Bangladesh Digital TV News
Binge digital entertainment platform launches in Bangladesh
May 22, 2020 – RedDot Digital has launched Binge, Bangladesh's largest digital entertainment platform. Binge is accessible through Android smartphones as well as in smart TVs. There is also a dedicated Binge device.
News categories: Robi, Genex Infosys, Dr. Asif Naimur Rashid, Apps, Bangladesh, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Eros Now enters Bangladesh in partnership with Allianz Holdings
May 18, 2020 – Eros Now (NYSE: EROS) has announced a deal with Allianz International Holdings Limited. As part of the collaboration, Allianz Holdings will distribute the video-on-demand service in Bangladesh.
News categories: Eros Now, Allianz International, Eros Digital, Ali Hussein, Dr. Sakib M Rahman, Rishika Lulla Singh, Bangladesh, Digital TV, OTT
BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
Sep 14, 2019 – Beximco Communications (BexCom) has selected Irdeto to securely deliver content through its DTH service, AKASH. BexCom launched its platform in Bangladesh using Irdeto Cloaked CA to ensure the highest levels of security for its content.
News categories: Irdeto, Beximco, AKASH, Doug Lowther, DS Faisal Hyder, Bangladesh, Content Protection, Digital TV, Satellite
Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
May 16, 2019 – Beximco Communications has launched a DTH service in Bangladesh under the brand name AKASH. The service will be available from May 19 at authorised retails in 20 districts. AKASH includes a large bouquet of Bangladeshi and foreign TV channels.
News categories: Beximco, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Satellite
Telenor and Axiata enter discussions to merge Asian operations
May 6, 2019 – Telenor and Axiata Group are in discussions regarding a potential non-cash combination of their telecom and infrastructure assets in Asia, in which Telenor would take a majority stake. It is anticipated that Telenor will own 56.5% and Axiata will own 43.5%.
News categories: Telenor, Axiata, Gunn Wærsted, Sigve Brekke, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, MnA, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Thailand
Robi and Bongo to launch video streaming in Bangladesh
Apr 2, 2019 – Robi Axiata and Stellar Digital, popularly known as Bongo, have announced that they plan to offer an on-demand video streaming service to Robi and Airtel subscribers. The commercial free service includes live TV as well as video on demand content.
News categories: Robi Axiata, Stellar Digital, Mahtab Uddin Ahmed, Ahad Mohammad Bha, Bangladesh, Digital TV, OTT
SAARC Pay TV and SVOD subscribers to reach 371 million in 2023
Jun 8, 2018 – According to Dataxis, Pay TV and OTT (SVOD) subscribers in SAARC countries are projected to reach 371 million in 2023, growing at a CAGR of 7.4% compared to 226 million in 2017.
News categories: Dataxis, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, The Maldives
2.8 million SVOD subscribers in SAARC countries in Q2 2017
Oct 13, 2017 – According to Dataxis, in the second quarter of 2017, SVOD subscribers in SAARC countries reached 2.8 million at a quarter on quarter rate of 89%, compared to 1.5 million in the second quarter of 2016. India is by far the biggest SVOD market.
News categories: Dataxis, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Myanmar, Nepal, OTT, Pakistan, Subscribers, The Maldives
SAARC pay TV market value will double by 2021
Apr 12, 2017 – According to Dataxis, the major SAARC countries (India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka) plus Myanmar will see their pay TV market doubled by 2021, to reach US$ 16 billion compared to just US$ 8 billion in 2016.
News categories: Dataxis, Bangladesh, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert