North America Digital TV News
Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
Jan 21, 2020 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has released its fourth-quarter 2019 financial results by posting them to its website. Global paid net additions totaled 8.8m in Q4. During the quarter, the company surpassed 100 million paid memberships outside the US.
News categories: Netflix, Reed Hastings, Greg Peters, Ted Sarandos, Spence Neumann, Digital TV, OTT, Results, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
Jan 21, 2020 – In 2019, U.S. consumers watched about 20 minutes more streamed TV content per week on Netflix than they did in 2018. Weekly time spent watching the top two SVOD services rose 7%, growing from 3 hours 45 minutes in 2018 to 4 hours 6 minutes in 2019, according to The NPD Group.
News categories: NPD, Kathi Chandler-Payatt, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
Jan 21, 2020 – USSI Global is to provide technical and logistics support, fulfillment and deployment services for Synamedia video network customers in the United States. Together the companies will also help customers with go-to-market strategies for ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Synamedia, USSI Global, Dave Longaker, David Christiano, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
Jan 20, 2020 – Syncbak has integrated adSync, the company’s dynamic ad insertion technology with MarketSync, its OTT syndication marketplace. adSync powers dynamic ad insertion for live- and on-demand OTT viewing. Participating stations use MarketSync to build out their OTT lineups.
News categories: Syncbak, Jack Perry, Mike Braun, Brian Burns, Kevin Dunaway, Advertising, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
Jan 16, 2020 – NBCUniversal has unveiled Peacock, a free premium ad-supported streaming service with subscription tiers offering more than 600 movies and 400 series, as well as compelling live and on-demand content across news, sports, late night, and reality.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Peacock, Steve Burke, Matt Strauss, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
Jan 16, 2020 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has collaborated with Syracuse University (SU) to identify key variables that may determine advertising avoidance and audience dropoff during commercial airings. SU applied machine learning to Comscore data to identify key attributes and patterns that predict commercial viewership.
News categories: Comscore, Syracuse University, Julia Johnston, Beth Egan, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
Jan 16, 2020 – FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has announced that according to a new survey of over 300 marketers and agencies, advanced TV is being used by the majority of advertisers to reach their target audiences.
News categories: FreeWheel, Advertiser Perceptions, Brian Wallach, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
Jan 16, 2020 – Parks Associates has found that over one-quarter of US broadband households are interested in innovative offerings accessed via television, such as offline viewing, video gaming, food delivery, ride sharing, and gambling.
News categories: Parks Associates, Steve Nason, Elizabeth Parks, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
Jan 16, 2020 – Winterberry Group expects continued outperformance of digital channels, with spend to increase 14.5%. Emerging digital channels, including influencer marketing and digital video (OTT and streaming), are expected to grow at rates of more than 30%.
News categories: Winterberry Group, DMCNY, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA