Nielsen ONE launches globally, beginning with DenmarkWednesday, October 18th, 2023
Nielsen ONE launches globally
- Transformative cross-platform measurement solution debuts in Denmark
NEW YORK — Nielsen, a global leader in audience measurement, data and analytics, announced that it is launching Nielsen ONE, its cross-media measurement solution, in markets around the world, beginning with Nielsen ONE Content in Denmark. This launch is the first step in a global rollout of deduplicated, comparable, and comprehensive measurement of audiences across all platforms and media types. The timing of the rollouts and specifics of the solution will vary by market.
Nielsen ONE enables publishers and platforms to know exactly who is watching what in order to reach audiences that matter most, and gives media buyers the power to plan, optimise and measure campaigns with confidence. By aggregating viewing across distribution channels, Nielsen ONE Content will give the industry a deeper understanding of the value of content to guide content development strategies, media planning, and, ultimately, content distribution agreements. Nielsen ONE Ads offers an unparalleled view of the audience at each step of the media journey: from who saw an ad, to how the campaign was delivered to audiences, and what actions those audiences took as a result.
“Launching Nielsen ONE Content and Ads globally helps us power a better media future and is a truly transformative step towards achieving deduplicated cross media measurement,” said Deirdre Thomas, Chief Product Officer for Nielsen Audience Measurement. “Nielsen ONE Content going live in Denmark is an important landmark for the industry and for the future of measuring audiences across platforms and devices to provide deduplicated metrics. Denmark has always been a trailblazing market for us when it comes to measuring audiences and launching Nielsen ONE is further proof.”
Nielsen will focus on three primary guiding principles as it delivers cross-media measurement across the globe.
- Cross-platform: Adhering to rigorous measurement standards and working closely with relevant industry parties, Nielsen ONE enables comparability across all platforms so that media buyers and sellers have the most comprehensive view of their audiences.
- Coverage: Using the best data available in each market* to ensure that it has the most robust coverage across all devices, platforms and services. Nielsen will continue to expand its coverage with direct integrations with digital publishers and streaming services.
- Quality: Nielsen will continue to enhance the quality of its measurement products to ensure they accurately reflect today’s viewing habits across devices. Utilising the Nielsen ID system, which incorporates panel, third-party identity data and direct publisher integrations, Nielsen ONE gives the industry an accurate understanding of true persons-level viewing.
Global availability of these solutions will vary and the ability to deduplicate across computer, mobile, Linear TV and Connected TV (CTV) will be based on market level data availability. Nielsen ONE Ads has been available from 26 September in the following markets: Australia, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, and the United Kingdom.
* Nielsen has access to different data sets in different markets, and relationships with the Joint Industry Committees (JICs) and digital platforms.