Belgium Digital TV News
Wyplay powers 4K Android IPTV STB from Proximus
Nov 28, 2018 – Proximus has introduced its V6 set-top box (STB) running Wyplay's latest generation Android software. Wyplay enabled Proximus to successfully transition from Linux to Android with a complete software solution and integration services.
News categories: Wyplay, Proximus, Jacques Bourgninaud, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Yospace intelligently reduces addressable ad load for OTT
Nov 28, 2018 – Yospace has developed Non-Linear Startover (NLSO) technology which allows users of OTT streaming services to rewind live content mid-stream. Ad breaks are then intelligently reduced in length, allowing them to catch up with the live action.
News categories: Yospace, Medialaan, Tim Sewell, Calogero Macaluso, Olivier van Zeebroeck, Advertising, Belgium, Digital TV, OTT
Orange Belgium updates STB UI and Orange TV mobile App
Oct 29, 2018 – Orange Belgium has started updating the decoders of its more than 155,000 Love customers all over the country. Plus, the latest version of the Orange TV app allows customers to pause/timeshift up to 1 hour whilst watching.
News categories: Orange, Apps, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
Telenet and Media Distillery partner to improve timeshifted viewing experience
Sep 12, 2018 – Telenet and Media Distillery are announcing at IBC that they are using AI to improve the viewing experience for users of PVRs and replay services. The solution is based on Media Distillery's technology for accurately identifying when programmes actually start.
News categories: Media Distillery, Telenet, Roland Sars, Dimme Pleysier, Belgium, Big Data, Digital TV, IBCShow, UX
VOO selects Alticast set-top box middleware
Jun 8, 2018 – Alticast has announced that VOO has selected Alticast's AltiPlatform as its next-generation set-top box middleware. Alticast will upgrade the existing évasion boxes whilst adding backend components from its video service platform.
News categories: Alticast, VOO, Brian Koo, Christian Vyncke, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box
Orange Belgium expands video service with ZAPPWARE
May 31, 2018 – Orange Belgium is expanding its convergent offering with an evolution of its video features. This also broadens the scope for Zappware, Orange Belgium’s Digital TV Technology partner, who developed the multiscreen video platform.
News categories: Zappware, Orange, Patrick Vos, Cristina Zanchi, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, UX
Witbe and Divitel offer QoE management in Benelux & DACH
Nov 21, 2017 – Witbe and Divitel have become partners to offer managed testing and monitoring services for customers in Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Witbe products are used at Divitel’s TV and Video Application Lifecycle Testlab.
News categories: Witbe, Divitel, Marie-Veronique Lacaze, Hans Kornmann, Austria, Belgium, Digital TV, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, QoE, Switzerland
Orange and Netflix ink major international agreement
Sep 14, 2017 – Orange and Netflix have renewed the agreement signed in 2014 for the distribution of Netflix for Orange TV customers in France, and have expanded their partnership to all countries in which the Orange Group is present.
News categories: Netflix, Orange, Reed Hastings, Stéphane Richard, Belgium, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, DRC, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, France, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Iraq, Jordan, Liberia, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritius, Moldova, Morocco, Niger, OTT, Poland, Romania, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Spain, Tunisia
MEDIALAAN selects castLabs multi-screen playback technology
May 4, 2017 – castLabs has announced that it is supplying its multi-platform player technology and cloud-based DRM licensing to enable secure streaming by MEDIALAAN, the Flemish commercial television broadcaster.
News categories: castLabs, MEDIALAAN, Michael Stattmann, Wim Notredame, Apps, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
- Androidmov Technology unveils IPTV UX software
- Updated specifications for digital distribution of film and TV released
- 2019 predictions from Openwave Mobility
- EU agrees rules to facilitate access to online TV across borders
- 28% of U.S. smart speaker owners use it to control a smart home device
- Consumer IoT to be worth $6.6bn for telcos
- Viaccess-Orca to power Guigo TV live OTT service in Brazil
- Turkcell chooses Metrological to provide TV+ app store
- Wyplay source code powers Telefónica IPTV in Argentina
- EU to investigate acquisition by Vodafone of Liberty Global businesses
- Verizon begins Fios TV One rollout
- Vubiquity and Discover Digital launch VOD with TelOne Zimbabwe
- Telefonica Spain upgrades Movistar+ UI to add Netflix
- Go See TV and Flowplayer launch Shoppable Content Player
- Nordija wins IPTV contract from US fibre operator Ting
- Deutsche Telekom and MediaKind first to stream 6K tiled 360° live sport
- Shanghai sees world's first 4K UHD live broadcast via 5G network slicing
- Freeview NZ PVR combines Freeview features with streaming apps
- Mirada wins contract with Skytel in Mongolia
- 7Park Data tracks path from SVOD viewing to buying on Amazon.com