Poland Digital TV News
MaxLinear satellite receiver powers Cyfrowy Polsat's Evobox HD
Sep 18, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced that Cyfrowy Polsat has selected its MxL541C for its Evobox HD STB, the latest product in its Evobox product line. The MxL541C is a four-channel satellite receiver and Evobox HD STB makes use of the device’s very low power consumption and its Unicable support.
News categories: MaxLinear, Cyfrowy Polsat, Will Torgerson, Dariusz Działkowski, Digital TV, Poland, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Eastern European OTT revenues to triple
Aug 21, 2018 – According to Digital TV Research, OTT TV episode and movie revenues for Eastern European countries will reach $3.51 billion in 2023; more than triple the $1.01 billion recorded in 2017. Russia will then account for 40% of the region’s OTT revenues.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, OTT, Poland, Romania, Russia, Subscribers, Ukraine
ADB provides gateway to Netia in Poland
Apr 17, 2018 – ADB has announced that Netia has chosen ADB’s VV 5822 gateway to deliver multimedia services to individual and business customers. The platform is equipped with ADB’s Epicentro software.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Netia, Jacek Galik, Bartłomiej Zaremba, CPE, Digital TV, IPTV, Poland
Liberty Global withdraws application to acquire Multimedia Polska
Mar 23, 2018 – UPC Polska has announced that it has withdrawn its application for regulatory clearance to acquire Multimedia Polska after failing to agree on revised commercial terms with the sellers that take into account current regulatory and market conditions.
News categories: Liberty Global, Multimedia Polska, UPC Polska, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Poland
Warburg Pincus sells Poland's INEA to Macquarie
Dec 5, 2017 – Warburg Pincus has announced that funds affiliated with the firm have entered into a definitive agreement to sell their majority stake in INEA, the FTTH and cable operator in Western Poland, to Macquarie European Infrastructure Fund 5 (MEIF5).
News categories: Warburg Pincus, Macquarie, INEA, Adarsh Sarma, Leigh Harrison, Janusz Kosinski, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Poland
Netflix and Deutsche Telekom strike international partnership
Nov 22, 2017 – Netflix and Deutsche Telekom (DT) have announced a partnership enabling all DT subsidiaries to benefit from the company's relationship with Netflix. So far, Telekom customers in Germany, Poland and the Netherlands have benefited from the cooperation.
News categories: Netflix, Deutsche Telekom, Maria Ferreras, Thomas Kicker, Apps, Croatia, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, IPTV, Multiscreen, Netherlands, OTT, Poland, Romania, Set Top Box
4K set-top box with ADB technology driving the nc+ offer
Nov 10, 2017 – nc+ has made available a 4K set-top box powered by software from ADB. With the box, Polish satellite TV subscribers for the first time will be able to watch content in UHD including live channels, VOD movies and internet services.
News categories: ADB, nc+, Jacek Galik, Digital TV, Poland, Satellite, Set Top Box
Multimedia Polska streamlines content security with ARRIS upgrade
Sep 15, 2017 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has completed a strategic upgrade of content security for Multimedia Polska (MMP), as part of the operator's Video 3 architecture plan – a network upgrade project to streamline video delivery.
News categories: ARRIS International, Multimedia Polska, JP Heron, Bartlomiej Kasinski, Jerzy Zieliński, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Poland, Set Top Box
Orange and Netflix ink major international agreement
Sep 14, 2017 – Orange and Netflix have renewed the agreement signed in 2014 for the distribution of Netflix for Orange TV customers in France, and have expanded their partnership to all countries in which the Orange Group is present.
News categories: Netflix, Orange, Reed Hastings, Stéphane Richard, Belgium, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, DRC, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, France, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Iraq, Jordan, Liberia, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritius, Moldova, Morocco, Niger, OTT, Poland, Romania, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Spain, Tunisia
- Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
- DAZN drives global growth via social video with Grabyo
- Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
- TDG research shows sensitivity of Netflix subscribers to price rises
- Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
- Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
- 16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
- OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
- Mediamorph achieves record customer acquisitions in 2018
- Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
- ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
- SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
- Mirada multiscreen solution launches at One Communications in Bermuda
- Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV
- TrueVisions extends CA partnership with Synamedia
- Liberty Latin America confirms discussions with Millicom
- NBCUniversal announces Direct-to-Consumer streaming service
- Syncbak to debut straight to OTT syndication marketplace at NATPE 2019
- Endeavor video technology with NeuLion becomes Endeavor Streaming
- TrueVisions takes Ku-band capacity on Thaicom-8