix, AWS Elemental, Petr Peterka, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, NABShow, Worldwide
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers