Peripherals / Accessories News
Wipro launches Next-Gen ATSC 3.0 receiver software with Airwavz.tv
Feb 1, 2019 – Wipro (NYSE:WIT, BSE:507685, NSE:WIPRO) has announced the launch of its Next-Gen ATSC 3.0 software stack. The hybrid-TV viewing solution has been enabled using Airwavz RedZone Receiver (RZR) USB ATSC dongle.
News categories: Wipro, Airwavz, Anita Ganti, Bonnie Beeman, ATSC, Digital TV, Middleware, Peripherals / Accessories, USA
Irdeto secures MEDIA BROADCAST's portable USB pay TV device
Sep 2, 2016 – Irdeto has announced that it has been selected by MEDIA BROADCAST as the end-to-end security provider for its new USB device, which will enable live HD content to be viewed on PCs by German customers.
News categories: Irdeto, MEDIA BROADCAST, Richard Frankland, Kerstin Köder, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, Peripherals / Accessories, Terrestrial
ViXS launches USB DTT SoC and TV stick for mobile devices
Jan 4, 2016 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced its XCode 5505 chipset and CordCutterTV stick solution for Over-the-Air (OTA) streaming to mobile video devices. The XCode 5505, available now, is the engine for the CordCutterTV stick which will be available in Q1 2016.
News categories: ViXS Systems, John Pomeroy, CES, Digital TV, ICs, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
ZapperBox cable HDMI stick based on MaxLinear RF ICs on show at IBC
Sep 11, 2015 – ZapperBox and MaxLinear have announced that they will showcase cable set-top box (STB) HDMI sticks for the North American and European cable markets at IBC 2015. The DTAsticks use the MxL603 cable tuner and Kore-3 EN7120 SoC from MaxLinear.
News categories: MaxLinear, ZapperBox, Patrick Tierney, Gopal Miglani, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2019, North America, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Opera TV solutions to power Telechips' OTT platforms
Sep 9, 2015 – Opera Software has announced that with the support of the Opera Devices SDK 4.x series and the Opera TV Store, Telechips will be able to demonstrate live and over-the-top (OTT) premium content streams from partners, such as BBC iPlayer and hundreds of other TV apps.
News categories: Opera Software, Telechips, Aneesh Rajaram, Yongkwon Lee, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, OTT, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor
Tablet TV tuner launches in UK in time for Christmas
Dec 8, 2014 – Motive Television has announced that the Company will start taking pre-orders for TabletTV UK (TTVUK) for Christmas delivery. TabletTV UK will make it possible for viewers to watch over-the-air Freeview channels on their tablet or mobile device.
News categories: Motive Television, TabletTV UK, Leonard M Fertig, Apps, Digital TV, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, TV Everywhere, UK
Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
May 15, 2013 – Belkin has announced the availability of its receiver accessory for Dyle™ mobile TV. Paired with the Dyle™ TV app, the receiver makes live broadcast television available, without an Internet connection, to iOS device users in 37 major markets across the USA.
News categories: Belkin, Dyle, Apps, Digital TV, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Global Market for PC-TV Tuners to Reach US$2.6 Billion by 2018
Jul 18, 2012 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on PC-TV Tuners markets. The world market for PC-TV Tuners resurged following a brief recessionary lull, with revenues expected to reach US$2.6 billion through 2018.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Market Research, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Siano and LIFIA Team Up to Support Mobile DTV Project in Argentina
Feb 29, 2012 – Siano and LIFIA-UNLP, an IT R&D research group out of Argentina's La Plata University, have announced a combined 'Ginga' DTV solution for Windows and Linux PC applications in mobile devices.
News categories: Siano, LIFIA, Argentina, Middleware, MWC19, Peripherals / Accessories, Portable, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019