DIRECTV planning to launch satellite TV in ParaguayTuesday, August 11th, 2015
According to Última Hora, DIRECTV is planning to launch a DTH satellite TV service in Paraguay in the near future, before its licence from the country’s telecoms regulator, CONATEL (Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones), expires.
There are 10 companies with DTH licences in Paraguay, but so far only two – Claro (América Móvil) and Personal (with TuVes) – are actually providing a service. The regulator is proposing to cancel the licences of operators that are not using them. DIRECTV received its licence in February 2011. This was renewed in June and now has an expiry date of Feb 23, 2016.
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles