Millicom selects Intraway for DTH provisioningWednesday, May 6th, 2015
Millicom Selects Intraway to Provision DTH Services in Latin America
- Intraway’s solution allows the operator to manage its satellite television services, adding business models and value-added services for different market segments
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida — Intraway Corporation, a leading provider of software solutions for operations and business support (OSS/BSS) for telecommunications operators and service providers, announces that Millicom has selected Intraway’s satellite television (DTH) solution to support the operation of its services in Latin America, which were commercially launched during the second trimester of 2014.
The Millicom group, which operates under the Tigo brand, has implemented Intraway’s DTH solution at its headend in Paraguay, which supports satellite television operations throughout the whole region. The software supports Tigo’s satellite television operations in Bolivia, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Honduras, and Guatemala, performing all communication between its video service and its subsidiaries’ multiple billing systems. In addition, Millicom will soon integrate the necessary functionalities to be able to offer a prepaid service as well.
“Intraway has a platform that has proven to be successful in several video service and satellite television operators. It has been homologated with multiple conditional access systems to protect content security. For us, the solution’s flexibility is key. It allows us to quickly and efficiently integrate our different regional operations’ multiple billing systems in a centralized website,” stated Vincencio Maya, CTO, Cable, Home and Digital Media at Millicom.
Leandro Rzezak, Intraway’s CEO, emphasized that its digital television platform “is a flexible and modular solution that can be integrated with various billing systems. It allows operators to offer both prepaid and postpaid services. In addition, it is easily scalable for other services, such as data, telephony, and machine-to-machine (M2M) communications. We are proud to be able to accompany Millicom in its strategic path of transformation towards being a provider of diversified digital lifestyles.”
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA