Singapore Digital TV News
Singtel, Optus, Ericsson and OPPO make 5G AR call between Singapore and Australia
Feb 22, 2019 – Singtel, Optus and Ericsson have made a 5G video call with Augmented Reality (AR) between Singapore and Australia. Made with OPPO 5G test devices, the call marks the latest 5G highlight for Singtel, Optus, Ericsson and OPPO.
News categories: Singtel, Optus, Ericsson, OPPO, Mark Chong, Allen Lew, Martin Wiktorin, Peter Huang, 5G, Australia, Digital TV, Singapore, VR
StarHub pay TV households down 49,000 in 2018
Feb 14, 2019 – StarHub has announced results for the period ended 31 December 2018. At year-end, Pay TV households stood at 409,000 after the quarter's net churn of 14,000 households. Compared to a year ago, Pay TV households were lower by 49,000 or 10.8%.
News categories: StarHub, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Singapore, Subscribers
Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
Jan 18, 2019 – The Singapore government has announced that it will be amending its Copyright Act. Measures to deter retailers from profiting from providing access to content through unauthorised sources, such as TV boxes, will be added.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Louis Boswell, Neil Gane, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Regulation, Singapore
Survey finds 15% of Singapore consumers use Illicit Streaming Devices
Nov 28, 2018 – A study of the content viewing behaviour of Singaporean consumers, commissioned by the Asia Video Industry Association, has revealed that 15% use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Neil Gane, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Singapore
Ooyala powers StarHub Go Streaming Box
Nov 7, 2018 – StarHub has launched an all-in-one entertainment destination - the StarHub Go Streaming Box, powered by the Ooyala Online Video Solution. The box is the first in the world to run on the Operator Tier version of Android TV Oreo.
News categories: Ooyala, StarHub, Jonathan Huberman, Chong Siew Loong, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Singapore
Accedo powers StarHub’s new Android TV service
Sep 11, 2018 – Accedo has announced that its Studio Pay TV Android TV Launcher is powering the newly-launched Android TV Operator Tier STB TV offering from StarHub. Branded as the StarHub Go Streaming Box, the Android TV STB service extends the StarHub Go OTT service to the living room.
News categories: Accedo, StarHub, Michael Lantz, Chong Siew Loong, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC, OTT, Set Top Box, Singapore, UX
StarHub first with Operator Tier version of Android TV Oreo
Aug 30, 2018 – StarHub has unveiled the StarHub Go Streaming Box, an all-in-one entertainment destination combining the best of StarHub’s content catalogue and the Google Play store. Powered by Android TV Oreo, the box comes preloaded with a Go Family subscription, which includes over 50 channels.
News categories: StarHub, Justin Ang, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore
Casbaa releases updated pay TV and OTT Regulatory Review for Asia
Jul 19, 2018 – Casbaa has released a review of OTT and regulatory policies for the video industry around Asia. Based on a year-long study of legal frameworks and government policies, Casbaa has examined key issues in regulation of the pay TV and online video industry.
News categories: Casbaa, Louis Boswell, John Medeiros, Australia, Cambodia, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, USA, Vietnam
Brightcove releases research on OTT TV adoption in Asia
Jun 27, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced findings from a study carried out in partnership with YouGov that polled 5,000 participants across Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Singapore, and Thailand. The purpose was to discover how consumers are responding to OTT TV services.
News categories: Brightcove, YouGov, Ben Morrell, Asia, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Market Research, OTT, Singapore, Thailand
- Interra Systems adds support for Dolby Vision to its QC platform
- Global SVoD revenues to grow 25% in 2019 to $36bn
- Rohde & Schwarz wins DVB-T2 transmitter contract in Egypt
- Allegro DVT introduces real-time AV1 encoder IP for 4K/UHD video
- Double digit growth for flat panel displays in 2018
- FreeWheel and A+E Networks pilot unified ad decisioning engine
- GatesAir and Foccus Digital upgrade ISDB-Tb transmitters for TV Record in Brazil
- Global 5G smartphone shipments to reach 5 million units in 2019
- Atlantic Broadband brings new TiVo experience to Low Country area of South Carolina
- Deltatre releases report on sports streaming
- Shemaroo enters the US market with ShemarooMe VOD launch
- Philo unveils connected TV ad platform
- Swisscom switches on Switzerland’s first 5G network
- US SVOD subscriptions to reach 270 million
- Premium video solidifies its position in the European marketplace
- Amazon bulk certifies Espial Elevate operators for Alexa voice control
- ACCESS acquires NetRange
- AT&T sells Hulu minority stake back to Hulu
- Witbe implements Nielsen Watermark Detection
- TekSavvy TV launching in Toronto