Hong Kong (HK) Digital TV News
PCCW Media selects Harmonic media processing SaaS
Apr 7, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that PCCW Media is using Harmonic's VOS Cluster SaaS for its Now TV, now Player and Now E services. VOS Cluster cloud-native media processing speeds up time to market for new services.
News categories: Harmonic, PCCW, Tony Berthaud, Belinda Chan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, NABShow, OTT
YouGov research for Edgeware finds clear demand for tailored TV content
Apr 4, 2019 – Online research from Edgeware and YouGov has found that 89% of adults across the UK, USA, Hong Kong, Mexico and Spain would be interested in content that is aimed at their personal interests when watching traditional TV channels.
News categories: Edgeware, YouGov, Johan Bolin, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Market Research, Mexico, NABShow, Spain, UK, USA
Hong Kong to begin analogue TV switch off on November 30, 2020
Feb 11, 2019 – According to Hong Kong's Secretary of Commerce and Economic Development, formal switching off of analogue TV services will begin on November 30, 2020, meaning that Hong Kong will enter into an era of full digital TV broadcasting from December 1, 2020.
News categories: Commerce and Economic Development Bureau, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Terrestrial
Casbaa releases updated pay TV and OTT Regulatory Review for Asia
Jul 19, 2018 – Casbaa has released a review of OTT and regulatory policies for the video industry around Asia. Based on a year-long study of legal frameworks and government policies, Casbaa has examined key issues in regulation of the pay TV and online video industry.
News categories: Casbaa, Louis Boswell, John Medeiros, Australia, Cambodia, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, USA, Vietnam
Brightcove releases research on OTT TV adoption in Asia
Jun 27, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced findings from a study carried out in partnership with YouGov that polled 5,000 participants across Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Singapore, and Thailand. The purpose was to discover how consumers are responding to OTT TV services.
News categories: Brightcove, YouGov, Ben Morrell, Asia, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Market Research, OTT, Singapore, Thailand
PCCW Media delivers live UHD HDR football coverage with Harmonic
Jun 25, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that PCCW Media's Now TV pay TV service in Hong Kong is delivering 4K live coverage of world-class sports events using an UHD HDR solution from Harmonic.
News categories: Harmonic, PCCW, Tony Berthaud, Kevin Chu, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV
Nearly one in four Hong Kong consumers use pirated TV boxes
Jun 25, 2018 – In a newly released Casbaa survey of the content viewing behaviour of Hong Kong consumers, it was revealed that close to one in four consumers (24%) use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content.
News categories: Casbaa, Neil Gane, Louis Boswell, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, OTT
Asian pay TV subscribers with 4K STBs reached 53.6 million in 2017
Mar 30, 2018 – According to Dataxis, the number of Pay TV subscribers in Asia owning a 4K set top box reached 53.6 million at the end of 2017. So far, more than 30 Pay TV operators have launched 4K set-top-boxes in Asia.
News categories: Dataxis, Australia, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Market Research, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Nielsen Marketing Cloud launches in APAC
Nov 29, 2017 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has launched its Nielsen Marketing Cloud in APAC empowering its clients to improve their advertising and content marketing effectiveness with a combination of audience data, technology and sales measurement.
News categories: Nielsen, TVB, Damian Garbaccio, S.K. Cheong, Advertising, Asia, Big Data, Hong Kong
- Interra Systems adds support for Dolby Vision to its QC platform
- Global SVoD revenues to grow 25% in 2019 to $36bn
- Rohde & Schwarz wins DVB-T2 transmitter contract in Egypt
- Allegro DVT introduces real-time AV1 encoder IP for 4K/UHD video
- Double digit growth for flat panel displays in 2018
- FreeWheel and A+E Networks pilot unified ad decisioning engine
- GatesAir and Foccus Digital upgrade ISDB-Tb transmitters for TV Record in Brazil
- Global 5G smartphone shipments to reach 5 million units in 2019
- Atlantic Broadband brings new TiVo experience to Low Country area of South Carolina
- Deltatre releases report on sports streaming
- Shemaroo enters the US market with ShemarooMe VOD launch
- Philo unveils connected TV ad platform
- Swisscom switches on Switzerland’s first 5G network
- US SVOD subscriptions to reach 270 million
- Premium video solidifies its position in the European marketplace
- Amazon bulk certifies Espial Elevate operators for Alexa voice control
- ACCESS acquires NetRange
- AT&T sells Hulu minority stake back to Hulu
- Witbe implements Nielsen Watermark Detection
- TekSavvy TV launching in Toronto