Ireland Digital TV News
True Royalty TV scales D2C service with Vimeo OTT technology
Oct 29, 2019 – True Royalty TV has announced that it is using Vimeo’s OTT technology to accelerate its direct-to-consumer business. Vimeo now powers True Royalty TV in all markets, including the U.S., U.K., Ireland, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
News categories: Vimeo, True Royalty TV, Kathleen Barrett, Gregor Angus, Apps, Australia, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, New Zealand, OTT, UK, USA
Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
Oct 15, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that its users can now add the Apple TV app via the Roku Channel Store to discover and watch movies, TV shows and more, including accessing their iTunes video library and subscribing to Apple TV channels directly on Roku devices.
News categories: Roku, Apple, Scott Rosenberg, Apps, Argentina, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, El Salvador, France, Guatemala, Honduras, Ireland, Mexico, Nicaragua, OTT, Panama, Peru, Set Top Box, UK, USA
Viacom and Virgin Media extend content partnership in multi-year agreement
Oct 7, 2019 – Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN) and Virgin Media have agreed a distribution deal in the UK and Ireland spanning TV channels, on-demand rights and new streaming applications. Virgin Media will add My5, Pluto TV and MTV Play to the app section of its UI for the first time.
News categories: Virgin Media, Viacom, David Bouchier, Arran Tindall, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Set Top Box, UK
Liberty Global organic video subscriber losses at 54,900 for 2Q 2019
Aug 7, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB/LBTYK) has announced results for the second quarter of 2019. The company's continuing operations ended the quarter with 8.44 million video subscribers, a reduction of 54,900 on an organic basis in the quarter.
News categories: Liberty Global, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
Sky Media launches Sky Analytics
Jul 4, 2019 – Sky Media is on a journey to make Sky Analytics the one-stop portal for Sky Media campaigns. Starting with AdSmart and On Demand, media and advertising agencies and advertisers can use Sky Analytics to access and control advertising campaigns.
News categories: Sky Media, Stefan Jansen, Tom Vickers, Ian Waddington, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Ireland, UK
Nielsen launches global measurement for YouTube mobile app
Jun 3, 2019 – Nielsen has announced that it has expanded advertising measurement on YouTube’s mobile app to 26 additional markets. Now available in 34 markets, the service provides cross-device measurement of advertising audiences across computer and mobile devices.
News categories: Nielsen, Amanda Tarpey, Advertising, Belgium, Big Data, Brazil, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, OTT, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE
2019 LG AI ThinQ TVs add Amazon Alexa support
May 23, 2019 – LG has begun adding Amazon Alexa support to the company’s 2019 TV models featuring artificial intelligence. The update will be implemented through the Alexa app on 2019 TVs featuring ThinQ AI including LG UHD TVs, NanoCell TVs and OLED TVs.
News categories: LG Electronics, Amazon Alexa, Brian Kwon, Apps, Australia, Austria, Canada, Digital TV, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Smart Home, Smart TV, Spain, UK, USA
Liberty Global organic video subscriber losses at 60,500 for 1Q 2019
May 6, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced its financial results for the first quarter of 2019. The company's Vodafone and Sunrise transactions remain on track to close during the summer of 2019 and Q4 2019, respectively.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Poland, Results, Romania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
ITV to launch addressable advertising platform with Amobee
Apr 4, 2019 – ITV has announced that it has signed a UK and Ireland licensing agreement with Amobee for programmatic buying and selling of video inventory on the ITV Hub. This will enable ITV to launch a fully programmatic, advanced advertising platform.
News categories: ITV, Amobee, Carolyn McCall, Kelly Williams, Kim Perell, Chris Williams, Adam Pace, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Ireland, OTT, UK
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV