BroadcastAsia / CommunicAsia 2017: May 23-25, 2017: Singapore
SERAPHIC and IRT show latest HbbTV 2 features at BroadcastAsia 2017
May 24, 2017 – SERAPHIC has announced that it supports the latest HbbTV 2.0.1 specification in its HbbTV solution. To demonstrate the features, SERAPHIC has partnered with IRT to showcase ARD Mediathek at BroadcastAsia 2017.
News categories: SERAPHIC, IRT, Ye Wang, Klaus Merkel, BroadcastAsia, Digital TV, HbbTV, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca acquires Squadeo
May 24, 2017 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that it has acquired Squadeo. The integration of Squadeo’s multimedia QuickPlayer further strengthens Viaccess-Orca’s Connected Sentinel Player (CSP) offering, enabling an end-to-end solution for delivering live and VOD content.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Squadeo, Paul Molinier, Nicolas Delahaye, BroadcastAsia, Digital TV, Media Player, MnA, Multiscreen, Worldwide
Irdeto watermarking passes ChinaDRM security tests
May 24, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that its Irdeto TraceMark forensic watermarking solution has passed ChinaDRM Lab’s security evaluation test. The certification will enable operators in China to monetize OTT offerings.
News categories: Irdeto, SAPPRFT, Rory O’Connor, BroadcastAsia, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, Watermarking
Bridge Technologies monitors IP networks for TOT in Thailand
May 23, 2017 – Bridge Technologies has announced the successful deployment of Bridge Technologies’ award winning video services monitoring solution at TOT. Advanced Digital Tech (ADT) also played a key role in the project.
News categories: Bridge Technologies, TOT Public Company Limited, James Chance, Sarotphi Phiraphong, BroadcastAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, Thailand
SERAPHIC partners with ALi to launch Sraf Lite browser
May 23, 2017 – SERAPHIC has announced that it has partnered with ALi to launch its Sraf Lite browser. The browser is optimized for DTV/STB products and leverages the latest HTML5 technologies to run modern web applications.
News categories: SERAPHIC, ALi Corp, Ye, Wang, Tony Chang, BroadcastAsia, Digital TV, HTML5, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
iWedia and Amlogic combine for Android TV
May 23, 2017 – iWedia has announced that it has joined forces with Amlogic to deliver a combined software and hardware solution for Android TV. The solution consists of iWedia's Teatro-3.5 software ported to Amlogic's S905D set-top box SoC.
News categories: iWedia, Amlogic, Nikola Teslić, James Xie, BroadcastAsia, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Opera TV ported to ALi STB SoCs
May 22, 2017 – Opera TV and ALi Corporation have announced the integration of Opera TV’s solution into ALi's set-top box (STB) SoCs. The market-ready combination provides consumers with access to OTT content directly from their STB.
News categories: Opera, ALi Corp, Aneesh Rajaram, Tony Chang, Apps, BroadcastAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Squadeo launches Widevine everywhere on mobiles, tablets, PC, Mac
May 19, 2017 – Squadeo has announced the availability of Widevine DRM across mobiles, tablets, PC and Mac, allowing video service providers to simplify deployments by relying on 'one single protocol, one single DRM and one single player' across all platforms.
News categories: Squadeo, Widevine, BroadcastAsia, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Worldwide
RSCRYPTO joins Frog by Wyplay community, updates CA
May 19, 2017 – RSCRYPTO has announced that it has joined more than 150 companies in the Frog by Wyplay Community. At the same time it has launched its next generation CAS-PHI CAS 2.5 which enables operators to take control of their own security.
News categories: RSCRYPTO, Wyplay, Levent Le, Dominique Feral, BroadcastAsia, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Nearly 5 million in France watch TV on a second screen each day
- Fiji selects EUTELSAT 172B to provide universal TV access
- Médiamétrie releases survey of SVOD market in France
- Netflix and Deutsche Telekom strike international partnership
- HbbTV and RadioDNS start HbbTV application discovery service
- Witbe and Divitel offer QoE management in Benelux & DACH
- Espial Elevate introduces Amazon Alexa voice support
- U.S. DOJ challenges AT&T/DIRECTV acquisition of Time Warner
- China and North America TV shipments fall sharply in Q3 2017
- NexPlayer HTML5 player now compatible with Conviva QoE platform
- Marvell and Cavium to combine
- Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone and Telefónica top telcos in Europe
- TV Plus DTH renews contract to use Intelsat 19
- RSCRYPTO announces availability on Mstar chips
- ATP expands partnership with Amazon Prime Video
- U.S. multichannel subscriber losses top 1 million in 3Q 2017
- Sinclair Broadcast and ONE Media set for ATSC 3.0 deployment
- FCC authorizes ATSC 3.0 transmission standard
- ADB wins new project with Melita in Malta
- black launches HD smart box in South Africa