Bolivia Digital TV News
Harmonic headend powers Entel Bolivia DTH service
Oct 28, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that telecommunications operator Entel Bolivia has deployed an integrated headend solution from Harmonic to power its direct-broadcast satellite (DBS) service.
News categories: Harmonic, Entel Bolivia, Alvaro Martin, Emilio Evia, Bolivia, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Satellite
Millicom releases Q3 2015 results
Oct 22, 2015 – Millicom has released its Q3 2015 results. Cable and Digital Media revenue grew strongly at 25.2%. Total Cable and Digital Media revenue generating units increased by 83,000 from Q2 2015 to 5.25 million.
News categories: Millicom, Bolivia, Cable TV, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Paraguay, Results, Subscribers
Millicom selects Intraway for DTH provisioning
May 6, 2015 – Intraway has announced that Millicom has selected Intraway’s satellite television (DTH) solution to support the operation of its services in Latin America, which were commercially launched during the second trimester of 2014.
News categories: Intraway, Millicom, Leandro Rzezak, Vincencio Maya, Bolivia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Infrastructure, Paraguay, Satellite
In Latin America 51% of cable TV subscribers are digital
Sep 12, 2014 – BB-MEDIA Business Bureau has produced indices of the rate of conversion to digital of pay TV operators in Latin America. Overall little more than half of subscribers to cable TV have a digital service.
News categories: Business Bureau, Horacio Gennari, Christian Peralta, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Subscribers, Uruguay, Venezuela
Conax provides pay TV security for Millicom's Tigo DTH in LatAm
Sep 11, 2014 – Conax (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it is providing Millicom with content protection for its expanding cable and satellite Pay TV operations under the Tigo Star brand. Conax has entered a Supply Agreement with Millicom for its Tigo DTH LatAm operations.
News categories: Conax, Millicom, Luciano Marino, Rohit Mehra, Bolivia, Content Protection, Costa Rica, Digital TV, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, IBCShow, Satellite
Millicom selects Eutelsat for DTH pay TV in Latin America
May 22, 2014 – Millicom has confirmed that it has selected Eutelsat Americas (formerly Satmex) [Paris; NYSE Euronext: ETL) to support its recent entry into the satellite pay-TV market in Latin America.
News categories: Eutelsat, Millicom, Martin Lewerth, Bolivia, Digital TV, El Salvador, Infrastructure, Satellite
Tigo Bolivia satellite DTH launches
Apr 24, 2014 – Millicom (Stockholmsbörsen: MIC) has announced that its operation in Bolivia has launched the company’s first direct-to-home (DTH) satellite TV service.
News categories: Millicom, Tigo, Hans-Holger Albrecht, Bolivia, Digital TV, Satellite
Entel to offer satellite TV in Bolivia
Nov 20, 2013 – Bolivia's Entel has announced that, once the country's Túpac Katari communications satellite is in operation, the company plans to offer a nationwide digital satellite television service starting in 2014.
News categories: Entel, Bolivia, Digital TV, Satellite
Netflix Arrives In Latin America And The Caribbean
Sep 5, 2011 – Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) has launched in Brazil and will be launched in 43 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, providing instant and unlimited movies and TV shows streamed to computers, game consoles and other Internet connected devices.
News categories: Netflix, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Caribbean, Central America, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, OTT, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela
- Accenture enables Mediaset Premium OTT
- TWC residential video subscribers up 21,000 in 1Q 2016
- CNN launch partner for comScore combined TV and digital audience metrics
- Verizon, Telstra, kt and EE launch LTE-Broadcast Alliance
- IoT to Account for 28% of Wireless Connectivity IC Market by 2021
- Airtel Digital TV adds 619,000 subscribers in 1Q 2016
- ZTE trials AndroidTV STB at Tokushima Cable
- Global pay TV revenues to peak in 2018
- DIRECTV up 328k; U-Verse down 382k; DTVLA down 73k subscribers in 1Q 2016
- FCC consults on ATSC 3.0 physical layer deployment
- StarHub adopts NAGRA's Netflix solution for STBs
- TalkTalk introduces TalkTalk TV Store
- iWedia Teatro-3.0 STB software now available on HiSilicon SoCs
- iWedia and DMT partner for UHD IPTV/OTT hybrid STBs running Android TV
- Comigo and Keepixo team up for end-to-end OTT solution
- Vietnam's VSTV selects Irdeto for OTT service
- SoftAtHome provides software for Mobistar unbundled cable
- MPEG LA expands HEVC licence coverage
- 4K STB market to be worth $3.65 billion by 2024
- Omantel opts for ARRIS set-top boxes