Taiwan Digital TV News
NAGRA extends content protection partnership with kbro in Taiwan
Jan 30, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has extended its content protection partnership with kbro, Taiwan’s number one cable operator, to include the service provider’s new 4K Ultra HD service delivered over a hybrid cable and OTT network.
News categories: NAGRA, kbro, Stéphane Le Dréau, Alex Hsieh, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Kbro chooses Alticast middleware to power upgrade to Android TV
Dec 18, 2018 – Taiwan's Kbro has selected Alticast’s AltiPlatform as the middleware to integrate its existing service infrastructure with Android TV. The upgrade will combine the operator’s traditional cable services with numerous OTT options.
News categories: Alticast, Kbro, Dosa Park, Chipin Chen, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Taiwan, UX
Brightcove commissions study of pay and OTT TV in Taiwan
Oct 29, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced findings from a study carried out with YouGov and Cleeng. The study highlighted trends in video consumption, preferences towards cable TV and OTT TV services, motivators that drive pay TV and OTT TV adoption, and payment preferences in Taiwan.
News categories: Brightcove, Cleeng, YouGov, Ben Morrell, Digital TV, Market Research, Taiwan
Casbaa releases updated pay TV and OTT Regulatory Review for Asia
Jul 19, 2018 – Casbaa has released a review of OTT and regulatory policies for the video industry around Asia. Based on a year-long study of legal frameworks and government policies, Casbaa has examined key issues in regulation of the pay TV and online video industry.
News categories: Casbaa, Louis Boswell, John Medeiros, Australia, Cambodia, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, USA, Vietnam
Broadpeak powers OTT service from Taiwan Broadband Communications
Jul 12, 2018 – Broadpeak has announced that Taiwan Broadband Communications (TBC) has launched an OTT service called TBC GO using Broadpeak's CDN solutions. TBC has deployed Broadpeak's BkS400 HTTP video cache servers and BkM100 video delivery manager.
News categories: Broadpeak, Taiwan Broadband Communications, Jacques Le Mancq, Jimmy Chen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Taiwan
NAGRA powers new OTT service for Taiwan Broadband Communications
Jun 6, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it is providing an OTT platform for Taiwan Broadband Communications (TBC). Powered by NAGRA’s OpenTV Suite, TBC’s OTT service will give consumers 'on-the-go' access to live TV plus advanced features such as VOD.
News categories: NAGRA, Taiwan Broadband Communications, Stéphane Le Dréau, Jimmy Chen, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Taiwan, UX
HiNet selects Anevia software to add further CDN capacity
May 23, 2018 – Anevia is helping HiNet further expand its extensive TV network. HiNet is the data communications business group of Chunghwa Telecom and the deal marks a landmark in Anevia’s strategic expansion into the APAC region.
News categories: Anevia, HiNet, Antoine Hugoo, Peter Chou, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Taiwan
Chunghwa Telecom upgrades to Verimatrix VCAS Ultra to secure UHD/4K services
Apr 9, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that as Chunghwa Telecom expands its multimedia on demand (MoD) offering to include UHD/4K streaming, it has deployed VCAS Ultra to secure new delivery models and support next-generation services and technology.
News categories: Verimatrix, Chunghwa Telecom, Steve Oetegenn, Dr. Chih-Cheng Lo, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, NABShow, Taiwan
Asian pay TV subscribers with 4K STBs reached 53.6 million in 2017
Mar 30, 2018 – According to Dataxis, the number of Pay TV subscribers in Asia owning a 4K set top box reached 53.6 million at the end of 2017. So far, more than 30 Pay TV operators have launched 4K set-top-boxes in Asia.
News categories: Dataxis, Australia, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Market Research, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Taiwan
- Afghanistan Broadcasting System selects EUTELSAT 53A as its DTH platform
- StarHub pay TV households down 49,000 in 2018
- Encoding.com selected by Akamai as preferred partner for VOD transcoding
- U.S. smart speaker sales will exceed 64 million in 2022
- Brightcove to acquire Ooyala’s online video platform business
- DISH TV down ~380k; Sling TV up ~50k subs in 4Q 2018
- TVSquared partners with TiVo for deterministic attribution
- Telenet designs new YUGO bundle entirely around the smartphone
- FreeWheel chooses Nielsen to power audience-based multiscreen TV advertising
- GTPL Hathway adds 170,000 CATV digital subscribers in 4Q 2018
- Tastemade expands linear OTT footprint with Amagi
- FreeWheel Council for Premium Video Europe releases paper on programmatic technology
- Ethiopian broadcasters take video capacity on EUTELSAT 8 West B
- Survey finds one in four Malaysian consumers use pirate TV boxes
- Digital Voice Assistants in use to triple to 8 billion by 2023
- Amazon to acquire mesh WiFi company, eero
- LiveRamp expands identity solution to include connected TV
- CuriosityStream raises $140M in private placement
- Hong Kong to begin analogue TV switch off on November 30, 2020
- China's online video subscribers to surpass 300 million in 2019