Ireland Digital TV News
Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
Oct 15, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that its users can now add the Apple TV app via the Roku Channel Store to discover and watch movies, TV shows and more, including accessing their iTunes video library and subscribing to Apple TV channels directly on Roku devices.
News categories: Roku, Apple, Scott Rosenberg, Apps, Argentina, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, El Salvador, France, Guatemala, Honduras, Ireland, Mexico, Nicaragua, OTT, Panama, Peru, Set Top Box, UK, USA
Viacom and Virgin Media extend content partnership in multi-year agreement
Oct 7, 2019 – Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN) and Virgin Media have agreed a distribution deal in the UK and Ireland spanning TV channels, on-demand rights and new streaming applications. Virgin Media will add My5, Pluto TV and MTV Play to the app section of its UI for the first time.
News categories: Virgin Media, Viacom, David Bouchier, Arran Tindall, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Set Top Box, UK
Liberty Global organic video subscriber losses at 54,900 for 2Q 2019
Aug 7, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB/LBTYK) has announced results for the second quarter of 2019. The company's continuing operations ended the quarter with 8.44 million video subscribers, a reduction of 54,900 on an organic basis in the quarter.
News categories: Liberty Global, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
Sky Media launches Sky Analytics
Jul 4, 2019 – Sky Media is on a journey to make Sky Analytics the one-stop portal for Sky Media campaigns. Starting with AdSmart and On Demand, media and advertising agencies and advertisers can use Sky Analytics to access and control advertising campaigns.
News categories: Sky Media, Stefan Jansen, Tom Vickers, Ian Waddington, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Ireland, UK
Nielsen launches global measurement for YouTube mobile app
Jun 3, 2019 – Nielsen has announced that it has expanded advertising measurement on YouTube’s mobile app to 26 additional markets. Now available in 34 markets, the service provides cross-device measurement of advertising audiences across computer and mobile devices.
News categories: Nielsen, Amanda Tarpey, Advertising, Belgium, Big Data, Brazil, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, OTT, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE
2019 LG AI ThinQ TVs add Amazon Alexa support
May 23, 2019 – LG has begun adding Amazon Alexa support to the company’s 2019 TV models featuring artificial intelligence. The update will be implemented through the Alexa app on 2019 TVs featuring ThinQ AI including LG UHD TVs, NanoCell TVs and OLED TVs.
News categories: LG Electronics, Amazon Alexa, Brian Kwon, Apps, Australia, Austria, Canada, Digital TV, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Smart Home, Smart TV, Spain, UK, USA
Liberty Global organic video subscriber losses at 60,500 for 1Q 2019
May 6, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced its financial results for the first quarter of 2019. The company's Vodafone and Sunrise transactions remain on track to close during the summer of 2019 and Q4 2019, respectively.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Poland, Results, Romania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
ITV to launch addressable advertising platform with Amobee
Apr 4, 2019 – ITV has announced that it has signed a UK and Ireland licensing agreement with Amobee for programmatic buying and selling of video inventory on the ITV Hub. This will enable ITV to launch a fully programmatic, advanced advertising platform.
News categories: ITV, Amobee, Carolyn McCall, Kelly Williams, Kim Perell, Chris Williams, Adam Pace, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Ireland, OTT, UK
Virgin Media and Sky unveil UK launch date for AdSmart
Mar 27, 2019 – Virgin Media and Sky have announced that, using AdSmart technology, addressable TV advertising will be available across the Virgin TV footprint in the UK from Monday 1st July. The launch of AdSmart will enable advertisers to target a potential audience over time of more than 30 million viewers.
News categories: Sky Media, Virgin Media, Jamie West, Pat Kiely, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Set Top Box, UK
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'