Vietnam (Việt Nam) Digital TV News
Datacom signed-up as Viaccess-Orca system integrator in APAC
Jun 11, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Datacom is the first company to sign-up to VO's system integration partnership program. Datacom will play a role in bringing VO's content protection and TV platform solutions to Asia-Pacific countries.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Datacom, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Bo Guan, Australia, China, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, Mongolia, Pakistan, Philippines, Vietnam
FPT launches Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device with SDMC
Mar 19, 2019 – FPT has launched FPT play box+, Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device. FPT Play Box+ has an intuitive user interface, built on Android TV P, with personalized program recommendations based on family members' preferences.
News categories: SDMC, FPT, Android TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Vietnam
FPT Television selects Telaria for connected TV video ad management
Dec 3, 2018 – FPT Television has announced that it has selected Telaria (NYSE:TLRA) as its preferred Video Management Platform for monetizing and managing connected TV supply. FPT Television provides IPTV to more than one million households in Vietnam.
News categories: Telaria, FPT Television, Kevin Smyth, Nguyen Hoang Linh, Advertising, Digital TV, IPTV, Vietnam
VSTV deploys ATEME TITAN video compression for DTH services
Nov 8, 2018 – ATEME has announced that Vietnam Satellite Digital Television (VSTV K+), the biggest satellite operator in Vietnam, has successfully deployed ATEME's TITAN video compression solution for its Direct-to-Home (DTH) services.
News categories: ATEME, VSTV, Duc Long Nguyen, Do Van Phuc, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Vietnam
Funbox goes OTT with Brightcove OTT Flow X, powered by Accedo
Sep 6, 2018 – Accedo and Brightcove have announced that one of Vietnam’s most popular VOD services, Funbox, aims to add one million new users when it launches on iOS, Android, Web, Roku devices and Smart TVs in 2019.
News categories: Accedo, Brightcove, Funbox, Matt Kossatz, Ben Morrell, Minh Thien, Digital TV, IBC2019, Mobile, OTT, UX, Vietnam
Casbaa releases updated pay TV and OTT Regulatory Review for Asia
Jul 19, 2018 – Casbaa has released a review of OTT and regulatory policies for the video industry around Asia. Based on a year-long study of legal frameworks and government policies, Casbaa has examined key issues in regulation of the pay TV and online video industry.
News categories: Casbaa, Louis Boswell, John Medeiros, Australia, Cambodia, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, USA, Vietnam
Anevia helps Vietnam's VTC to launch OTT service
May 17, 2018 – Anevia is helping Vietnam Television Corporation (VTC) to launch an over-the-top (OTT) service for subscribers. Launched at the end of April, VTC Now is available on Apple and Google market places.
News categories: Anevia, Vietnam Television Corp, Grégory Samson, Nguyen Ngoc Tuan, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Vietnam
VTC Vietnam selects Brightcove for OTT streaming
May 1, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that Vietnam Television Corporation (VTC) has launched VTC NOW, an OTT streaming service utilising the Brightcove video platform. VTC NOW is a subscription-based service, offering VOD and Live content.
News categories: Brightcove, VTC, Ben Morrell, Nguyen Kim Trung, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Vietnam
Vietnam's VTC launches OTT video service with Accedo
Apr 5, 2018 – Accedo has announced that Vietnamese broadcaster, VTC Digital Television, is using Accedo One’s Studio Professional UX platform to power VTC Now, the newly-launched direct-to-consumer, over-the-top (OTT) video service.
News categories: Accedo, VTC, Matt Kossatz, Nguyen Ngoc Tua, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, OTT, Smart TV, UX, Vietnam
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
- Discovery partners with Inscape for TV audience measurement
- SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023
- ITV announces new addressable advertising platform: Planet V
- Eutelsat signs up Orao Telecom Congo for CIRRUS hybrid satellite/OTT
- Disney+ gets some traction, Apple TV lags in streaming wars
- Disney+ launches in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
- Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
- NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
- NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
- TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
- Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
- BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers