Bolivia Digital TV News
In Latin America 51% of cable TV subscribers are digital
Sep 12, 2014 – BB-MEDIA Business Bureau has produced indices of the rate of conversion to digital of pay TV operators in Latin America. Overall little more than half of subscribers to cable TV have a digital service.
News categories: Business Bureau, Horacio Gennari, Christian Peralta, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Subscribers, Uruguay, Venezuela
Conax provides pay TV security for Millicom's Tigo DTH in LatAm
Sep 11, 2014 – Conax (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it is providing Millicom with content protection for its expanding cable and satellite Pay TV operations under the Tigo Star brand. Conax has entered a Supply Agreement with Millicom for its Tigo DTH LatAm operations.
News categories: Conax, Millicom, Luciano Marino, Rohit Mehra, Bolivia, Content Protection, Costa Rica, Digital TV, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, IBCShow, Satellite
Millicom selects Eutelsat for DTH pay TV in Latin America
May 22, 2014 – Millicom has confirmed that it has selected Eutelsat Americas (formerly Satmex) [Paris; NYSE Euronext: ETL) to support its recent entry into the satellite pay-TV market in Latin America.
News categories: Eutelsat, Millicom, Martin Lewerth, Bolivia, Digital TV, El Salvador, Infrastructure, Satellite
Tigo Bolivia satellite DTH launches
Apr 24, 2014 – Millicom (Stockholmsbörsen: MIC) has announced that its operation in Bolivia has launched the company’s first direct-to-home (DTH) satellite TV service.
News categories: Millicom, Tigo, Hans-Holger Albrecht, Bolivia, Digital TV, Satellite
Entel to offer satellite TV in Bolivia
Nov 20, 2013 – Bolivia's Entel has announced that, once the country's Túpac Katari communications satellite is in operation, the company plans to offer a nationwide digital satellite television service starting in 2014.
News categories: Entel, Bolivia, Digital TV, Satellite
Netflix Arrives In Latin America And The Caribbean
Sep 5, 2011 – Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) has launched in Brazil and will be launched in 43 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, providing instant and unlimited movies and TV shows streamed to computers, game consoles and other Internet connected devices.
News categories: Netflix, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Caribbean, Central America, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, OTT, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela
Bolivia to begin trial ISDB-T broadcasting in June
Apr 4, 2011 – Bolivia's state broadcaster Canal 7 Bolivia TV is to begin ISDB-T broadcasting trials in June in the regions of La Paz, Cochabamba and Santa Cruz.
News categories: Bolivia TV, Bolivia, ISDB-T, SBTVD, Terrestrial
Bolivia adopts ISDB-T as its standard for DTT
Jul 5, 2010 – The government of Bolivia, through Foreign Minister David Choquehuanca, has announced that it has adopted ISDB-T as its standard for digital terrestrial TV.
News categories: Bolivia, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Terrestrial
27.8 million will have IP Hybrid TV in Latin America by 2015
Jun 24, 2010 – According to a new report by NexTV Latam, there will be 27.8 million households with IP Hybrid TV in Latin America in 2015. 41.4% of the households with Hybrid IPTV will have an IP-DTH option, 38.4% IP-DTT and 20.2% IP-Digital Cable.
News categories: NexTV Latam, Argentina, Bolivia, Cable TV, Colombia, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- NVIDIA launches its first living-room entertainment device
- U.S. pay-TV providers lost 125,000 subscribers in 2014
- Greece's Nova chooses Harmonic headend for DTH
- Zenterio and RiksTV launch support for companion devices in Norway
- Telstra cements re-seller agreement with Presto
- Vodafone New Zealand partners with Netflix
- Quickplay demonstrates LTE Broadcast with Qualcomm at MWC15
- Connected TVs surpass connected Blu-ray Disc players in the U.S.
- Expway LTE Multicast middleware ported to Technicolor OTT set-top-box
- Pembroke Advanced Communications upgrades IPTV with Inca Networks
- T-Mobile launches mobile TV with Allegro DVT transcoders
- Spain's ONO to upgrade to latest TiVo APIs
- MEASAT and partners demo hybrid DVB-S2X/DVB-T2 4K 60p transmission system
- Broadcom adds two Ultra HD SoCs with MoCA 2.0
- Orion Telekom launches IPTV in Serbia with Cambium Networks
- Nippon TV and Newtec carry out world's first DVB-S2X 256APSK transmission
- Ericsson enables Tata Sky 4K video service
- Silicon Image introduces USB type-C port controllers with MHL Alt Mode
- Telstra deploys Ericsson LTE Broadcast to enable video-centric applications
- MediaTek announces ARM Cortex-A72-based tablet SoC