Poland Digital TV News
Cyfrowy Polsat contract pay TV subscribers down 22,000 in 1Q 2019
May 14, 2019 – Cyfrowy Polsat Group has reported results for the first quarter of 2019. The company finished the quarter with 5.1 million contract pay TV subscribers, down 21,000 versus the end of 2018, and up 93,000 year-on-year. In March 2019 Cyfrowy Polsat introduced its EVOBOX IP set-top box.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Poland, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Liberty Global organic video subscriber losses at 60,500 for 1Q 2019
May 6, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced its financial results for the first quarter of 2019. The company's Vodafone and Sunrise transactions remain on track to close during the summer of 2019 and Q4 2019, respectively.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Poland, Results, Romania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
Orange TV subscribers up 105,000 in 1Q 2019
Apr 30, 2019 – Orange has released results to 31 March 2019. The company finished the quarter with 9.658 million IPTV and satellite customers, up 105,000 in the quarter. All markets saw a rise in numbers except for Spain where subscriptions fell by 11,000.
News categories: Orange, Belgium, Digital TV, Europe, France, IPTV, Luxembourg, Poland, Results, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers
Anevia selected by INEA for multi-screen TV on ADB's platform
Apr 24, 2019 – Anevia has announced that it has been selected by INEA to roll out multi-screen TV services to INEA’s customers in Poland. The solution combines Anevia's software video-delivery platform with the graphyne2 service delivery platform from ADB.
News categories: Anevia, INEA, ADB, Damien Lucas, Michał Bartkowiak, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, TV Everywhere, UX
ADB selected by Poland's INEA for its HIWAY IP-based pay-TV system
Apr 3, 2019 – Poland's INEA has chosen ADB's graphyne2™ to fulfill its objectives in migration to a new, IP and fiber based advanced pay-TV system. The solution enables the operator to further expand its service to mobile devices, offering a multi-screen TV service to its subscribers.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, INEA, Jacek Galik, Michał Bartkowiak, Digital TV, IPTV, Poland, Set Top Box, UX
Cyfrowy Polsat launches OTT TV service and set-top box
Mar 25, 2019 – Cyfrowy Polsat has introduced an IPTV service, thanks to which viewers will be able to watch TV channels over broadband without the need to install a satellite dish. The service is accompanied by a new EVOBOX IP set-top box.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Maciej Stec, Dariusz Działkowski, Digital TV, OTT, Poland, Set Top Box
MaxLinear satellite receiver powers Cyfrowy Polsat's Evobox HD
Sep 18, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced that Cyfrowy Polsat has selected its MxL541C for its Evobox HD STB, the latest product in its Evobox product line. The MxL541C is a four-channel satellite receiver and Evobox HD STB makes use of the device’s very low power consumption and its Unicable support.
News categories: MaxLinear, Cyfrowy Polsat, Will Torgerson, Dariusz Działkowski, Digital TV, Poland, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Eastern European OTT revenues to triple
Aug 21, 2018 – According to Digital TV Research, OTT TV episode and movie revenues for Eastern European countries will reach $3.51 billion in 2023; more than triple the $1.01 billion recorded in 2017. Russia will then account for 40% of the region’s OTT revenues.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, OTT, Poland, Romania, Russia, Subscribers, Ukraine
ADB provides gateway to Netia in Poland
Apr 17, 2018 – ADB has announced that Netia has chosen ADB’s VV 5822 gateway to deliver multimedia services to individual and business customers. The platform is equipped with ADB’s Epicentro software.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Netia, Jacek Galik, Bartłomiej Zaremba, CPE, Digital TV, IPTV, Poland
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism
- WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station
- 3SS and Media Distillery team up for ultra-personalized AI-powered TV
- Redbox selects You.i TV to develop React Native app on Roku
- MainStreaming secures $6 million funding
- Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
- SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
- Four media measurement bodies form global alliance
- Philo brings streaming TV to WOW! broadband customers
- FreeWheel announces programmatic OTT offering for local TV buyers
- Cyfrowy Polsat contract pay TV subscribers down 22,000 in 1Q 2019
- Digital Alert Systems and Kaltura bring EAS Alerts to Cloud TV services
- Telestream and NPAW integrate video monitoring and analytics platforms
- Cross channel ad management and tracking help drive video ad tech market