North America Digital TV News
Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
Nov 11, 2019 – Beenius has signed a reseller agreement with TVC Communications (TVC) to sell products in the Caribbean and Latin America (CALA) markets. TVC will sell all Beenius technologies and provide support in the CALA region.
News categories: Beenius, TVC Communications, Martin Žorž, Ken Olsen, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware
Looper Insights adds set-top box VOD store content visibility
Nov 8, 2019 – Looper Insights has launched Looper Insights SEE for STB, a set-top box-specific solution for VOD optimization. Studios and stores can now get full visibility of any title in any store anytime whether on an OTT store, an MVPD, connected TV or other device.
News categories: Looper Insights, Lucas Bertrand, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
Nov 7, 2019 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has reported results for the quarter ending September 30, 2019. The company closed the quarter with 12.18 million pay TV subscribers, including 9.49 million DISH TV and 2.69 million Sling TV subscribers.
News categories: DISH Network, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
U.S. pay TV household penetration down to 75%
Nov 5, 2019 – Research from Leichtman Research Group (LRG) finds that 75% of TV households in the U.S. subscribe to some form of live pay-TV service. The percentage of TV households that subscribe is down from 84% in 2014, 87% in 2009, and 81% in 2004.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
Nov 5, 2019 – Verance and Extreme Reach (ER) have announced plans to jointly bring addressable and cross-platform reporting capabilities to market. The partnership combines Verance’s watermarking with ER’s asset management platform for TV and Video ad creative.
News categories: Verance, Extreme Reach, Nil Shah, Tim Conley, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Watermarking
NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
Nov 5, 2019 – NBA Digital, jointly managed by the NBA and Turner Sports, has announced that NBA TV is now available directly to consumers from the NBA, becoming the first linear sports league network to launch a direct-to-consumer subscription offering.
News categories: NBA, Turner, Chris Benyarko, Tina Shah, Digital TV, OTT, USA
MediaMath bidding infrastructure to integrate LiveRamp identities
Nov 5, 2019 – MediaMath has announced a partnership with LiveRamp (NYSE: RAMP). LiveRamp’s IdentityLink (IDL) will be integrated into MediaMath’s bidding infrastructure, providing marketers a best in class experience for targeting and measurement.
News categories: LiveRamp, MediaMath, Travis Clinger, Jeremy Steinberg, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
U.S. Connected TV ad spending will grow nearly 40% in 2019
Nov 5, 2019 – Connected TV advertising is a small, but rapidly growing portion of digital advertising, and is competing directly with traditional TV advertising. eMarketer expects the channel to grow 37.6% this year to reach $6.94 billion.
News categories: eMarketer, Eric Haggstrom, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
WarnerMedia unveils HBO Max
Oct 30, 2019 – WarnerMedia has unveiled details about its HBO Max direct-to-consumer strategy, revealing a comprehensive offering of programming options for every audience, product features and functionality, and its go-to-market plans.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, AT&T, Robert Greenblatt, Ann Sarnoff, Kevin Reilly, John Stankey, Tony Goncalves, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
- Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
- NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
- NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
- TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
- Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
- BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
- Looper Insights adds set-top box VOD store content visibility
- MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
- BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
- Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
- Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
- Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
- U.S. pay TV household penetration down to 75%
- Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
- NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
- Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA