Hong Kong (HK) Digital TV News
Pay-TV penetration in APAC set to decline marginally through 2023
Jul 29, 2019 – Cord-cutting in developed APAC is set to offset gains in DTH and IPTV in emerging APAC (South and Southeast Asia) and as a result, the overall region is forecast to witness a marginal decline in pay-TV household penetration from 67.4% in 2018 to 67.0% by the end of 2023, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Malcolm Rogers, Australia, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Korea, Philippines, Subscribers, Thailand
TVB deploys Harmonic content-aware encoding on Hong Kong OTT platform
Jun 14, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Television Broadcast Limited (TVB) has deployed Harmonic's EyeQ content-aware encoding for its myTV SUPER OTT platform in Hong Kong. EyeQ encoding optimizes bandwidth for OTT services.
News categories: Harmonic, TVB, Tony Berthaud, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong, OTT
Datacom signed-up as Viaccess-Orca system integrator in APAC
Jun 11, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Datacom is the first company to sign-up to VO's system integration partnership program. Datacom will play a role in bringing VO's content protection and TV platform solutions to Asia-Pacific countries.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Datacom, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Bo Guan, Australia, China, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, Mongolia, Pakistan, Philippines, Vietnam
Nielsen launches global measurement for YouTube mobile app
Jun 3, 2019 – Nielsen has announced that it has expanded advertising measurement on YouTube’s mobile app to 26 additional markets. Now available in 34 markets, the service provides cross-device measurement of advertising audiences across computer and mobile devices.
News categories: Nielsen, Amanda Tarpey, Advertising, Belgium, Big Data, Brazil, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, OTT, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE
PCCW Media selects Harmonic media processing SaaS
Apr 7, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that PCCW Media is using Harmonic's VOS Cluster SaaS for its Now TV, now Player and Now E services. VOS Cluster cloud-native media processing speeds up time to market for new services.
News categories: Harmonic, PCCW, Tony Berthaud, Belinda Chan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, NABShow, OTT
YouGov research for Edgeware finds clear demand for tailored TV content
Apr 4, 2019 – Online research from Edgeware and YouGov has found that 89% of adults across the UK, USA, Hong Kong, Mexico and Spain would be interested in content that is aimed at their personal interests when watching traditional TV channels.
News categories: Edgeware, YouGov, Johan Bolin, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Market Research, Mexico, NABShow, Spain, UK, USA
Hong Kong to begin analogue TV switch off on November 30, 2020
Feb 11, 2019 – According to Hong Kong's Secretary of Commerce and Economic Development, formal switching off of analogue TV services will begin on November 30, 2020, meaning that Hong Kong will enter into an era of full digital TV broadcasting from December 1, 2020.
News categories: Commerce and Economic Development Bureau, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Terrestrial
Casbaa releases updated pay TV and OTT Regulatory Review for Asia
Jul 19, 2018 – Casbaa has released a review of OTT and regulatory policies for the video industry around Asia. Based on a year-long study of legal frameworks and government policies, Casbaa has examined key issues in regulation of the pay TV and online video industry.
News categories: Casbaa, Louis Boswell, John Medeiros, Australia, Cambodia, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, USA, Vietnam
Brightcove releases research on OTT TV adoption in Asia
Jun 27, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced findings from a study carried out in partnership with YouGov that polled 5,000 participants across Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Singapore, and Thailand. The purpose was to discover how consumers are responding to OTT TV services.
News categories: Brightcove, YouGov, Ben Morrell, Asia, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Market Research, OTT, Singapore, Thailand
- Nordics lose a generation of viewers
- Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Undertone and TVadSync create cross-platform TV targeting engine
- Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
- Amino and 24i to evolve Youfone's TV offering
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising