Poland Digital TV News
Cyfrowy Polsat launches OTT TV via new set-top-box
Jul 15, 2019 – Cyfrowy Polsat has launched an OTT TV service. The service is available on a new set-top-box, EVOBOX STREAM, either with a contract or PAYG. As well as the OTT TV offering the box can receive free-to-air DTT channels with the addition of a DVB-T antenna.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Maciej Stec, Digital TV, OTT, Poland, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Nielsen launches global measurement for YouTube mobile app
Jun 3, 2019 – Nielsen has announced that it has expanded advertising measurement on YouTube’s mobile app to 26 additional markets. Now available in 34 markets, the service provides cross-device measurement of advertising audiences across computer and mobile devices.
News categories: Nielsen, Amanda Tarpey, Advertising, Belgium, Big Data, Brazil, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, OTT, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE
Cyfrowy Polsat contract pay TV subscribers down 22,000 in 1Q 2019
May 14, 2019 – Cyfrowy Polsat Group has reported results for the first quarter of 2019. The company finished the quarter with 5.1 million contract pay TV subscribers, down 21,000 versus the end of 2018, and up 93,000 year-on-year. In March 2019 Cyfrowy Polsat introduced its EVOBOX IP set-top box.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Poland, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Liberty Global organic video subscriber losses at 60,500 for 1Q 2019
May 6, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced its financial results for the first quarter of 2019. The company's Vodafone and Sunrise transactions remain on track to close during the summer of 2019 and Q4 2019, respectively.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Poland, Results, Romania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
Orange TV subscribers up 105,000 in 1Q 2019
Apr 30, 2019 – Orange has released results to 31 March 2019. The company finished the quarter with 9.658 million IPTV and satellite customers, up 105,000 in the quarter. All markets saw a rise in numbers except for Spain where subscriptions fell by 11,000.
News categories: Orange, Belgium, Digital TV, Europe, France, IPTV, Luxembourg, Poland, Results, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers
Anevia selected by INEA for multi-screen TV on ADB's platform
Apr 24, 2019 – Anevia has announced that it has been selected by INEA to roll out multi-screen TV services to INEA’s customers in Poland. The solution combines Anevia's software video-delivery platform with the graphyne2 service delivery platform from ADB.
News categories: Anevia, INEA, ADB, Damien Lucas, Michał Bartkowiak, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Poland, TV Everywhere, UX
ADB selected by Poland's INEA for its HIWAY IP-based pay-TV system
Apr 3, 2019 – Poland's INEA has chosen ADB's graphyne2™ to fulfill its objectives in migration to a new, IP and fiber based advanced pay-TV system. The solution enables the operator to further expand its service to mobile devices, offering a multi-screen TV service to its subscribers.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, INEA, Jacek Galik, Michał Bartkowiak, Digital TV, IPTV, Poland, Set Top Box, UX
Cyfrowy Polsat launches IPTV service and set-top box
Mar 25, 2019 – Cyfrowy Polsat has introduced an IPTV service, thanks to which viewers will be able to watch TV channels over broadband without the need to install a satellite dish. The service is accompanied by a new EVOBOX IP set-top box.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Maciej Stec, Dariusz Działkowski, Digital TV, OTT, Poland, Set Top Box
MaxLinear satellite receiver powers Cyfrowy Polsat's Evobox HD
Sep 18, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced that Cyfrowy Polsat has selected its MxL541C for its Evobox HD STB, the latest product in its Evobox product line. The MxL541C is a four-channel satellite receiver and Evobox HD STB makes use of the device’s very low power consumption and its Unicable support.
News categories: MaxLinear, Cyfrowy Polsat, Will Torgerson, Dariusz Działkowski, Digital TV, Poland, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019