Bolivia Digital TV News
Millicom selects Eutelsat for DTH pay TV in Latin America
May 22, 2014 – Millicom has confirmed that it has selected Eutelsat Americas (formerly Satmex) [Paris; NYSE Euronext: ETL) to support its recent entry into the satellite pay-TV market in Latin America.
News categories: Eutelsat, Millicom, Martin Lewerth, Bolivia, Digital TV, El Salvador, Infrastructure, Satellite
Tigo Bolivia satellite DTH launches
Apr 24, 2014 – Millicom (Stockholmsbörsen: MIC) has announced that its operation in Bolivia has launched the company’s first direct-to-home (DTH) satellite TV service.
News categories: Millicom, Tigo, Hans-Holger Albrecht, Bolivia, Digital TV, Satellite
Entel to offer satellite TV in Bolivia
Nov 20, 2013 – Bolivia's Entel has announced that, once the country's Túpac Katari communications satellite is in operation, the company plans to offer a nationwide digital satellite television service starting in 2014.
News categories: Entel, Bolivia, Digital TV, Satellite
Netflix Arrives In Latin America And The Caribbean
Sep 5, 2011 – Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) has launched in Brazil and will be launched in 43 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, providing instant and unlimited movies and TV shows streamed to computers, game consoles and other Internet connected devices.
News categories: Netflix, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Caribbean, Central America, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, OTT, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela
Bolivia to begin trial ISDB-T broadcasting in June
Apr 4, 2011 – Bolivia's state broadcaster Canal 7 Bolivia TV is to begin ISDB-T broadcasting trials in June in the regions of La Paz, Cochabamba and Santa Cruz.
News categories: Bolivia TV, Bolivia, ISDB-T, SBTVD, Terrestrial
Bolivia adopts ISDB-T as its standard for DTT
Jul 5, 2010 – The government of Bolivia, through Foreign Minister David Choquehuanca, has announced that it has adopted ISDB-T as its standard for digital terrestrial TV.
News categories: Bolivia, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Terrestrial
27.8 million will have IP Hybrid TV in Latin America by 2015
Jun 24, 2010 – According to a new report by NexTV Latam, there will be 27.8 million households with IP Hybrid TV in Latin America in 2015. 41.4% of the households with Hybrid IPTV will have an IP-DTH option, 38.4% IP-DTT and 20.2% IP-Digital Cable.
News categories: NexTV Latam, Argentina, Bolivia, Cable TV, Colombia, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
COTAS launches digital TV in Bolivia with Motorola
Dec 16, 2009 – The Home & Networks Mobility unit of Motorola (NYSE: MOT) has been chosen by Bolivian cable operator COTAS for the implementation of its digital TV system, which will provide advanced television services to customers in Santa Cruz.
News categories: Motorola, COTAS, Bolivia, Cable TV, Infrastructure
Entel launches DTH in Bolivia
Oct 26, 2009 – Bolivia's Empresa Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (Entel S.A.) has launched its Entel TV direct-to-home (DTH) satellite pay TV service. Entel TV is the first platform in Bolivia to provide digital television in high definition (HD).
News categories: Entel S.A., Bolivia, Digital TV, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Comporium adds ARRIS TV-everywhere box to its offer
- SES launches digital TV platform for West Africa
- Satellite TV revenues to reach $100 billion
- STMicroelectronics Reports 2014 Second Quarter Financial Results
- Broadcom reports second quarter 2014 results
- Pay TV operator software spending shrinks in developed markets
- UK's YouView plans expansion
- Dish TV India adds 332 thousand subscribers in 2Q 2014
- Verizon adds 100,000 FiOS Video connections in 2Q 2014
- Comcast video subscribers down 144,000 in 2Q 2014
- Most sub-Saharan countries to miss 2015 TV switchover deadline
- Netflix adds 1.69 million members in 2Q 2014
- América Móvil pay TV subscribers pass 20 million
- Türk Telekom IPTV subscribers down 6,000 in 2Q 2014
- U.S. ownership of connected TV devices to grow 100% by 2017
- Global pay TV market to generate $280.4 billion in 2014
- Solbox streaming server supports HEVC and MPEG-DASH for Ultra HD
- Videocon d2h chooses Broadcom for HD Satellite DVR
- Beamly announces support for Android TV
- ARRIS and Wurl introduce OTT content portal for cable operators