TIGO deploys TiVo IPTV platform across Latin AmericaWednesday, October 6th, 2021
TiVo Brings IPTV Platform To TIGO Customers Across Latin America
- Delivering next-gen video services and TiVo’s award-winning user experience to TIGO subscribers
SAN JOSE, Calif. — TiVo, the company that brings entertainment together and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Xperi Holding Corporation (Nasdaq: XPER) (“Xperi”), today announced that it is introducing TiVo’s® IPTV platform to Latin American subscribers of TIGO, a leading provider of fixed and mobile services in Latin America.
TIGO ONEtv subscribers will now be able to quickly find, watch and enjoy the content they want with TiVo’s award-winning user interface, across all their devices. TiVo’s IPTV platform is powered by AI and delivers personalized search and recommendations, voice control, and a content-first, super-aggregated experience that brings together live, OTT and VOD content.
“We’re excited to announce these new deployments of our IPTV platform for TIGO households in Latin America,” said Matt Milne, chief revenue officer, Xperi. “The launch delivers on our mission of giving subscribers a superior video experience to find, watch and enjoy the content they love.”
The platform will be available on STB’s powered by Android TV, Android and iOS mobile devices, Web browsers and Apple TV, according to the needs of each individual market. The service has already launched in Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and with plans to expand to Bolivia, Paraguay, Panama, and Nicaragua in the coming months.
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution