Bolivia Digital TV News
Millicom selects Intraway for DTH provisioning
May 6, 2015 – Intraway has announced that Millicom has selected Intraway’s satellite television (DTH) solution to support the operation of its services in Latin America, which were commercially launched during the second trimester of 2014.
News categories: Intraway, Millicom, Leandro Rzezak, Vincencio Maya, Bolivia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Infrastructure, Paraguay, Satellite
In Latin America 51% of cable TV subscribers are digital
Sep 12, 2014 – BB-MEDIA Business Bureau has produced indices of the rate of conversion to digital of pay TV operators in Latin America. Overall little more than half of subscribers to cable TV have a digital service.
News categories: Business Bureau, Horacio Gennari, Christian Peralta, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Subscribers, Uruguay, Venezuela
Conax provides pay TV security for Millicom's Tigo DTH in LatAm
Sep 11, 2014 – Conax (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it is providing Millicom with content protection for its expanding cable and satellite Pay TV operations under the Tigo Star brand. Conax has entered a Supply Agreement with Millicom for its Tigo DTH LatAm operations.
News categories: Conax, Millicom, Luciano Marino, Rohit Mehra, Bolivia, Content Protection, Costa Rica, Digital TV, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, IBCShow, Satellite
Millicom selects Eutelsat for DTH pay TV in Latin America
May 22, 2014 – Millicom has confirmed that it has selected Eutelsat Americas (formerly Satmex) [Paris; NYSE Euronext: ETL) to support its recent entry into the satellite pay-TV market in Latin America.
News categories: Eutelsat, Millicom, Martin Lewerth, Bolivia, Digital TV, El Salvador, Infrastructure, Satellite
Tigo Bolivia satellite DTH launches
Apr 24, 2014 – Millicom (Stockholmsbörsen: MIC) has announced that its operation in Bolivia has launched the company’s first direct-to-home (DTH) satellite TV service.
News categories: Millicom, Tigo, Hans-Holger Albrecht, Bolivia, Digital TV, Satellite
Entel to offer satellite TV in Bolivia
Nov 20, 2013 – Bolivia's Entel has announced that, once the country's Túpac Katari communications satellite is in operation, the company plans to offer a nationwide digital satellite television service starting in 2014.
News categories: Entel, Bolivia, Digital TV, Satellite
Netflix Arrives In Latin America And The Caribbean
Sep 5, 2011 – Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) has launched in Brazil and will be launched in 43 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, providing instant and unlimited movies and TV shows streamed to computers, game consoles and other Internet connected devices.
News categories: Netflix, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Caribbean, Central America, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, OTT, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela
Bolivia to begin trial ISDB-T broadcasting in June
Apr 4, 2011 – Bolivia's state broadcaster Canal 7 Bolivia TV is to begin ISDB-T broadcasting trials in June in the regions of La Paz, Cochabamba and Santa Cruz.
News categories: Bolivia TV, Bolivia, ISDB-T, SBTVD, Terrestrial
Bolivia adopts ISDB-T as its standard for DTT
Jul 5, 2010 – The government of Bolivia, through Foreign Minister David Choquehuanca, has announced that it has adopted ISDB-T as its standard for digital terrestrial TV.
News categories: Bolivia, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Terrestrial
- More than 69 million pay TV subscribers in Latin America in Q2 2015
- Roku introduces Roku 4 with Roku OS 7
- Marvell provides SoCs for Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio
- HDMI Licensing launches HDMI 2.0 Certification Program
- Google announces additional Android TV partners
- NAGRA powers Hinduja Group NXT Digital 'HITS' platform
- Swisscom upgrades Verimatrix content protection to secure UHD service
- Digital TV Research Newsletter October 2015
- TiVo announces ad-skipping TiVo BOLT
- ATSC 3.0 Physical Layer elevated to 'Candidate Standard'
- Thomson Video Networks powers Ivory Coast DTT pilot
- Digital migration to kick-off in South Africa's Northern Cape
- Pay TV subscribers pass 5 million in Colombia
- Five developing markets offer opportunity for Netflix
- Wurl releases U.S. video viewing index
- Sentech delivers DTH and DTT via Intelsat 20
- Freeview trade mark licence to be granted only for HD products
- Arianespace to launch ARSAT-2 on September 30, 2015
- Broadcom powers D-Smart Digital Channel Stacker
- Brazil opens consultation on specifications for Ginga C middleware