Vietnam (Việt Nam) Digital TV News
Datacom signed-up as Viaccess-Orca system integrator in APAC
Jun 11, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Datacom is the first company to sign-up to VO's system integration partnership program. Datacom will play a role in bringing VO's content protection and TV platform solutions to Asia-Pacific countries.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Datacom, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Bo Guan, Australia, China, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, Mongolia, Pakistan, Philippines, Vietnam
FPT launches Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device with SDMC
Mar 19, 2019 – FPT has launched FPT play box+, Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device. FPT Play Box+ has an intuitive user interface, built on Android TV P, with personalized program recommendations based on family members' preferences.
News categories: SDMC, FPT, Android TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Vietnam
FPT Television selects Telaria for connected TV video ad management
Dec 3, 2018 – FPT Television has announced that it has selected Telaria (NYSE:TLRA) as its preferred Video Management Platform for monetizing and managing connected TV supply. FPT Television provides IPTV to more than one million households in Vietnam.
News categories: Telaria, FPT Television, Kevin Smyth, Nguyen Hoang Linh, Advertising, Digital TV, IPTV, Vietnam
VSTV deploys ATEME TITAN video compression for DTH services
Nov 8, 2018 – ATEME has announced that Vietnam Satellite Digital Television (VSTV K+), the biggest satellite operator in Vietnam, has successfully deployed ATEME's TITAN video compression solution for its Direct-to-Home (DTH) services.
News categories: ATEME, VSTV, Duc Long Nguyen, Do Van Phuc, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Vietnam
Funbox goes OTT with Brightcove OTT Flow X, powered by Accedo
Sep 6, 2018 – Accedo and Brightcove have announced that one of Vietnam’s most popular VOD services, Funbox, aims to add one million new users when it launches on iOS, Android, Web, Roku devices and Smart TVs in 2019.
News categories: Accedo, Brightcove, Funbox, Matt Kossatz, Ben Morrell, Minh Thien, Digital TV, IBC2019, Mobile, OTT, UX, Vietnam
Casbaa releases updated pay TV and OTT Regulatory Review for Asia
Jul 19, 2018 – Casbaa has released a review of OTT and regulatory policies for the video industry around Asia. Based on a year-long study of legal frameworks and government policies, Casbaa has examined key issues in regulation of the pay TV and online video industry.
News categories: Casbaa, Louis Boswell, John Medeiros, Australia, Cambodia, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, USA, Vietnam
Anevia helps Vietnam's VTC to launch OTT service
May 17, 2018 – Anevia is helping Vietnam Television Corporation (VTC) to launch an over-the-top (OTT) service for subscribers. Launched at the end of April, VTC Now is available on Apple and Google market places.
News categories: Anevia, Vietnam Television Corp, Grégory Samson, Nguyen Ngoc Tuan, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Vietnam
VTC Vietnam selects Brightcove for OTT streaming
May 1, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that Vietnam Television Corporation (VTC) has launched VTC NOW, an OTT streaming service utilising the Brightcove video platform. VTC NOW is a subscription-based service, offering VOD and Live content.
News categories: Brightcove, VTC, Ben Morrell, Nguyen Kim Trung, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Vietnam
Vietnam's VTC launches OTT video service with Accedo
Apr 5, 2018 – Accedo has announced that Vietnamese broadcaster, VTC Digital Television, is using Accedo One’s Studio Professional UX platform to power VTC Now, the newly-launched direct-to-consumer, over-the-top (OTT) video service.
News categories: Accedo, VTC, Matt Kossatz, Nguyen Ngoc Tua, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, OTT, Smart TV, UX, Vietnam
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos