Ireland Digital TV News
Netgem TV launches In Ireland with Pure Telecom
Jul 23, 2020 – Netgem TV is now available in Ireland following a deal signed with Pure Telecom. After a successful 3-month free trial, the Broadband and TV bundle is now available to all customers for €43 per month.
News categories: Netgem, Pure Telecom, Sylvain Thevenot, Paul Connell, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland, Set Top Box
Disney+ rolls out in Europe
Mar 24, 2020 – Disney+ has launched in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Austria, and Switzerland. The service will launch in France on April 7th. Audiences can stream Disney+ on nearly all major mobile and connected TV devices.
News categories: Disney+, Kevin Mayer, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Gaming, Germany, Ireland, Italy, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Spain, Switzerland, Tablet, UK
True Royalty TV scales D2C service with Vimeo OTT technology
Oct 29, 2019 – True Royalty TV has announced that it is using Vimeo’s OTT technology to accelerate its direct-to-consumer business. Vimeo now powers True Royalty TV in all markets, including the U.S., U.K., Ireland, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
News categories: Vimeo, True Royalty TV, Kathleen Barrett, Gregor Angus, Apps, Australia, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, New Zealand, OTT, UK, USA
Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
Oct 15, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that its users can now add the Apple TV app via the Roku Channel Store to discover and watch movies, TV shows and more, including accessing their iTunes video library and subscribing to Apple TV channels directly on Roku devices.
News categories: Roku, Apple, Scott Rosenberg, Apps, Argentina, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, El Salvador, France, Guatemala, Honduras, Ireland, Mexico, Nicaragua, OTT, Panama, Peru, Set Top Box, UK, USA
Viacom and Virgin Media extend content partnership in multi-year agreement
Oct 7, 2019 – Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN) and Virgin Media have agreed a distribution deal in the UK and Ireland spanning TV channels, on-demand rights and new streaming applications. Virgin Media will add My5, Pluto TV and MTV Play to the app section of its UI for the first time.
News categories: Virgin Media, Viacom, David Bouchier, Arran Tindall, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Set Top Box, UK
Liberty Global organic video subscriber losses at 54,900 for 2Q 2019
Aug 7, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB/LBTYK) has announced results for the second quarter of 2019. The company's continuing operations ended the quarter with 8.44 million video subscribers, a reduction of 54,900 on an organic basis in the quarter.
News categories: Liberty Global, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
Sky Media launches Sky Analytics
Jul 4, 2019 – Sky Media is on a journey to make Sky Analytics the one-stop portal for Sky Media campaigns. Starting with AdSmart and On Demand, media and advertising agencies and advertisers can use Sky Analytics to access and control advertising campaigns.
News categories: Sky Media, Stefan Jansen, Tom Vickers, Ian Waddington, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Ireland, UK
Nielsen launches global measurement for YouTube mobile app
Jun 3, 2019 – Nielsen has announced that it has expanded advertising measurement on YouTube’s mobile app to 26 additional markets. Now available in 34 markets, the service provides cross-device measurement of advertising audiences across computer and mobile devices.
News categories: Nielsen, Amanda Tarpey, Advertising, Belgium, Big Data, Brazil, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, OTT, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE
2019 LG AI ThinQ TVs add Amazon Alexa support
May 23, 2019 – LG has begun adding Amazon Alexa support to the company’s 2019 TV models featuring artificial intelligence. The update will be implemented through the Alexa app on 2019 TVs featuring ThinQ AI including LG UHD TVs, NanoCell TVs and OLED TVs.
News categories: LG Electronics, Amazon Alexa, Brian Kwon, Apps, Australia, Austria, Canada, Digital TV, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Smart Home, Smart TV, Spain, UK, USA
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet