Telecom Argentina adds 16,000 cable TV subscribers in 3Q 2021Wednesday, November 10th, 2021
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina — Telecom Argentina S.A. announces consolidated results for the nine month period (“9M21”) and third quarter of fiscal year 2021 (“3Q21”).
Cable TV Services
Cable TV service revenues reached P$57,433 million in 9M21 (-P$4,707 million vs. 9M20). Cable TV subscribers totaled approximately 3.6 million (+16 thousand vs.2Q21). Moreover, the monthly Cable TV ARPU (restated in constant currency as of September 30, 2021) reached P$1,749.2 during 9M21 (vs P$1,959.7 in 9M20). The effect generated by the restatement in terms of the measuring unit as of September 30, 2021 included in the ARPU amounts to P$211.5 and P$789.1, for the 9M21 and 9M20, respectively. Additionally, the average monthly churn during 9M21 and 9M20 was 1.1% and 0.9%, respectively.
During the third quarter of the year, the strategy to close alliances with OTT platforms in order to integrate them to Flow continued. Paramount+, Star+ and Amazon Prime Video were incorporated to Flow’s integrated applications offer.
As of As of September 30, September 30, 2021 2020 Δ Δ % ------------- ------------- --- ----- Pay TV Subscribers (in thousand) 3,561 3,568 (7) -0.2%
Links: Telecom Argentina
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices