Taiwan Digital TV News
Nielsen launches global measurement for YouTube mobile app
Jun 3, 2019 – Nielsen has announced that it has expanded advertising measurement on YouTube’s mobile app to 26 additional markets. Now available in 34 markets, the service provides cross-device measurement of advertising audiences across computer and mobile devices.
News categories: Nielsen, Amanda Tarpey, Advertising, Belgium, Big Data, Brazil, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, OTT, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE
Chinese makers starting to dominate large LCD TV panel supply
Apr 30, 2019 – With Chinese panel makers accelerating the mass production of large TFT LCD TV panels faster than expected, they accounted for 33.9% of 60" and larger LCD TV panel shipments in the first quarter of 2019, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Robin Wu, China, Digital TV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Smart TV, Taiwan, Worldwide
NAGRA extends content protection partnership with kbro in Taiwan
Jan 30, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has extended its content protection partnership with kbro, Taiwan’s number one cable operator, to include the service provider’s new 4K Ultra HD service delivered over a hybrid cable and OTT network.
News categories: NAGRA, kbro, Stéphane Le Dréau, Alex Hsieh, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Kbro chooses Alticast middleware to power upgrade to Android TV
Dec 18, 2018 – Taiwan's Kbro has selected Alticast’s AltiPlatform as the middleware to integrate its existing service infrastructure with Android TV. The upgrade will combine the operator’s traditional cable services with numerous OTT options.
News categories: Alticast, Kbro, Dosa Park, Chipin Chen, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Taiwan, UX
Brightcove commissions study of pay and OTT TV in Taiwan
Oct 29, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced findings from a study carried out with YouGov and Cleeng. The study highlighted trends in video consumption, preferences towards cable TV and OTT TV services, motivators that drive pay TV and OTT TV adoption, and payment preferences in Taiwan.
News categories: Brightcove, Cleeng, YouGov, Ben Morrell, Digital TV, Market Research, Taiwan
Casbaa releases updated pay TV and OTT Regulatory Review for Asia
Jul 19, 2018 – Casbaa has released a review of OTT and regulatory policies for the video industry around Asia. Based on a year-long study of legal frameworks and government policies, Casbaa has examined key issues in regulation of the pay TV and online video industry.
News categories: Casbaa, Louis Boswell, John Medeiros, Australia, Cambodia, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, USA, Vietnam
Broadpeak powers OTT service from Taiwan Broadband Communications
Jul 12, 2018 – Broadpeak has announced that Taiwan Broadband Communications (TBC) has launched an OTT service called TBC GO using Broadpeak's CDN solutions. TBC has deployed Broadpeak's BkS400 HTTP video cache servers and BkM100 video delivery manager.
News categories: Broadpeak, Taiwan Broadband Communications, Jacques Le Mancq, Jimmy Chen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Taiwan
NAGRA powers new OTT service for Taiwan Broadband Communications
Jun 6, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it is providing an OTT platform for Taiwan Broadband Communications (TBC). Powered by NAGRA’s OpenTV Suite, TBC’s OTT service will give consumers 'on-the-go' access to live TV plus advanced features such as VOD.
News categories: NAGRA, Taiwan Broadband Communications, Stéphane Le Dréau, Jimmy Chen, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Taiwan, UX
HiNet selects Anevia software to add further CDN capacity
May 23, 2018 – Anevia is helping HiNet further expand its extensive TV network. HiNet is the data communications business group of Chunghwa Telecom and the deal marks a landmark in Anevia’s strategic expansion into the APAC region.
News categories: Anevia, HiNet, Antoine Hugoo, Peter Chou, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Taiwan
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019